BRAVO9ACTUAL

PTRS: I spent irresponsibly

BRAVO9ACTUAL    47

I JUST got the PTRS finally for my Russian main. I bit the bullet and spent for the 30k gold on an ill-advised dare and bought it.

Now then,, irresponsible money spending habits aside, now that I have this ungodly rifle, i've noticed more than a few things.

1. The sights are just a suggestion for anything past 25 metres. Good luck actually hitting what you are aiming at unless its a big, BIG barn.

2. The smoke cloud. Oh dear jebus the smoke. Its like i'm in a squad with Snoop Dog or something. 

3. There is NOTHING more satisfying now to me, (even hitting people with a panzerschreck) than getting multiple kills with this ungodly behemoth of a thing

4. The cost and grind is INSANNNNE for what you get. Its a really, REALLY OP weapon against inf and planes, but it should really be made more affordable. Heck since it was put in the game i've only seen it in a match TWICE... 

5. Go for the FULL ammo loadout on it. You will need the extra rounds if you are going to use it in battle. Also...

6. Hoarder Gold is a must have for this thing. Or a close by ammo crate

Anyone else have anything to add? And if you are keeping score or anything my three day spend total is like $300 CDN. I am stuck home with a busted back for a week and want some fun. Sue me.

guncolony.com    533

It took me longer to grind tank destruction than to get the credits for PTRS. Reto's progression is broken.

I had a Bazooka M1A1 from before the ampulomat update and even then it took more than 10 hours or something crazy.

It's a good weapon that you can literally just spam without worrying about repair cost, I just don't think it's any better than a rocket launcher at anything other than AA. Sure hoarder is kind of insane on this thing and gives 15 bonus bullets, but a rocket launcher only costs 5-6 points so that's a moot point.

Edited

Lobo[PT]    557

i got it in few days after the captured weapons patch release on one of my GE soldiers. did want other guns first so i didnt bother with ptrs that much.
i did grind another soldier normaly and did took me few hours to do so. wasnt that hard. to be fair nothing in this game was hard to grind... couple of games/hours and i had what i wanted.. but i didnt saw that as a problem like i see it now but thats another story.

the grind for ptrs was easy, you play 1 round with it once you catch it from a enemy and buy the ribow until the last ribow "ranks" and you play it normaly once you pick it up again.as any other thing in this game its cheaper and less time to  consume to do this way... the cost is just too much but i did move on . lol, the fun i had with it did pay every cent.

its an amazing gun. the best AA gun GE had at the time. x).
did help some clan mates/friends of mine on the grind to get it. so thats a plus for me.

its a spam machine, since you will always cover your repairs just by salary alone. it took me by surprise the number of tanks i could kill with it on some sweet spots they have , and for AA gun. simply the best thing out there. (atleast at that time... i didnt play a full match for atleast 2 months now :S)

also, the sights have a litle trick once you zero it to 100mts. you ill find out prety soon if you keep playing with it against inf :P
somehow, isnt as fun as killing infantry with ptrd/pzb. i find pzb more deadly against inf and even more fun to gun and run with.

Edited

liverare    160
On 6/16/2020 at 8:10 AM, BRAVO9ACTUAL said:

REALLY OP weapon against inf and planes, but it should really be made more affordable

Do that and PTRS will be the staple infantry gun of choice, outclassing AVS. We'd even have enough little gnats between us to take down a fleet of enemy armour!

On 6/16/2020 at 8:39 AM, Lobo[PT] said:

did help some clan mates/friends of mine on the grind to get it. so thats a plus for me.

Did Reto foresee players capturing weapons and then helping their buddies capture it too by committing suicide and over their captured weapons to them? That sounds like abuse of the captured weapon system, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn if it was being used more widely. Also, it appears to me to be in bad faith that Reto allows players skip the captured weapons grind via credits/gold. Then again Reto will always nickel-and-dime players, shoving "BUY VETERAN MEMBERSHIP FOR X, Y, Z" and "WE GOT A SALE ON, SALE ON NOW, EVERYTHING'S CHEAPER!!!!! with gold." in our faces.

To go slightly off-topic: one of the reasons I don't evangelically recommend this game is because, between the huge grinds and constant allurement to buying & gold, I'd be accused of trying to rope people into a pyramid scheme or something. Pervasive MTX can be a sign of financial trouble, and I wouldn't be surprised if some who perceive that refuse to invest the time to play.

Edited

Twan    131

AT rifles should be made actually accurate, and only able to be fired when deployed.  Right now it's pretty much a hip fired (sort of) AT shotgun.