Sign in to follow this  
emosh73

How many tanks should I really own?

Recommended Posts

emosh73    2

Hello all,

 

Alright, I don't want to buy any useless tank that will eat my credits up.  I play for the USA faction.  

 

I already own 4 tanks so far and have ALL tanks unlocked since I just completed the ARMOUR  ASSAULT badge.  

 

I own the M2 starter tank, M5 Stuart, M18 Hellcat and M10 Wolverine.    

 

I noticed that games either have two options for tanks.  1) Option ONE has either light tanks or light and medium tanks to use ONLY.  Option two  has medium and up to Heavy tanks and Heavy tank destroyers ONLY.  No light tanks included. 

 

My questions....

 

1)  Should I stick with M5 Stuart going in games ONLY allowing light and medium tanks?  Or should I buy a medium USA tank?  If yes, what USA medium tank is best?

 

2)  For games that only involve medium and up to Heavy tanks and Assault tanks should I stick with M10 Wolverine?  Or should I buy the M36 Jackson for such matches and use that along with the Wolverine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilliesJeep    189
1 hour ago, emosh73 said:

Hello all,

 

Alright, I don't want to buy any useless tank that will eat my credits up.  I play for the USA faction.  

 

I already own 4 tanks so far and have ALL tanks unlocked since I just completed the ARMOUR  ASSAULT badge.  

 

I own the M2 starter tank, M5 Stuart, M18 Hellcat and M10 Wolverine.    

 

I noticed that games either have two options for tanks.  1) Option ONE has either light tanks or light and medium tanks to use ONLY.  Option two  has medium and up to Heavy tanks and Heavy tank destroyers ONLY.  No light tanks included. 

 

My questions....

 

1)  Should I stick with M5 Stuart going in games ONLY allowing light and medium tanks?  Or should I buy a medium USA tank?  If yes, what USA medium tank is best?

 

2)  For games that only involve medium and up to Heavy tanks and Assault tanks should I stick with M10 Wolverine?  Or should I buy the M36 Jackson for such matches and use that along with the Wolverine?

This is what my tanker runs. Optionally you could swap the E8 for the Jumbo or the Pershing but this is just my personal preference.

unknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gobblesx    115

M24 Chaffee, E8 Jumbo, M10 Wolverine, M36 Jackson. All US heavy tanks are dead on arrival(they are the slowest tanks with either crap armour(Pershing) or trash gun(jumbo) and it really makes you lose brain cells).

 

I have 3 tankers with all tanks but if you want the best in my opinion use these.

Edited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhiteWolf2D    11

I'm not an experienced tanker. I do own over several tanks. I do however heavily infantry support and repair tanks, as well as deploy tank assault teams.

1. You need to weigh cost and benefits. If you're going up against only infantry, spawn only light tank stuart and HE spam. If you're going up against tanks, spawn a medium sherman.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TO3th5nfLrhqx-HQDA8cGxD4zoarQT7nHozZUhgSTYA/htmlview#

 

As you can see in this excellent spreadsheet, a stuart ONLY costs 86 credits to spawn! It does cost 13 credits per HE round you fire. A sherman costs 701. A stuart can rack up easily a 100 kills in a game, or none and you die 10 times. That's my input, for further info seek experienced players.

 

2. Can't speak for that. 

Edited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emosh73    2
On 12/5/2020 at 6:44 AM, Gobblesx said:

M24 Chaffee, E8 Jumbo, M10 Wolverine, M36 Jackson. All US heavy tanks are dead on arrival(they are the slowest tanks with either crap armour(Pershing) or trash gun(jumbo) and it really makes you lose brain cells).

 

I have 3 tankers with all tanks but if you want the best in my opinion use these.

You know what?  I will NOT buy a USA medium tank.  I will have to use my M5 Stuart and be sneaky among enemy medium tanks.  So be it.  The only thing now is that my M10 Wolverine have problems against enemy heavy tanks and heavy tank destroyers.

 

I might have to buy the M36 Jackson and call it a day.  The M36 can't be worst than the M10 going up against SU100 or Tiger 2 right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fegaris    1,743

Definetly Hellkitty and Jackson - best tanks in their cathegory

and then if you want, can get Jumbo as extra ;) . 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gobblesx    115
37 minutes ago, Fegaris said:

Definetly Hellkitty

Hellcat isn't worth using anymore against enemy tanks since it has no health and no armor, it gets taken out faster than a Stuart so its only worth using for quick mobility against infantry if you need to escape AT rambos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fegaris    1,743
1 hour ago, Gobblesx said:

Hellcat isn't worth using anymore against enemy tanks since it has no health and no armor, it gets taken out faster than a Stuart so its only worth using for quick mobility against infantry if you need to escape AT rambos.

....its still best tank for me. Health was not much issue for me as you basicly are not ment to get hit anyway, if you play it correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emosh73    2
On 12/7/2020 at 9:44 AM, Fegaris said:

....its still best tank for me. Health was not much issue for me as you basicly are not ment to get hit anyway, if you play it correctly.

Hellcat is not for me either.  I am lousy at it.   I rather the extra armor.  The Jackson has decent speed and decent armor and good firepower.  

 

In terms of repair bills and good all around tanks I love the M5 stuart and M10 in that regards.  I pick those two when I need credits among all else and low repair costs.

 

I see no reason to use the Hellcat now except for boredom and I don't mind paying a HEAVY repair bill.  

 

On another note,  is tank camo for M5 or Wolverine worth it?  Should I waste money on tank camo for US tanks? If yes, what type of camo to buy for the tanks I mentioned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mambooman    214
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 7:44 AM, Gobblesx said:

 

I have 3 tankers with all tanks but if you want the best in my opinion use these.

This is the way to go if you have the time and credits.  With spawn times and such, just about any tank can be useful in certain circumstances.  Though, certain ones will become your goto tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heid31stwc    31

You are best to get at least 2 tankers, 1 light and 1 heavy and then you will have more options on the map. Best option for tankers is to see what the opposition has . Pointless spawning lights against heavy. If you do find this then please after losing two tanks with no effect , stop spawning and go AT Rambo if u want to kill tanks.

 

MA202 - Fast and fun. No good against hvy or medium

M3 Lee - Just give to opposition and give them the disadvantage so we can win.

Stuart - Fast, low timer, can hurt mediums 

Chaffee - Upgraded Stuart but timer is always so long for this

M10 - Good against medium, some heavy, u need HE

Sherman - Worst optics in game, may as well have MR Magoo as your gunner

Jumbo - Good frontal armour, weak gun

Pershing - Slow has heck but has great optics and gun, but slow turret. Mr Rambo luvs Pershings as easier to kill than Tiger 2.

M18 - Fun, fast, weak armour

M36 - Good armour and gun, again need HE, probably best American tank 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mambooman    214
55 minutes ago, Heid31stwc said:

You are best to get at least 2 tankers, 1 light and 1 heavy and then you will have more options on the map. Best option for tankers is to see what the opposition has . Pointless spawning lights against heavy. If you do find this then please after losing two tanks with no effect , stop spawning and go AT Rambo if u want to kill tanks.

 

MA202 - Fast and fun. No good against hvy or medium

M3 Lee - Just give to opposition and give them the disadvantage so we can win.

Stuart - Fast, low timer, can hurt mediums 

Chaffee - Upgraded Stuart but timer is always so long for this

M10 - Good against medium, some heavy, u need HE

Sherman - Worst optics in game, may as well have MR Magoo as your gunner

Jumbo - Good frontal armour, weak gun

Pershing - Slow has heck but has great optics and gun, but slow turret. Mr Rambo luvs Pershings as easier to kill than Tiger 2.

M18 - Fun, fast, weak armour

M36 - Good armour and gun, again need HE, probably best American tank 

 

I would mix tank classes within each tanker - makes queuing as tanker (should you ever do that) much easier.  I set each of mine up to have a light, medium, heavy, and a TD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emosh73    2
3 hours ago, Heid31stwc said:

You are best to get at least 2 tankers, 1 light and 1 heavy and then you will have more options on the map. Best option for tankers is to see what the opposition has . Pointless spawning lights against heavy. If you do find this then please after losing two tanks with no effect , stop spawning and go AT Rambo if u want to kill tanks.

 

MA202 - Fast and fun. No good against hvy or medium

M3 Lee - Just give to opposition and give them the disadvantage so we can win.

Stuart - Fast, low timer, can hurt mediums 

Chaffee - Upgraded Stuart but timer is always so long for this

M10 - Good against medium, some heavy, u need HE

Sherman - Worst optics in game, may as well have MR Magoo as your gunner

Jumbo - Good frontal armour, weak gun

Pershing - Slow has heck but has great optics and gun, but slow turret. Mr Rambo luvs Pershings as easier to kill than Tiger 2.

M18 - Fun, fast, weak armour

M36 - Good armour and gun, again need HE, probably best American tank 

 

 

No Sherman Easy 8 on your list?

 

I noticed in this game that when I only set it for light tanks that I either go against against light or medium tanks ONLY.  The M5 slaughters any enemy light tanks and I have zero problems with my M5.  However,  my M5 is only good against certain medium tanks like Panzer 4, but no chance against the Panther and Soviet T34/85.  I usually only take on the Panther and T34 when they are preoccupied fighting other tanks or hit and run tactics.  I can handle the deaths of my M5 tank in such cases concerning credits.  Not sure buying a USA medium tank would help much against the Panther and T34's, while burning up my credits.  

 

The M36 can handle the enemy heavy tanks and heavy td's.  The M10 is not that bad either.  No need to buy a US heavy tank I believe.  

 

In conclusion, the ONLY tank left and possibly worth buying would be the Sherman Easy 8 since the other medium tanks are worse.  

 

 

Light tanks  I will use ----------------->   M5 Stuart

 

Medium tanks -------------->  Should I buy Easy 8?  Stick with M5 Stuart and use hit and run tactics?

 

Heavy tanks  ----------------------->  No need to buy since I use the M10 and M36

 

TD  ------------------------------->  use the M10 and M36 Jackson

 

 

Last question,  is the Sherman Easy 8 worth buying to go against the Panther and T34 mediums?  

Are US tank camos for M10 or M5 Stuart worth the money?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally have 2 tankers, one with hellcat, sherman E8, M36 and pershing, the other with stuart and chaffee

 

Quote

Last question,  is the Sherman Easy 8 worth buying to go against the Panther and T34 mediums?  

Are US tank camos for M10 or M5 Stuart worth the money?  

yes, first of all because it's the best US medium

but don't expect too much against panther or t34, the T34 hit harder and the panther have a better armor, you aren't completly outclassed, but it's a tough match

 

of topic : does iron fist still works on tank? I've put it off because I though it was patched, but I encounter some tank that seems to always crit, or use some bonus damage I dunno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
emosh73    2
1 hour ago, raptorjesus1st said:

I personally have 2 tankers, one with hellcat, sherman E8, M36 and pershing, the other with stuart and chaffee

 

yes, first of all because it's the best US medium

but don't expect too much against panther or t34, the T34 hit harder and the panther have a better armor, you aren't completly outclassed, but it's a tough match

 

of topic : does iron fist still works on tank? I've put it off because I though it was patched, but I encounter some tank that seems to always crit, or use some bonus damage I dunno

Iron fist works good against killing tanks with infantry soldiers.  Iron fist with tanker?  I have no clue if that works.

I always have Iron fist included on my AT rambo infantry soldiers.  Works great when using bazookas.  

 

I don't think the easy 8 is worth it.  I will take my chances with the M5 Stuart and call it a day.  Honestly, Panthers scare me the most in this game.  I either hide, run or hit them while they are distracted fighting others.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mambooman    214

Panthers are paper tigers.  Easy to kill if you know where to aim.

 

Also, noticed you said earlier that no need to buy heavy tanks.  Should invest in one....might not always have resources of the type of tank that is your ideal tank.  So, better to have the option than not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gerrit.    1,052
On 12/5/2020 at 6:12 AM, emosh73 said:

I noticed that games either have two options for tanks.  1) Option ONE has either light tanks or light and medium tanks to use ONLY.  Option two  has medium and up to Heavy tanks and Heavy tank destroyers ONLY.  No light tanks included.  

 

That's staged. In war, the players decide which tanks will be in a battle so you can have any tank resources against any enemy tank resources. Maybe you'll have heavy tanks and the enemy has light tanks, or the enemy has tank destroyers and you have none.

 

For war matches it is therefore useful to have at least one of every tank type, just because you don't know which resources you may have. And then you can get a few more tanks that may be situationally a better/faster/cheaper pick than another.

 

On Soviet side, I have two tankers and the top tier tank of every category, and a couple of quicker cheap tanks (T34-76, BT-7) that are often better than the 'top tier' tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a free game account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this