Sign in to follow this  
fracman

SU SMG

Fegaris    1,743

Intersting. Meanwhile some US/GE using PPSh as there is no tomorow instead of MP40 and Thompson. I myself am trying to unlock that thing. Even as captured, it has alot more bullers and alot higher RPM....there is basicly like no loss for CQC encounters for this weapon, Its basicly baby hipfire CQC LMG.

fracman    0

Serious query guys.  I finally made to the PPS which seemed attractive.  Looking at details it seems to have quite a bit more inherent accuracy but a lot smaller mag.  Would it be the best SU smg or should I stay with a modded lower tier and avoid a waste of credits?

Thanks.

Blahnjah    71

You can have multiple infantrymen, you don't have to make a choice. If you bought ppsh keep it, everyone is saying it's good. I have 2 SU smg infantrymen. Don't really use either of them much.

aanton1    131
7 hours ago, fracman said:

Serious query guys.  I finally made to the PPS which seemed attractive.  Looking at details it seems to have quite a bit more inherent accuracy but a lot smaller mag.  Would it be the best SU smg or should I stay with a modded lower tier and avoid a waste of credits? 

Thanks. 

I preffer pps,  more damage and better accuracy, feels more like a proper gun to me.  It's easy to play with and its easirer to hit targets a bit more distant than with ppd/ppš. 

If you are planing to have only one smg soldier than i would probably choose pps because of its versatility.   but blajhaj gave you legit advice also,   it's just that you will figure out that smgs are a very specific weapon for close quarters and the maps are huge, so there is that. good luck

SJGunn    322

PPS shoots a lot like the MP40 but costs more.  I would never grind a captured PPS for a GE character.  For US character the Thompson is ok, but MP40 and PPS both slightly outperform it.  But the M1/M2 is easy enough to get I wouldn't grind a captured SMG for a US guy anyway.

The PPD40 and PPSH41 both have lower damage and not-so-great range, but now have a higher rate of fire which makes them fun in and around buildings.  If you want a mid-range SMG go for the PPS with rate-of-fire mods.  If you play the short range game the PPSH41 is a lot of fun.  The only mod I put on my PPSH41 since they updated it is field sights.

boldin    894

PPD/PPSH indoors only, and requires helluva bullets to kill anyone. I prefer PPS hands down. Good hipfire, more range, much better than PPSH if you are into agressive attacking and prefer mobility. It's like Mp40 indeed.

guncolony.com    533

PPSh only good as secondary weapon when you're using it together with a SA or BA. Take off the backup mag then it only costs 5 points. PPS is better otherwise, it's now fairly balanced with the MP40. The damage, range and accuracy/spread are slightly better on MP40 but PPS has better velocity. The ammo per mag and reload is better on PPS 43 but MP40 has more backup ammo.

Edited

Blahnjah    71
26 minutes ago, guncolony.com said:

PPSh only good as secondary weapon when you're using it together with a SA or BA. Take off the backup mag then it only costs 5 points. PPS is better otherwise, it's now fairly balanced with the MP40. The damage, range and accuracy/spread are slightly better on MP40 but PPS has better velocity. The ammo per mag and reload is better on PPS 43 but MP40 has more backup ammo.

Ppsh is the best weapon in the game.

...when you play on 20 fps/200 ping.

fracman    0

So I sprung for the PPS, pretty happy with it stock.  Thanks to those who advised to go for it.  Have only used it against bots so far though.

Compared it to my modded MP-40, so far the PPS seems noticeably better.  Maybe different mods on it?  Different results on real players?

fracman    0

So I sprung for the PPS, pretty happy with it stock.  Thanks to those who advised to go for it.  Have only used it against bots so far though.

Compared it to my modded MP-40, so far the PPS seems noticeably better.  Maybe different mods for MP?  Different results on real players?

boldin    894
On 11/21/2020 at 4:25 AM, fracman said:

Compared it to my modded MP-40, so far the PPS seems noticeably better.  Maybe different mods for MP?  Different results on real players?

I prefer to use it with stability ammo, sights and rof spring. And ofc the hipfire badge. Hipfire headshots all the way (at least until headshots multiplier is gone)

Edited

guncolony.com    533
3 hours ago, boldin said:

I prefer to use it with stability ammo, sights and rof spring. And ofc the hipfire badge. Hipfire headshots all the way (at least until headshots multiplier is gone)

The hipfire badge actually doesn't help at all just btw. It only helps on weapons that normally have bad hipfire, which are basically AVS, Johnson, FG42. (The other LMGs shouldn't be hipfired at all because it slows your movement speed, might as well aim every time.)

pvt.Roqe    102

Oh boy my favorite topic!
If you have veteran, and can run heavy set and hipfire perks, definitely the PPsH for fun.

If you want consistent gameplay, the PPS is a good pick.

And for all you fellow masochists out there, low damage bullet, low RPM PPD is still the meta.

Just make sure to bring another bulletpancake with the PPD and PPsH, they really rip through that stuff...

Snots    8

I have the PPSh-41 + 2 pouches with my Anti-Tank guy (along with Panzerwurfmine Lang AT grenades, AT tank badges, and a wrench). 

I have the PPS-43 for my Paratrooper + 1 pouch (paras don't live that long anyway....). 

Blahnjah    71
11 hours ago, Snots said:

have the PPS-43 for my Paratrooper + 1 pouch (paras don't live that long anyway....). 

I think para eq points were increased to 8 the last update, so they can take full ammo and medic pouch and live as long as the infantry.