Link755US

New Grenades!

Link755US    142

Here I would like people to post information they have on the new explosives. I'll start with what information I have been able to gather, but feel free to reply with any new info or correct me where I'm wrong. Keep in mind that this is what I have been able to quickly gather. I will not be doing any extensive testing beyond what I have already done. I will also not be updating this in the future, so if you feel that it is outdated, start your own new topic.

Throwable explosives have now been separated into 4 categories. Here we will discuss categories 1, 2, and 3. The fourth category is anti-tank grenades which is less relevant. Within the 3 categories of new and old explosives, all weapons appear to have the same stats. Because of this, Reto has switched back to faction specific explosives for at least those categories. Players that already have other faction's explosives unlocked appear to still have access to them. Players that did not unlock those other faction explosives before the update will not be able to get access to them.

So if you are a US player and did not unlock the M24, M24 Frag, or RGD-33 before the update, you will not be able to get them. Conversely, players on the other two factions that did not unlock the Mk II will not be able to access it. Keep in mind that the explosives within each of the three categories I will lay out all appear to have the same stats. Thus, the difference is only aesthetic. From what I can tell, players that have not unlocked other faction explosives will not be at any tactical disadvantage.

Now for the juicy part.

Light Grenades

US has the Mk IIIA1 Offensive Grenade (new)

GE has the Stielhandgranate 24  (old)

SU has the RG-42 (new)

• Unlocks at Infantry Assault rank 3
  • Costs 9,200 credits to buy
  • Costs 153.33 credits per use (450 to use three)
  • Carry 3
  • Throwing velocity of 18m/s (theoretical best throwing range, haven't tested)
  • Explosive damage of 150
  • Explosive radius of 10m
  • Kill radius of 3.33m

Heavy Grenades

US has the Mk II Grenade (old)

GE has the M24 Fragmentation sleeve (old)

SU has the RGD-33 (old)

• Unlocks at Explosives rank 3
  • Costs 11, 000 credits to buy
  • Costs 183.33 credits per use (550 to use three)
  • Carry 3
  • Throwing velocity of 15m/s (theoretical mid throwing range, haven't tested)
  • Explosive damage of 110
  • Explosive radius of 25m
  • Kill radius of 2.77m

Demolition Explosives

US has the Infantry Demolition Kit M1 (new)

GE has the Stielhandgranate M24 Bundle (new)

SU has the RGD-33 Bundle (new)

• Unlocks at Explosives rank 8
  • Costs 14,000 credits to buy
  • Costs 233.33 credits per use (700 to use three)
  • Carry 2
  • Throwing velocity of 12m/s (theoretical worst throwing range, haven't tested)
  • Explosive damage of 200
  • Explosive radius of 20m
  • Kill radius of 10m

As you can see, 5 new explosives have been added. Each faction gets 3 explosives, one from each of the categories I've laid out. I will lay out some of my insights below, but keep in mind that I have done very little testing. Most of what I say is based on the stats you can see here. 

The Light Grenades will be the first grenade most players gain access to. They also appear to have the best all around usefulness against infantry. They can be thrown the farthest (I think), and have a decent kill radius. They are also the cheapest. So keep that in mind if you like to spam grenades.

The Heavy Grenades will unlock pretty quickly after using a few of the Light Grenades. They cost a bit more to use and don't throw as far. Most notably, they sacrifice a bit of damage for a huge blast radius. From what my testing can tell me, it appear Heavy Set does not affect the damage of any of the explosives in this topic. So even though the Heavy Grenades damage of 110 looks like it might be survivable with Heavy Set, it actually isn't. The main reason to use these is if you want to damage people in a large open area. They have a smaller kill radius than the Light Grenades, so you will have to get them much closer to your target if you want a kill. But you also don't have to get them as close to damage an enemy since their damage drop off isn't as steep. I personally only see these being useful outside buildings or if you know an enemy is already injured. They could also be throw to the center of a room to try and damage everyone inside.

• Here is a new side note on the heavy grenades. Since they have the smallest slope in the damage drop over distance (because they have the highest explosive radius with the lowest damage), they benefit the most from the Grenadier badge. This is because any increase to their damage will result in the biggest increase to their kill radius. In fact, Grenadier Gold will more than double their kill radius from 2.27m to 5.24m. For comparison, Grenadier Gold will improve the kill radius of Light Grenades from 3.33m to 4.20m, and Demolition Explosives from 10m to 11.3m. Thus, using Grenadier Gold makes the Heavy Grenades much more viable, but is less useful on the other types.

Demolition Explosives may take a little while to unlock. They won't throw as far as other explosives and cost quite a bit to use. These costs come at the benefit of a large explosion. They have the highest kill radius of any of the explosives. If you get one of these thrown near you, try to get some cover between you and the explosive to block the blast. You likely won't have enough time to outright run away from the blast. I haven't done any testing but these may also be useful for disabling vehicles due to their power. Since they are more expensive, I'd save these for when you really want someone dead.

Thanks for reading and feel free to share any more information you have.

Edited

Hello.

Thank you for sharing these information.

It is helpful if you are not sure which one to buy or which grenade type not to buy.

I personally think that the Demolition Explosives are not that great but at least only from your information, because I haven’t tested them yet.

Yes, they will kill on “direct hit” but all grenades are doing so.

I think the Light Grenades (I used M24 Stielhandgranate) didn’t changed that much.

Thank you again for your informative post.

Yours sincerely

Deutscher-Soldat48

Link755US    142

If it wasn't already clear by the statistics, overall grenades have a larger blast radius but do less damage. So they are more likely to injure someone now, but less likely to kill them.

Link755US    142
45 minutes ago, eldiablotux said:

Can Demolition Explosives  be used again tanks ?

Damage against vehicles is hard to calculate, and I haven't had a chance to test it. I am not sure. If I compare it with the sticky, on a strictly statistical level I would estimate that it would take approximately 10 Demolition Explosives to do the same damage as a sticky to a vehicle. However, I do not know for certain if that is the actually the case.  

SirMrGuyHuman    472
On 12/15/2020 at 5:29 PM, Link755US said:

Damage against vehicles is hard to calculate, and I haven't had a chance to test it. I am not sure. If I compare it with the sticky, on a strictly statistical level I would estimate that it would take approximately 10 Demolition Explosives to do the same damage as a sticky to a vehicle. However, I do not know for certain if that is the actually the case.  

it seems to be effective to throw these on tank roofs/under tanks. Armor is quite thin there and so it should theoretically do far more hull damage than armor damage.

Rdanzer    591

About Heavy Grenades.... throwing velocity of 15 m/s but blast radius of 25m..............does this mean that if you throw the grenade at a distance where it flies for only 1 second or less you essentially damage yourself as the thrower of the grenade?

i.e. you can't throw heavy grenades far enough without hurting yourself?..............or is there something wrong with these numbers?

Gerrit.    1,051
On 12/15/2020 at 6:26 PM, Link755US said:

Here is a new side note on the heavy grenades. Since they have the smallest slope in the damage drop over distance (because they have the highest explosive radius with the lowest damage), they benefit the most from the Grenadier badge. This is because any increase to their damage will result in the biggest increase to their kill radius. In fact, Grenadier Gold will more than double their kill radius from 2.27m to 5.24m. For comparison, Grenadier Gold will improve the kill radius of Light Grenades from 3.33m to 4.20m, and Demolition Explosives from 10m to 11.3m. Thus, using Grenadier Gold makes the Heavy Grenades much more viable, but is less useful on the other types.

That's a really nice point! Heavy grenades wih Grenadier Gold seem to be pretty useful with the biggest hurt radius and 2nd largest kill radius.

I still wonder how good demolition explosives are. You only get to bring 2 of them, but if they are any good at taking down APCs or recon vehicles with 2 grenades they may be worth it bringing as a generally useful badge.