hoko90

Stock Maxim-Tokarev needs some love

hoko90    368

The sway when standing or firing is awful rn. Currently, Maxim-Tokarev is neither the only LMG with the biggest magazine -as it used to be- nor functioning as a true top tier lmg unlike its counterpart, MG42 and M1919.

Edited

Bibor    674

I bought it right after "weapon balance" and was the second biggest waste of money for me. 

viktor.oven    46

What are you talking about, GE loves maxim. Captured Maxim all around, are you blind ) 

Edited

Bibor    674
2 hours ago, viktor.oven said:

What are you talking about, GE loves maxim. Captured Maxim all around, are you blind ) 

Lol. Nice one. 

d|ng    3,321

I dunno. I prefer it to the 1919 for sure.  Less blocked view translating to longer range kills. nothing compares to mg42 though 

hoko90    368
8 hours ago, d|ng said:

Less blocked view translating to longer range kills.

That is what it looks like from the first sight but unfortunately, the excess sway will almost drive more bullets everywhere but the target. Even when crouching, it has more sway than both M1919 and MG42.

SJGunn    322

IMO Maxim and M1919 are pretty close in performance.  MG42 is a little too wild for me and I'd rather use the Maxim if I can pick one up.

BroskyBro    2,685
On 11/7/2020 at 11:35 AM, hoko90 said:

The sway when standing or firing is awful rn. Currently, Maxim-Tokarev is neither the only LMG with the biggest magazine -as it used to be- nor functioning as a true top tier lmg unlike its counterpart, MG42 and M1919.

if anything it needs a nerf. su players bro lemme tell ya 

Bibor    674
23 hours ago, BroskyBro said:

if anything it needs a nerf. su players bro lemme tell ya 

Man why is that in every comment you made lately you just pelt Su with abuses most of them just BS trolling. You were a civil guy with common sense. What happened bro? 

BroskyBro    2,685
9 minutes ago, Bibor said:

Man why is that in every comment you made lately you just pelt Su with abuses most of them just BS trolling. You were a civil guy with common sense. What happened bro? 

This week is SU, next week I'll move onto the Germans, and then save the best for last, the US.

Bibor    674
4 hours ago, BroskyBro said:

This week is SU, next week I'll move onto the Germans, and then save the best for last, the US.

Ok, have fun. 

Twan    131

The MT is probably my favorite MG right now, it is very stable and accurate when firing deployed (using it as an actual LMG).  Even the 1919 seems harder to control.

Edited

hoko90    368
8 hours ago, Twan said:

The MT is probably my favorite MG right now

That means you did not play with it at release time, do you?

8 hours ago, Twan said:

it is very stable and accurate when firing deployed (using it as an actual LMG).

As every other lmg, true?

8 hours ago, Twan said:

Even the 1919 seems harder to control.

Unless someone mods it for damage which is not a proper mod, it is already 3hk HSG stock ( as per wiki, 41.65 up to ~62m ).

MT right now has more obvious sway either standing or crouching than the other two, MG42 and 1919. Perhaps, it is still considered as an HMG as before upgrading the other two counterparts mags which still have their LMG stats  instead of HMG stats ( my pov ).

MG42 and 1919 are very good and fine right now and they are two of the top 5 most used guns rn in the game ( M2, STG, PPSh, MG42 and 1919 ) but MT, no, AVS? used to be but awful sway ruined it.

Twan    131
29 minutes ago, hoko90 said:

That means you did not play with it at release time, do you?

As every other lmg, true?

I played it for a long time, and there is a HUGE difference between a deployed MG42 and a deployed MT.  1919 is closer but still seems worse than MT.  Unless I am closer than a few houses distance/down the street  I'd rather have an MT than an MG42.  I use all LMGs stock.  And I don't consider the sway or recoil when firing it standing without the bipod, I think that should be even worse for all LMGs actually.

Edited

d|ng    3,321
21 hours ago, Twan said:

I played it for a long time, and there is a HUGE difference between a deployed MG42 and a deployed MT.  1919 is closer but still seems worse than MT.  Unless I am closer than a few houses distance/down the street  I'd rather have an MT than an MG42.  I use all LMGs stock.  And I don't consider the sway or recoil when firing it standing without the bipod, I think that should be even worse for all LMGs actually.

agree.   MT is the best ranged HMG right now for me,  mg42 is still the best overall.  Hoko is right that MT has more sway than 1919, but the visual recoil on the 1919 blocks view on farther ranged targets more and you can't reliably hit what you can't see

Edited

hoko90    368

I do hope ppl here have an understanding of the issue I`m talking about, let me reword what do I aim for:

1- The gameplay right now is almost the time if not in close range it would be in mid-range, it is actually very rare to play the long ranges due to: not all maps are suitable for that, dark shadows make things almost invisible, awful bushes everywhere and shirty guns on the addon side unless SA/BA,

2- killing in the long range is nothing but a luck, almost the time a random headshot,

3- playing the long range with any guns give the player plenty of time to choose what it suites him/her. In our situation, you can easily crouch, prone or deploy bipods depending on the place you are in,

4- MT with the current sway is in a big disadvantage playing close to mid-range especially in encounter situations ( face-to-face ) compared to both MG42 and 1919.

guncolony.com    533

With MG42 and Maxim when you adjust range up to 2000 m, you make your shots go above the iron sights and get less blocked view. With the 1919 it doesn't work because it switches to really obstructive ring sights. IMO the sights of the MG42 is clearer than MT when you do this trick.

I'd never use a M1919 for long range, but i'll use MG42 over Maxim in the current state. I think after the upcoming MG42 damage nerf and LMG recoil nerf in genearl, the Maxim will be on top though.

Edited

BroskyBro    2,685
On 11/12/2020 at 8:23 PM, hoko90 said:

killing in the long range is nothing but a luck, almost the time a random headshot

bro learn to aim 

On 11/12/2020 at 8:23 PM, hoko90 said:

MT with the current sway is in a big disadvantage

that's because it's overpowered