BravoJuliet4me

RETO - HADES, SU can't keep up

Say what u want about the people that left the SU faction. IDC that's on them and not what this topic is really about despite the fact that they will be referenced. That small group of SU players that left should of never been able to make this much of an effect on our entire SU faction both in the RTS and the battles. But, the numbers and the stats are speaking for themselves, maybe there is some truth to what they are saying and protesting for. I mean, SU has an average of 1/3 wins to losses in battles, so there is clearly some kind of imbalance. Be it weapons or the average experience levels of players playing on the SU faction, idk man. However, something ain't right and it's showing pretty hard.

- SU is only holding its territory when either the US decides not to really attack us, or we get help from other factions. Even when the US doesn't intentionally push SU lines we are still being soft capped.

-SU is severally underpopulated, and short on enough infantry AT's to cover its territory. This is blatantly obvious by looking at the infantry on the RTS board stats and seeing Germany being anywhere from x2 to x4 bigger then SU, and USA being as much as x10 bigger then SU is. We need some kind of help to counter this. Once our front line falls we lose so much territory to soft capping, its insane simply because we just dont have any infantry for our territory. Just because a small handful of players left the SU (our whales) doesn't mean we should insta lose almost all of our battles and be forced to forfeit the RTS side of the war. We, your other SU players shouldn't be punished for this. Idk what your (reto's) plans are for fixing this problem or if there even is one, but i hope a resolution will come semi-soon because i like playing on my faction. Kindly said in advance and ty for reading this.

Blavor_666    86

Nobody cares man. Neither reto nor this community.

SU veteran population is a handfull of Russians that exist in their own non english speaking bubble and stay for nationalistic reasons. There is nobody else that cares.

Maybe a few scattered masochists like myself, who would rather help underdogs then have fun in the game.

It's always been that way and will only get worse as the game further declines.

Fegaris    1,742

I rly wonder, what is so bad lately about SU faction compared to US and GE.

Can someone enlight me please?

Thank you very much :3 

Jonas010    857
35 minutes ago, Fegaris said:

The biggest Problem are Whales and when they refuse to deploy or play other Factions the SU cannot keep up.

Their Playerbase is small and the other Issue is that many of them just play FPS because there was no need to deploy. The Whales provided enough Ressources tho.

At the previous Strike I suggested Reto to help Players with less than 100 or even 50 ATs, but nothing happened.

So, they are still dependant on the mood of their Whales and thats the biggest Issue for the Players. 

Reto seems to not care and I think that this is just the beginning. The Question is who is next, US or GE because they are also getting most Ressources from Whales.

Though GE could better compensate it as the biggest Faction. In fact its pointless to discuss about it with Reto because they gave up RTS long ago and are focused on FPS.

Edited

liverare    160
3 hours ago, Blavor_666 said:

Nobody cares man. Neither reto nor this community.

SU veteran population is a handfull of Russians that exist in their own non english speaking bubble and stay for nationalistic reasons. There is nobody else that cares.

Maybe a few scattered masochists like myself, who would rather help underdogs then have fun in the game.

It's always been that way and will only get worse as the game further declines.

The community cares, after all if one faction isn't putting up a fight then that jeopardises the game for everyone as wars start and finish within a day. I'm sure other faction's generals are complaining too.

RETO need to recognise:

1. SU faction is severely underpopulated
  2. Around 10-or-so SU generals were the ones keeping SU fighting

How do we populate the SU faction?

Persuasiveness/coercion - there isn't a third option.

The underdog bonus has worked to some extent as it's what enticed me into joining, and then I stuck around. However, SU is still wholly underpopulated so it hasn't worked, largely because it's a cheap fix that doesn't see Reto lose any gold purchases for. If Reto wants players to move between factions, then surely it must cost them.

How to we make it so the entire SU faction doesn't depend on 10-or-so SU generals?

Persuasiveness/coercion - again.

I have over 1 million warfunds I've saved up from exclusively playing the FPS side of things. When it comes to RTS, I have no idea what I'm doing and that side of the game bores me. So, I'm neither persuaded to use my warfunds nor is there anything forcing me to spend them, so the SU war economy goes on without me. How many other players are like me and only care about the FPS side of things?

-

-

The answers? The simplest one I can think off is to merge US/SU: it'd be a loss to very characteristics of this game were it to end up as a hodgepodge of both factions sharing the same weapons/vehicles/spawns. Plus the GE would complain that between us we have pretty much all the guns in the game and they're having to fight on two fronts again.

It could be that US/SU are separate factions that are allies; this has happened naturally in the past with a pact between US/SU. However, I don't see it happening anytime soon and so a solution would require Reto to intervene. A forced alliance would have its own problems: either we get the hodgepodge or we get in each other's way. If we had to remain within our own territories, then the pathfinding would be in some serious trouble as the RTS turns into a game of Tron. To solve this, it must be possible for two factions to be able to capture the same town:

PrsOBKl.png

This would somewhat work as it allows SU/SU to share each other's way-points without letting SU start off in London or US starting off in Kiev, or either having full access to one another's arsenal. But GE would rightly argue that between SU/US, we could grab up all the land and then things go back to GE fighting commendable armies on two fronts. Moreover, if a decade down the line we get even more factions, this system becomes infinitely more complicated.

The worst complaints would come from US/SU themselves, as you'd have a breakdown in communications the likes that have never been seen before, while 18 GE coordinate and fight 9 SU and 9 US. Plus, whether attacking or defending, players would complain that there are resources available and that they see them on the map being used, but they can't spawn them because they're SU and the ATs are for US, or vice versa.

So I don't see merging the two factions as a viable solution.

I'm not sure what the golden bullet is but I will come up with an idea. @Captain-Sebekel can vouch that I'm the idea guy and I'm full of 'em. :) But does anyone else have an idea?

Edited

Blavor_666    86
38 minutes ago, Fegaris said:

No. It's a waste of time going into endless dumb debates with other faction mains since you are all biased and none of us can really have numbers to back anything up.

I'll just say SU H&G is a colossally unfair gaming experience and it's been that way since forever, not just lately.

It's amount of broken uncompetitive matches. It's the amount of time you need to play to get a single match that you can even play to try to win as intended.

I wouldn't know how to fix it but It seems to be ultimately down to playerbase imbalance.

just merge teh soviets and US already, just remove soviets and put soviet characters in the US Faction. then rename US to allies

Fegaris    1,742
3 hours ago, Blavor_666 said:

No. It's a waste of time going into endless dumb debates with other faction mains since you are all biased and none of us can really have numbers to back anything up.

I'll just say SU H&G is a colossally unfair gaming experience and it's been that way since forever, not just lately.

Hmm judging by what ? I think i have played enough of HnG to take a guess, not to mention some ppl actualy grow from BIAs statements. You should open up your bubble. You are like in some stage of denial/ignorance yourself :D

1 hour ago, RussianSniper01 said:

just merge teh soviets and US already, just remove soviets and put soviet characters in the US Faction. then rename US to allies

Not like this. Just like after SU was released - make SU and US allies in RTS and all can be good.

3 hours ago, Jonas010 said:

The biggest Problem are Whales and when they refuse to deploy or play other Factions the SU cannot keep up.

Their Playerbase is small and the other Issue is that many of them just play FPS because there was no need to deploy. The Whales provided enough Ressources tho.

Here are two points to be said.

1st whales no longer can send so many free stuff into battle bcuzof WF matters now to them like for ages bfore to the US and GE - so they can waste it on some randoms casualy.

2nd FPS SU players got kinda spoiled by rich generals from past, as they could endlessly spam tanks and recons.

I guess overall special units are FINALY started to be understood as ´´special´´ for important breaktroughts or to counter enemy. Not just like regular infantry :)

If it comes to crying whales, there is always some small time each faction did that in past. Seriously, are whales needed, if they use their troops without brain and overstack everthing everywhere ? ....i mean sure, it happens across all 3 factions, but you rly dont need more like 300inf and maybe some specialized troops in battle. 

Sadly SU is mostly only whales or nothing. While GE and US have mostly few whales (RTS only) and rest of players use some troops to some extend themselves. So they are more indepandant as SU players on whales. I was rly easy in past to get OP army within short time on SU side, so i guess only few opurtunist take on it. 

Tho this is more like complex problem, as it basicly reach from FPS side, since most of pleb players are used to waste everthing, they are provided with in battle. Its mostly case for SU, since it was easy gain WF back in days, i guess now some gennerals are noticing their careless using of troops, since most of FPS players just waste those (that applies to all 3 sides, but US and GE used to know how to handle this by some gaming RTS tips, since GE and US were raised in low WF incomes)

7 minutes ago, Fegaris said:

Not like this. Just like after SU was released - make SU and US allies in RTS and all can be good. 

thats going way back, i cant remember what it was like back then, were US and SU not able to attack eachother?

[ORB]Mobster01    474
1 hour ago, BushElito said:

They couldn't attack each other because SU didn't even exist back then.

I think they were added in 2015 spring in K (?) build, and from the start they were enemies to everyone.

Timoshenko blyad!

Fegaris    1,742
7 hours ago, BushElito said:

I think they were added in 2015 spring in K (?) build, and from the start they were enemies to everyone.

UUUUF - 2015 ? RIP i am old. Doesnt feel that long.

Gosh, i was almost certain, there was short time where US and SU were co-op-ing after release and that later it become 3-way. Now i am not sure anymore......

Jonas010    857
12 hours ago, Fegaris said:

1st whales no longer can send so many free stuff into battle bcuzof WF matters now to them like for ages bfore to the US and GE - so they can waste it on some randoms casualy.

2nd FPS SU players got kinda spoiled by rich generals from past, as they could endlessly spam tanks and recons.

I guess overall special units are FINALY started to be understood as ´´special´´ for important breaktroughts or to counter enemy. Not just like regular infantry :)

If it comes to crying whales, there is always some small time each faction did that in past. Seriously, are whales needed, if they use their troops without brain and overstack everthing everywhere ? ....i mean sure, it happens across all 3 factions, but you rly dont need more like 300inf and maybe some specialized troops in battle. 

Sadly SU is mostly only whales or nothing. While GE and US have mostly few whales (RTS only) and rest of players use some troops to some extend themselves. So they are more indepandant as SU players on whales. I was rly easy in past to get OP army within short time on SU side, so i guess only few opurtunist take on it. 

Tho this is more like complex problem, as it basicly reach from FPS side, since most of pleb players are used to waste everthing, they are provided with in battle. Its mostly case for SU, since it was easy gain WF back in days, i guess now some gennerals are noticing their careless using of troops, since most of FPS players just waste those (that applies to all 3 sides, but US and GE used to know how to handle this by some gaming RTS tips, since GE and US were raised in low WF incomes)

I guess you haven't played SU for a long time.

Whales were deploying before the Protest more than enough and all Factions are spamming Toys and overstack Infantry.

So, you're pointing here some baseball out.

The thing is as mentioned that SU has the smallest Playerbase and is comepared to GE/US more dependant on the mood of their Whales.

Honestly , the last time I've seen you playing was one Year ago, I think. Its now worse. 

I am for it to help the small Generals and to give Players a Reason to play RTS too.

Many of them just won't deploy and this not only hurts the SU.

In fact it hurts also GE & US Players which waits longer for a Match.

The other Solution is to remove SU from War and let them only play Staged.

Edited

Fegaris    1,742

Yes, I don't rly play right now. As I have stuff to do during summer and enjoying the sun. My gaming mood is mostly during winter days.

6 hours ago, Jonas010 said:

Whales were deploying before the Protest more than enough and all Factions are spamming Toys and overstack Infantry.

So, you're pointing here some baseball out.

As I said....well re-read, what I have written before. 

18 hours ago, Fegaris said:

(that applies to all 3 sides, but US and GE used to know how to handle this by some gaming RTS tips, since GE and US were raised in low WF incomes)

Jonas010    857
2 hours ago, Fegaris said:

Yes, I don't rly play right now. As I have stuff to do during summer and enjoying the sun. My gaming mood is mostly during winter days.

As I said....well re-read, what I have written before. 

I played GE when we were walking all day long due to awful RTS back then.

And I played for US after the 1919 nerf when they refused to deploy.

GE was during that time real horror to play as Random, but Reto tweaked after the Shitstorm the Production. 

US was bad too, but we had still enough to hold about 4 Capitals.

SU on the other Hand just shows what could happen with US too. I'm sure that GE could compensate it due to large Population.

Anyway, as I mentioned above is Reto ignoring RTS and im as well not playing lately constantly.

I've been watching Amazon Prime Video & Netflix Series on my TV the last 3 days and may gonna play few Matches tonight. 

Mikaelmorgan    57

GE aint better of. those whales left also.

GE aint better of. we cant popp anything.

cut the map in half, 50% bottom half, and those few who still play dont have to suffer so much

4 minutes ago, Fegaris said:

now its like GE + SU vs US on war map :D xD 

Alt history if the Molotov Ribbentrot pact wast broken