Reto.Hades

Prototype test: AI changes

Reto.Hades    3,433

The prototype server is now open again!

You can download it at http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com/

On the prototype server we had made some adjustments to the bots

The changelog is as followed:

• Make the AI less good at hitting the players, so the player will get a proper warning, when the AI is behind a bush or similar
  • Tweak the bots in tankvtank battles so they are less strong against players on foot
  • After the AI has their first hit with a Machine gun they should not hit with the following shots
  • Only half of the bots with bazookas will use them

Other changes:

• Mountain Town Bug fixes: 31430, 31442, 30183, 31513, 29251, 29235, 29531, 31258, 30775, 31168 (I have no idea /Reto.Hades)
  • Mountain Town changes:
  1. Changes to the elevated part of the town near D3. Walls lowered to allow MGs to be deployed. Added a hole in the rear wall.
  2. Hedgehogs moved near D3.

• Changed the layout of the VM screen and enabled the 180 day VM
  • activated 1 day veteran membership

czlopek    6

May i suggest giving bots a special distinct camo? 

After all, you need to change the way you shoot to kill them.

So knowing that you are dealing with bots in the first second or so of spotting them will help out in prioritizing targets.

Zoaron    683
2 hours ago, czlopek said:

please no, it would make things too easy.

2 hours ago, czlopek said:

After all, you need to change the way you shoot to kill them.

So knowing that you are dealing with bots in the first second or so of spotting them will help out in prioritizing targets.

I'd rather see that position fixed than distinct uniforms, bot behavior is pretty obvious anyways.

Akinaba    461
3 hours ago, Reto.Hades said:
  • activated 1 day veteran membership

Does that mean that anyone that participate the prototype test will recieve 1 day veteranship on their main account?

Zoaron    683

I like the 180 days veteran membership, I did not expected this!

I went through the mountain town map but i just cant find the changes / improvements made.

Please note that the soldier sequence still keeps changing, this is not an issue if you have 2 or 3 same rank soldiers though if you have many of the same rank (as I do) you lose a lot of time finding the one you want to find.

https://i.imgur.com/Zu2bIob.mp4

Soldier 3 / 4 / 7, i change a badge on soldier 7 and the sequence becomes soldier 3 / 4 / 6.

Besides the rank, there is no logical sort order of the soldiers anymore, not the name aand neither the experience level.

@Reto.Hades can you please forward this to the devs?

Thanks,

hoko90    367

I realy have an unpopular opinion about all this bot mess. I do think staged is not a place to farm bots for vet players but rather is a place to new players to test, upgrade guns and learn to migrate to to war, in an ideal world which is not the case right now due to how the RTS is broken for a long time now and you guys did too little to fix it. Even more, there's nothing attractive to staged players in joining WAR MODE, there`s no valuable ( special ) awards, no special badges or medals for war playersto diff them from staged, no clan system or custom clan badge to show off...,etc.

Back to the Tank vs Tank mode, I do think the idea was not for who capture any points rather than who farmed a lot of tank kills. I say, just give a fixed time say 30min with no respawn time at all, let those tankers leave our precious war battles and go enjoy themselves there without pissing of tryhards.

fatal-is    680

Not interested at all, you will change nothing based on feedback so cant be bothered. Have you removed those shirt rocks everywhere?

Edited

Lobo[PT]    557
16 minutes ago, fatal-is said:

Not interested at all, you will change nothing based on feedback so cant be bothered. Have you removed those shirt rocks everywhere?

Prety much this... all the proto tests i was part we all provide feedback that didnt change nothing at all.. therefore, its a waste of time to do so.

starkdog    530

bots should just walk around in groups chanting "bot lives matter".

Sigvall_2    255
11 minutes ago, starkdog said:

bots should just walk around in groups chanting "bot lives matter".

On time 😂😂

guncolony.com    527
19 hours ago, Reto.Hades said:

The changelog is as followed:

• Make the AI less good at hitting the players, so the player will get a proper warning, when the AI is behind a bush or similar
  • Tweak the bots in tankvtank battles so they are less strong against players on foot
  • After the AI has their first hit with a Machine gun they should not hit with the following shots
  • Only half of the bots with bazookas will use them

Reto wtf? These look like the most bandaid of bandaid fixes ever. Like you can't even make 1 developer spend a few hours more to get a significantly better fix.

Instead of making the AI accuracy lower overall in an attempt to fix the bush vision problem, what about just adding an invisible hitbox to the bushes that affects AI behavior?

Instead of hard coding it so the bots with SMGs miss what about making them actually fire in bursts?

Instead of making bots with bazookas not use them what if there were less bots with bazookas in the first place?

bartalamey1    334
3 hours ago, guncolony.com said:

Reto wtf? These look like the most bandaid of bandaid fixes ever. Like you can't even make 1 developer spend a few hours more to get a significantly better fix.

Instead of making the AI accuracy lower overall in an attempt to fix the bush vision problem, what about just adding an invisible hitbox to the bushes that affects AI behavior?

Instead of hard coding it so the bots with SMGs miss what about making them actually fire in bursts?

Instead of making bots with bazookas not use them what if there were less bots with bazookas in the first place?

how simple. "few hour", "just add", blah blah blah... the problem has been known for a long time, do you think they didn’t come up with everything that you came up with in the first minute of thinking about it?

as I see, in HnG "passable by bullets" = "passable by bots eyes". I don't know for what developers trapped themselves that way, but unfortunately it can be unfixeble without deep diving.

Edited

bartalamey1    334

1a. hard to use bunker without ironsight. I think the embrasure should be wider. or a certain "window sill" from the inside, on which bipods can be installed, which will make it possible to see more space at the top.

Spoiler

d1-1.pngd1-2.png

1b. hard to find a place to put MG on bipods. you have to lean out and look for the installation point somewhere from the outside.

2. wall on d3 is still too high. can't put the trunk down when using the bipods standing on the barrels. (near the location on the screenshot)

Edited

starkdog    530
10 hours ago, b.j.blazkovitch said:

Played few rounds, bots still die like flies, didn't notice much difference.

bots look at map, get run over by tank.