toyotahilux

Faction balancing

toyotahilux    0

Heroes and Generals is a fun game only when you win. Why that is is because the game balance is messed up, where like its a 60/30 split between Germany and the other 10 percent play as the Soviet Union. This makes it near impossible to win wars, and in battle, this also shows. Every time we enter a battle we get beat within the first few minutes because the other side always has more equipment. Furthermore, the battles are very unbalanced as well because the team with the more cargo trucks will certainly have an advantage and there's nothing we can do about it. Anti-tank weapons aren't common enough, so there's a limited number of options when it comes to dealing with tanks, especially when one side has a severe deficit in their numbers. Assault Attack battles are nearly impossible to win (at least as the Soviet Union) and there could be a lot more air involvement. This must be addressed ASAP, perhaps they can close down some factions at times when there are too many players in it. There should be a relatively equal number of players on each side and the playing field should be level during battles.

CashBanooca    34

people play this game exclusively to play GE , you could not imagine the amount of tears , snot and rage sweat we had to wade through if people didnt have the chance to EZ mode win .... uhm ... "Pick a faction because they have the coolest uniforms" ... yeah right

Reto couldnt care less about the soviet faction because for them , the big earners are GE - just look at their camo price and how many people are wearing them

All in all , its all a nice idea to have more AT in battles when you need them ... or tank destroyers for that matter so the tank babys dont throw a crying fit

but the cold hard truth is it has all been suggested 100 times before  and nothing ever happened because Reto doesnt want to saw off their only remaining leg by forcing people to play outside Winmany ...Crymany.... Germany ... sorry for that my keyboard must be stuck or something <.<

P.S. expect this post to be flooded with angry wehraboos if it picks up traction at all , not trying to be mean but trying to say anything about german overpopulation in this game is like trying to explain the benefits of a vegan diet on a butchers congress

Edited

SirHeresy    545

For me it is such a shame that US and SU were not combined from the beginning, merged after the fact, or at the very least allied toward a common war effort.  Likely at this point making the US and SU factions as allies with a common war victory goal would be the more achievable at this point.  Making them allies only would still allow for the possibility of separating them in the future if there is more equality achieved between the factions (personally I believe that GE will always have more players).  I think that all sides would have more fun with there being more equality of players, battles played more often, singular focus on an enemy rather than 2 separate ones, and not feel bad about picking the faction you want because you are worried about population imbalance.  Certainly there will still be some imbalance, but I do not think it would be to the degree that we have today. 

bloodremar    280

The problem starts with Faction concept GE has its best toys while US has less equipment and vehicles. SU is a bit better now but reto can add special para weapon to make them even better. There is also UK missing. 

Mr_Muerte    26
On 1/1/2021 at 11:18 AM, bloodremar said:

The problem starts with Faction concept GE has its best toys while US has less equipment and vehicles. SU is a bit better now but reto can add special para weapon to make them even better. There is also UK missing. 

We have two (2) allied factions and one (1) from the ''Axis''. Enter Japan before UK, which in fact, surely no more faction.

hummer108    48

Japan is nonsense, it's on the very opposite side of the globe and jap soldiers never fought alongside german soldiers.

Italy should be added and then no more new factions.

Mr_Muerte    26
9 minutes ago, hummer108 said:

Japan is nonsense, it's on the very opposite side of the globe and jap soldiers never fought alongside german soldiers.

Italy should be added and then no more new factions.

If we're talking nonsense....Since when did the URSS annex the UK as a satellite republic? In fact...since when did the Germans set foot on English soil? Let me tell your dear friend, that you just said the nonsense...Japan fought against the USA in the Pacific, and against the URSS (In the soviet-japan war, 1939...) See if it is nonsense, that not even North Africa, islands like Crete or Cyprus cannot be invaded...But of course, they are only nonsense... XD

hummer108    48
3 hours ago, Mr_Muerte said:

If we're talking nonsense....Since when did the URSS annex the UK as a satellite republic? In fact...since when did the Germans set foot on English soil? Let me tell your dear friend, that you just said the nonsense...Japan fought against the USA in the Pacific, and against the URSS (In the soviet-japan war, 1939...) See if it is nonsense, that not even North Africa, islands like Crete or Cyprus cannot be invaded...But of course, they are only nonsense... XD

Yes let's make it even more fvcked up by adding Japan to fight in Europe.
Switzerland would be fun too.

OC_Ludwig    503
8 hours ago, Mr_Muerte said:

If we're talking nonsense....Since when did the URSS annex the UK as a satellite republic?

1200px-Ingsoc_logo_from_1984.svg.png

Bruh, never heard of Ingsoc? Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia...

Lored1    40
On 11/22/2020 at 3:06 PM, toyotahilux said:

Heroes and Generals is a fun game only when you win. Why that is is because the game balance is messed up, where like its a 60/30 split between Germany and the other 10 percent play as the Soviet Union. This makes it near impossible to win wars, and in battle, this also shows. Every time we enter a battle we get beat within the first few minutes because the other side always has more equipment. Furthermore, the battles are very unbalanced as well because the team with the more cargo trucks will certainly have an advantage and there's nothing we can do about it. Anti-tank weapons aren't common enough, so there's a limited number of options when it comes to dealing with tanks, especially when one side has a severe deficit in their numbers. Assault Attack battles are nearly impossible to win (at least as the Soviet Union) and there could be a lot more air involvement. This must be addressed ASAP, perhaps they can close down some factions at times when there are too many players in it. There should be a relatively equal number of players on each side and the playing field should be level during battles.

You unfortunately do not know what you are talking about in regards of equipment. I am officer in GE clan and we win battles even without equipment. The equipment itself is controlled by generals, so if you dont have enough, go and blame your generals. But believe me, I would really love to give you a bunch of german randoms. Even dozen of bunches. Lovely people, you will like them. And yes there is should be equal number on each side, but how you want achieve that?

OdinThor321    178
23 hours ago, Lored1 said:

I am officer in GE clan and we win battles even without equipment. 

if u avoid good players everytime then its normal that u win without equipment :)

Dashadower    21
12 hours ago, OdinThor321 said:

if u avoid good players everytime then its normal that u win without equipment :)

Yes the reality is clans or other organized players will stomp pubbies so fast it makes the game unfun. And everyone knows they actively avoid each other LOL by cherrypicking the battles.

OC_Ludwig    503
On 1/16/2021 at 12:21 PM, Lored1 said:

I am officer in GE clan

I am engineer in Minecraft

7 minutes ago, Dashadower said:

Yes the reality is clans or other organized players will stomp pubbies so fast it makes the game unfun. And everyone knows they actively avoid each other LOL by cherrypicking the battles.

That's not a thing. In fact, many clans tend to fight others as they try to capture capitals and other clans go and prevent them from doing it. You have to look at the bigger picture, not just what you get to experience.

Dashadower    21
5 minutes ago, OC_Ludwig said:

I am engineer in Minecraft

That's not a thing. In fact, many clans tend to fight others as they try to capture capitals and other clans go and prevent them from doing it. You have to look at the bigger picture, not just what you get to experience.

Oh please I wish this was true but no, regardless of faction most games that have clans are vs randoms. It's especially notorious in Asia where you have multiple tryhard clans stomping pubbies.

Edited

OdinThor321    178
6 hours ago, Dashadower said:

alot of german clans are avoiding clan vs clan 

Lored1    40
On 1/17/2021 at 12:55 PM, OdinThor321 said:

We dont avoid good players. But since you are doing it, I will propose it as inspiration ;) Or jump into one line defence and then just enjoy seal clubing attackers.

Edited
Forgot to add 321Troll love for one line defences

OdinThor321    178
9 hours ago, Lored1 said:

We dont avoid good players. But since you are doing it, I will propose it as inspiration ;) Or jump into one line defence and then just enjoy seal clubing attackers.

HAHAAHAHAHA its like im talking with US Army Chat

Happened like a thousand times that 1st Jägers stopped queueing for a battle as soon as they see us queue against them or leave the battle or just give up or leave the entire region after 1 lost battle 

the only thing your clan does is playing against randoms, win in 8-10 min and feel good 

as soon as someone move ATs against you, you use Paratroopers all the time 

when there are like 2-3 vets in the enemy team you instanstly use tanks to spawn trap or spam APCs like crazy 

stop shirt talking on the forums and start to get better

everyone is laughing at you and posting baseball like this is not making it better 

Bibor    674
13 hours ago, Lored1 said:

We dont avoid good players.

Main characteristics of Ge vets, they don't avoid other clans and avoid staged battles. 

If the cap fits, wear it. Otherwise don't. 

Sqeek    723
5 hours ago, OdinThor321 said:

the only thing your clan does is playing against randoms, win in 8-10 min and feel good 

This is what clans and organized groups does in general tbh. Especially nowadays since there is literary 0 opposition in 99% of the games, seeing how most of the good veterans are long gone.

1 hour ago, Bibor said:

Main characteristics of Ge vets, they don't avoid other clans and avoid staged battles. 

If the cap fits, wear it. Otherwise don't. 

I am sure you know everything about veterans and their playing habits, please elaborate.

Bibor    674
1 hour ago, Sqeek said:

I am sure you know everything about veterans and their playing habits, please elaborate.

It seems the cap fits.