Reto.Hades

UPDATED DEVELOPMENT OVERVIEW - MAY. 2020

Reto.Hades    3,433

Click here to see the Development Overview

The Development Overview board provides an overview of what projects are currently in development at RETO MOTO, so you as players of Heroes & Generals can see what we are working on.

The overview lists both the player-facing projects we are doing such as new content, features and maps. But it also shows the projects that are happening behind the scenes. Development projects you as a player may never even notice, but they are necessary to do to keep the game going.

The Development Overview is a living thing. Projects grow, transform, split into new ones or change all together as we work on them. Sometimes you might even see a project moving backwards in development if we find out something needs to be reworked.

WHAT THE DEVELOPMENT OVERVIEW SHOWS

Our current development projects are sorted into three basic sections based on where they are in our development cycle – early to final development.

This provides an indication of how far along in development a given project is.

The individual projects on the Development Overview vary in size and as such there can be a huge difference as to how long a project remains in one section or another.

The Development Overview also gives you an insight into what project we have chosen to put on hold, which are in test and projects released since the overview was last updated.

The Development Overview will be updated on a monthly basis.

Cheers!
RETO MOTO

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2020/05/

degie7    42

Yeeeeey Flamethrowers 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Lets burn some bots in staged 😎

Edited

I love the smell or crashed servers in the morning.

Anyway please no tweak for the gungameplay and another UI rework ? No thanks.

Junell    128

Flamethrower? Why make novelty weapons before another set of normal high tier guns? Or carbines? Or recon rifles? Or the silenced recon SMGs? Or the AT trucks? Or attack aircrafts? Or bombers? Or the last three recon vehicles? Or more AA trucks?

To be clear. I want flamethrowers. But why not finish the countless things that you already have proposed first?

And again. Roadmap? Flamethrowers are just another whim. Why not make a plan?

Edited

Link755US    142

I'm not against flamethrowers but I personally think shotguns would be a more easily balanced cqc weapon and wouldn't put nearly as much strain on the game engine. Although I'm not sure how viable either is as a weapon since there is so much open space.

Lobo[PT]    557

In b4 “on hold” for months to come.

starting another weapon type with weapons already on the “on hold” tab is indeed strange. 

weristderbabo1    126

Feel free to hate me, but this totally new types of weapons/vehicles is exactly the stuff a game needs. HaG is still my favourite game, but after playing for many hundred hours it gets pretty repetitive. New toys like tanks bring fun for a few hours, but dont differ much in the most cases from other tanks already in the game.

But i agree with @Lobo[PT] , bringing guns in the game which you already worked on for months should have the highest priority.

On 5/20/2020 at 7:33 PM, weristderbabo1 said:

new types of weapons/vehicles

Agree but flamethrowers (and "burn effects") are a complete new level for this engine which already suffers from 8 planes at the same time.

For the beginning the ability to lauch nades from your rifle, silenced guns (though this would require a overhaul/ fix of the sound system) which are already in Trello, self-propelled AT vehicles/ guns (I really wanna see a Marder), rockets for the T3 planes (and bomb types), AA artillery or stationary AT guns would be a good start.

Edited

KKND2    105

i look forward to my flame tanks, anti infantry melee aoe artillery tanks for city attacks :D

hope it wont destroy me frames.  im using a pretty old gpu Q_Q

also mortar plz.  preferably mortar in an apc to shoot across the map :D

Mastah    1,139

No battle list (which is much requested)  because it would be a heavy burden on servers but we DO see flame throwers?

Dear god... I completely fail to see the logic in that one

Edited

New toys

EDIT: practically all the things that interest me are in the ON HOLD option. Skill based matchmaking, only early development, when I don't know for how many years the requested thing is. Cockpit view? Really? - okay.

Edited

Zoaron    683

Actually there is very little new content to be expected of which absolutely nothing regarding the RTS part of this game.

dark clouds ahead....

Valmanway    6

If you want to make some good helmets that everybody will buy, just add some officer's cap.

I'm sure tons of Hitler Youth and brainwashed commissars will buy badass officers cap.

so just stop adding senseless alternative-color skins.

I would like to see self-propelled artillery tank that would shoot barrage from the range,

Katyusha for soviets would be nice, panzerwerfer for german to counter em. the ally? I have no idea, maybe sherman calliope?

I also looking forward to seeing engineers that can build field artillery or stationed AA gun anywhere he likes.

Does anyone agree?

Does anyone like to see the 8.8cm that will shoot down a plane or destroys a heavy tank?

some people said this game should add the British force or the Japanese force,

but I think it should be a skin for the ally or the german instead.

adding extra factions doesn't make sense for this game for now.

keep up the work, this game still has lots of potentials unlike BF5. 

3 hours ago, Valmanway said:

If you want to make some good helmets that everybody will buy, just add some officer's cap.

I'm sure tons of Hitler Youth and brainwashed commissars will buy badass officers cap.

so just stop adding senseless alternative-color skins.

I would like to see self-propelled artillery tank that would shoot barrage from the range,

Katyusha for soviets would be nice, panzerwerfer for german to counter em. the ally? I have no idea, maybe sherman calliope?

I also looking forward to seeing engineers that can build field artillery or stationed AA gun anywhere he likes.

Does anyone agree?

Does anyone like to see the 8.8cm that will shoot down a plane or destroys a heavy tank?

some people said this game should add the British force or the Japanese force,

but I think it should be a skin for the ally or the german instead.

adding extra factions doesn't make sense for this game for now.

keep up the work, this game still has lots of potentials unlike BF5. 

Just get in the forum search option. You will be surprised to find almost all of the things you have listed that have been offered by the community. New military equipment, and engineers, and sub-factions and stuff like that. All of this has been offered (and still is offered) countless times now. RETO should have amassed a huge archive of such ideas. They just don’t have the resources for that.

As for the officers hats, (distancing  from the Nazi epithets ), I would much rather do it automatically when a player is assigned as a squad leader. He automatically gets an officer’s hat instead of a helmet.

<Winston>    143

Reto should finally habe a real Roadmap. Its really disgusting that all the nice stuff is on hold for ages but almost everytime they add sth. new its automatically in development or almost released.

Destroy666    14

TLDR: there are almost finished some leaderboard UI reworks that will probably not matter too much, flamethrowers in early development before they go on hold in a few months, skill-based matchmaking that will probably make matchmaking even worse, otherwise no interesting feature being worked on. As always most things are on hold. As for bugfixes, nothing too specific, mostly usual "terrain fixes" that are done all the time but the terrain is still awful,