Forums closed, discord our new home! Read more... ×
Heroes & Generals
Sign in to follow this  
TheEvilAndrew

About wasting of time and resources...

As the title says, please, when we are losing the battle (enemy attempting to take last point when defending, enemy numerical superiority or 2/3 minutes at end of battle) stop spawning or getting in the last point, let enemy wins. I saw often this: we are in attack with only 1 line, the enemy counterattacks, capture all points and people continue desperately to spawn, spawn with vehicles, spawn with apcs... Please stop wasting resources, go to play staged. Is very annoying to be stucked in losing battle with people that continue to make the agony long as possible. "Eh if you don't like or feel annoyed you can exit..."

No, I never quit a battle, I don't want to lose bonuses. I don't like people wasting resources. Simple, spawn if you want to spawn, but stay out of the last point, wait the enemy takes it  so the battle ends.

Zoaron    705

I know how you feel.

This happens quite often, your faction is being kicked of the battle map, there is no way to win, hence there is no reason to waste more resources; let them have it and try it in a second round.

The problem is that whoever wants can join the WAR battles, even if they have no clue about the game (they came from Staged and do not understand that in WAR players pay for the resources).

There should be some limit to be able to use certain resources.

For example, excluding the basic infantry resources, a player should only be allowed to use the special vehicles and classes when they have unlocked and deployed their own ATs at least once ( to understand the WAR funds economics behind it )

Another way could be that who spams a special vehicle like an APC, a Tank, a Plane, is giving back to the General 50% of the warfunds cost; at the end of the battle maybe they do not earn nothing or lose WFs but at least the learn to not waste these 'toys'.

Obviously it would be very useful if there was some kind of final battle report that shows how you made / lost warfunds in the battle, this would provide a better comprehension of the game mechanics.

Sturmfliege    131

Using all the stuff and toys could be fun even for the generals, if there would be a way to win WF in this game. But as we all know that there is only a 50:50 chance to gain profit, toys are expensive and in the situation that you described it´s a 100% loss for the general offering the units to the players in the match.

I wished that RETO had impemented some kind of battle leader that could open and close slots for to use certain (expensive) units. So that unsecessary  spawns could be stoped by the most experienced player on each side. But they didnt. They call it freedom...

Edited

We need like a mandatory tutorial (with a reward of 50 golds) that it will be unlocked when you will able to join war battles and it explains you about rts map and resources.

Kascha_xXx    25

You can't send planes to war, because you get poor, just recently, 24 planes sent to war, a beginner pilot was happy and had a K / D of 3/9, it sucks when so untalented people go to war to fly. You can't even lock them down so they can't waste planes! The second pilot had a K / D of 0/6. Why can't this be prevented, it's no longer fun.

Zoaron    705
On 10/22/2020 at 2:03 PM, Kascha_xXx said:

You can't send planes to war, because you get poor, just recently, 24 planes sent to war, a beginner pilot was happy and had a K / D of 3/9, it sucks when so untalented people go to war to fly. You can't even lock them down so they can't waste planes! The second pilot had a K / D of 0/6. Why can't this be prevented, it's no longer fun.

And to avoid having your ATs wasted, only send them AFTER the battle is popp(ulat)ed.

This at least will reduce the wannabe pilots to get in the battle in the first place.

Unfortunately, the spawn delay for players that change to pilots is so low that even if they crash the plane, they can get into a new one in no time.

Sign in to follow this