Reto.Hades    3,433

Changelog:

Flamethrowers:

- GE Flammenwerfer 41 added

- US M2 Flamethrower added

- SU ROKS-3 Flamethrower added

Weather presets:

- Fog distance decreased,

- fog color tweaked (making flying less impossible in fog)

- Night time tweaked:

Shadow intensity decreased 

Lighting decreased (less contrast, overall darker look)

-Tracer bullet intensity increased at night.

- Daytime-overcast setting shadow intensity decreased, smoke particles less visible.

Weapon changes: 
- Weapon modification effects reduced (generally by 20%-50% across the board)
- RangeFar and RangeNear reduced for SMGs.
- Close range damage increased on SMGs (except PPD and PPSh) and semi-auto rifles.
- Rate of fire increased on PPD, PPSh, STG-44, MG42.
- Damage-Far increased on M1 Carbine, M1A1 Carbine, M2 Carbine.
- Bullet speed increased on certain SMGs.
- Reload time increased for M2 Carbine, M1919A6, MG42.
- Reload time decreased for M1 Carbine, M1A1 Carbine, AVS-36.
- Increased belt size to 100 rounds for MG42 and M1919A6.
- Decreased amount of spare ammunition for MG42, M1919A6, M1 Carbine, M1A1 Carbine.
- Decreased Equipment Points for MG13, M1918A2 BAR, DP-28.
- Accuracy, recoil, and sway tweaks for: MG42, MG34, M1941 Johnson, M1918A2 BAR, DT-29, DP-28 (others might have received minor adjustments)
- Damage reduced on PMK-40 mine. (will no longer one-hit-kill)
- Added 1.3 second delay to handgrenades.
- Amount of spare hand grenades reduced to 3.
- Bolt cycle time reduced by 20% on bolt action rifles.
- Rate of fire increased by 15% on SVT-40, M1 Garand, G43.
- Russian rifle ammunition range-far increased.
- "Wear" on factory ammunition reduced for STG44, and M1/M1A1/M2 carbines.

*we made a lot of very small changes, so we won't add a full changelog per weapon, some more changes may be made

Anti-tank weapon changes:

- M1 bazooka (US), Grenatebuchse, captured M1 bazooka (SU) moved to infantry assault 4

- PTRD, Panzerbuchse, M9 bazooka moved to armor destruction 5

- H3 magnetic moved to Tank destruction 7

- Captured PTRD (US) moved to armor destruction 8

- Several changes to purchase prizes

- MG42 reload animations changed (at least in prone)

- 1919 will also receive a new animation, but this dit not make it to prototype

Currently looking into:

- Grenatebuchse damage/reload time

- PTRD reload time

- Panzerbuchse reload time

- Machineguns sway and recoil

aanton1    131

so atleast make the mods cheaper to buy and maintain if they are 20 to 50% less useful...

why the m2 nerf again?  it doesnt profit much from far damage boost and you didnt increase its base damage, just lowered its ttk significantly with the max rof nerf- that sucks.

good for avs reload time tho, only good change I see so far.

OC_Ludwig    375
31 minutes ago, Reto.Hades said:

Changelog:

Flamethrowers:

- GE Flammenwerfer 41 added

- US M2 Flamethrower added

- SU ROKS-3 Flamethrower added

Hoarder doesn't seem to affect the ammunition, is this intended behaviour?

Tollrasi    86

It's pretty funny to see how it doesn't work

I can't wait for it to be with the game itself 😄

You go into the game: the game is closed (or the servers are disabled)

Or maybe they will even be removed from the steam

Just thoughts :)

Dimis1987    375
1 minute ago, OC_Ludwig said:

Hoarder doesn't seem to affect the ammunition, is this intended behaviour?

You mean that "by emptying your pockets of unnecessary things you can't fit in some extra rounds fuel tanks"?

stones77    215

Flamers are good. As a greenhorn with it, I died more often by accident than by Hades' MG42 :D Only thing I wondered is that flamers don't do damage against small vehicles, which I expected in the first place.

Shooting out of bunker: 10/10
Shooting into bunker: 10/10
Shooting inside bunker and die: 10/10

Warm your feet in cold days and die: 10/10

Try to shoot through windows and grill yourself by wooden frames becoming enlightened: 10/10

Grill enemies: 11/10, very fast TTK, spitting range only.

Grill vehicles: 0/10

Can be uploaded right away, will be fun :D Good work indeed!

Slanesh42    35

Why hitting on M2 carbine? Who asked for an increase in its reload time ?

I'll speak about weapon mods after i'll have seen something, it doesn't look good tho.

And that PMK change is just garbage: if you wanna make people stop using it then give us a reason to use US and GE AP mines without cucking SU faction (i'm speaking as US main)

EDIT about SA mods: why? just why? was it necessary to totally screw over max RoF? What about lowering by MUCH the damage bonus of ammo and Scout-II and recoil reduction of Heavy spring, was that also necessary? I'm totally against all changes made on mods for SAs and ARs.

EDIT 2: barrel for SMGs is now totally and inequivocably useless, I almost couldn't see the damage graph change

Edited

OC_Ludwig    375
3 minutes ago, Dimis1987 said:

You mean that "by emptying your pockets of unnecessary things you can't fit in some extra rounds fuel tanks"?

What "fuel tanks"? The primers, which are what is depicted on the amunition counter, are rounds.

jKz6GYz.png

Dimis1987    375
4 minutes ago, OC_Ludwig said:

The primers, which are what is depicted on the amunition counter, are rounds.

Eh? What runs out on flamethrowers is not the primer though.. it's the liquid fuel.

OC_Ludwig    375
6 minutes ago, Dimis1987 said:

Eh? What runs out on flamethrowers is not the primer though.. it's the liquid fuel.

Do you mean IRL or in the game? The German flamethrower has 10 primers with no pouches, 30 primers with 1 pouch and 50 primers with 3 pouches. It is incoherent that the pouches give you more or less primers but Hoarder doesn't.

Dimis1987    375
9 minutes ago, OC_Ludwig said:

Do you mean IRL or in the game?

IRL.

9 minutes ago, OC_Ludwig said:

The German flamethrower has 10 primers with no pouches, 30 primers with 1 pouch and 50 primers with 3 pouches.

Thnx for the early info.

I had low expectations, but.....

Good job Reto.

Im dead serious, possibly the only wrong thing about this weapon balance is smgs,

Fast Reload Nerf - I don't get it, but I also didn't notice any significant difference.

Semi Autos - I tried semi autos, they still shoot practically the same as before, and I for one have a trigger finger so I would know a rof nerf when I see one, hell even the g43 didn't suffer at all.   

Carbine nerf - was fine, it still kills fast, only issue is that it still has the muzzlefire/smoke problem, but the change is definitely for the better, you won't waste too much ammo anymore.

STG buff - is fine, recoil is consistent and now shreds even better, might be the best AR now

AVS - I didn't notice anything / reload didn't feel like it changed, so no need to worry SU players

Flamethrowers - fun, they kill fast but I imagine its super easy to kill flamer guys, its like a mg42  with bullet mod, only limited range, didn't lag too much, but I was on first encounter so.... I love the screaming

LMGS - mg42 is KEK, does figure eights and crap, which I find funny and epic

So this weapon balancing wasn't so bad after all, nothing to worry about gamers

Edited

Mastah    1,138

Ergo:

No damage or precision increase on the B/A rifles despite the discussion... So still useless.

Also pretty remarkable, one of the most heard complaints, THE ROCKS, still litter around everywhere?  While decreasing the absurd lighting in night settings was a good thing (blue moon reduced?) it means the rocks are even less visible now?

GG Reto. You didn't surprise me (again). 

Edited

1 minute ago, Mastah said:

Ergo:

No damage or precision increase on the B/A rifles despite the discussion... So still useless.

Also pretty remarkable, one of the most heard complaints, THE ROCKS, still litter around everywhere?  While decreasing the absurd lighting in night settings was a good thing (blue moon reduced?) it means the rocks are even less visible now?

GG Reto. You didn't surprise me (again). 

This was a weapon balance, and BAs are fine.

rocks are honestly not that bad, it nerfs tanks 

Mastah    1,138
1 minute ago, VIEF_Cheesecake said:

This was a weapon balance, and BAs are fine.

They have been working on environment as well. (Even though i cant recall any recent discussion about the things they changed according to the log, so guessing it was a Reto thing)

And knowing rocks are terrorizing the game for both tank or regular infantry game play and removing them would improve game play a tenfold more than silly flame throwers, it's remarkable at least they did not pushed a change in this update.

Oh well...

AdrianVictus    950

As i tested a bit, 

MG-42 seems okay. Balance is well made, still playable.

STG seems a bit better

Flame thrower make a little bit to much damage in my sens. 

Slanesh42    35

Changes to SMGs are good-ish, only quasi-complaint is that they still have laser precision but that's mitigated by lower damage.

In the end my actual issues with this update are changes to the mods: many are now either useless (SMG barrel, long range bullet for SMG) or very close to being useless (RoF mods on some stuff like SAs, BAs and M2 carbine)

1 hour ago, Mastah said:

They have been working on environment as well. (Even though i cant recall any recent discussion about the things they changed according to the log, so guessing it was a Reto thing)

And knowing rocks are terrorizing the game for both tank or regular infantry game play and removing them would improve game play a tenfold more than silly flame throwers, it's remarkable at least they did not pushed a change in this update.

Oh well...

That's fine, but I prefer tanks to get stuck, they're HE spam hell after all

57 minutes ago, Slanesh42 said:

Changes to SMGs are good-ish, only quasi-complaint is that they still have laser precision but that's mitigated by lower damage.

In the end my actual issues with this update are changes to the mods: many are now either useless (SMG barrel, long range bullet for SMG) or very close to being useless (RoF mods on some stuff like SAs, BAs and M2 carbine)

ROF mods arent useless on SAs, they actually didnt get affected too much, the carbine didnt get a serious nerf honestly