filduch

Low FPS

filduch    0

Hello

please  help me, with FPS

When i play heroes and generals in update 1.14 to 1.16 i have 40-70 fps in war, on medium setings

When come update 1.17 my FPS, drop on 10-20 fps on minimum setings. Now is update 1.18.1 and i have 6 FPS in normal battle. 

Please help me with boost setings.

Thank you.

ps: sorry for my english.

Al3k    2

unknown.png

Well probably you dont fit the requirements XD

Tricksho[T]    151
On 5/1/2020 at 5:00 AM, filduch said:

Hello

When i play heroes and generals in update 1.14 to 1.16 i have 40-70 fps in war, on medium setings

When come update 1.17 my FPS, drop on 10-20 fps on minimum setings. Now is update 1.18.1 and i have 6 FPS in normal battle. 

Thank you.

Hi filduch! 

It's sad to hear that you went from 40-70fps all the way down to 6fps... Here are some things you can try that might boost your FPS back up to what it was: 

1. Update your drivers. Go to https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx if you have a Nvidia GPU or https://www.amd.com/en/support if you have an AMD gpu. From there download the latest driver. 

2. Console commands. Console commands can increase fps significantly. To enable the console please see 

Here are some commands you can try in console. 

type the command followed by 1 space then either 1 for on or 0 for Off

render.enable_ssao (must be re-entered every map but worth it)

render.enable_tessellation

render.enable_reflections

render.enable_subsurface

streamer.maxvideomemory

Additionally, Kotton has a nice youtube video showing the whole process. 

3. Take a read of this post https://heroesandgenerals.com/2017/03/five-tips-to-get-higher-fps/

4. Set H&G to "High" priority in the task manager.

1. Open task manager (Search for it in the search bar)

2. Find the "Details" tab unknown.png

3. Make sure you are in a match and look for H&G.exe

4. Right click on H&G.exe and click set priority > then high.

That's about all you can do... If you are running on 6fps after all of this it's probably a good idea to buy a new computer or look to upgrade a few components of your current system. Goodluck man, let me know how it goes :)

CrazySerb90    72
16 hours ago, Tricksho[T] said:

good idea to buy a new computer or look to upgrade a few components.

No shirt captain obvious, how about game optimization?
It is nonsense that this game with such obsolete graphic engine require high-end PC.

This guy told you he had a 60 fps and now he plays at 6, and yet there is no new graphic improvements in this game so that he can lose fps on that.

With such graphics and mechanics this game should run smoothly on 300$ PC. It should...

Edited

Tricksho[T]    151
2 hours ago, CrazySerb90 said:

No shirt captain obvious, how about game optimization?
It is nonsense that this game with such obsolete graphic engine require high-end PC.

This guy told you he had a 60 fps and now he plays at 6, and yet there is no new graphic improvements in this game so that he can lose fps on that.

With such graphics and mechanics this game should run smoothly on 300$ PC. It should...

No need to be rood, i'm simply explaining how he can get better FPS. Everyone is already aware that the engine H&G uses is terrible, however right now they don't have the resources to transfer everything over to a new engine (They said it in a devstream) 

A $300 PC still wouldn't be able to run modern games @ 1080p medium-high settings with more than 60FPS. 

CrazySerb90    72

That's not helpful advice, thats trolling. We all know that new 1500$ PC can give you normal FPS in this game but thats not fix.Better tell him this game is terrible, unoptimized, broken, with a trash servers...than say buy new PC.

300$ PC is not enough for modern games but this trash is not modern game.

On 5/1/2020 at 10:32 PM, Tricksho[T] said:

Hi filduch! 

It's sad to hear that you went from 40-70fps all the way down to 6fps... Here are some things you can try that might boost your FPS back up to what it was: 

1. Update your drivers. Go to https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx if you have a Nvidia GPU or https://www.amd.com/en/support if you have an AMD gpu. From there download the latest driver. 

2. Console commands. Console commands can increase fps significantly. To enable the console please see 

render.enable_subsurface

streamer.maxvideomemory

3. Take a read of this post https://heroesandgenerals.com/2017/03/five-tips-to-get-higher-fps/

That's about all you can do... If you are running on 6fps after all of this it's probably a good idea to buy a new computer or look to upgrade a few components of your current system. Goodluck man, let me know how it goes :)

I want to know if there is any posibility to set those commands as default not to write em at start of every batlle...

18 minutes ago, Alexandru_Vanatorul said:

I want to know if there is any posibility to set those commands as default not to write em at start of every batlle...

there are automation programs like AutoIt, not sure how anticheat will treat it tho

Blahnjah    71
3 hours ago, b.j.blazkovitch said:

there are automation programs like AutoIt, not sure how anticheat will treat it tho

What about localsettings.ini?

As far as I know those commands can just be saved there.

CashBanooca    46

Just add them to the localsettings.ini file

you can get there from the HNGsync window that opens when you open the game

HNGSYNC window> File>edit Localsetting.ini

now a text file should open , most of the commands are already in there , the only thing you have to change is translating the commands to localsettings -

render.enable_subsurface 0 for example would be translated to render.enable_subsurface=false

0=False (disabled)

1=True (enabled)

If a line is missing , for example render.enable_tessellation=false   you add it amongst the other render.enable options in its own line

once you have changed all the settings you want go to Files > save ( this is important as the settings will reset otherwise )

I would not Add Streamer.maxvideomemory - you lose too many details for almost no performance gain if you are CPU bound

if you want some more options and a video on how to add them - GPAKOS made a video explaining how to do it Click Me for Link

Also in order to save the process priority to high you can download a programm called prio from https://www.prnwatch.com/prio/

it lets you change the process priority in your taskmanager and also save it , aswell as core affinity ( not needed for this )

by the way , inside localsettings.ini

render.GlobalLODDistMultiplier=1.500000

is currently bugged and cant be properly changed

Edited

Kgulart    0
On 4/30/2020 at 4:00 PM, filduch said:

Hello

Thank you.

I've pretty much the same problem, I could play this game 60 fps on maximum settings before, now I barely get 5 fps with minimum settings, with the performance just going up in the end of the battles which isn't very helpful... And for clarification, my computer isn't the best, but it can still run GTA V on medium settings at 60 fps, Cyberpunk on low settings at 20-40 fps (huge jump because of the optimization issues that I have), RDR2 on low settings at 30-40 fps, so, like everyone else, I believe something is wrong with the optimization on this game...

On 5/1/2020 at 4:32 PM, Tricksho[T] said:

Hi filduch! 

render.enable_subsurface

streamer.maxvideomemory

Btw, I will try these "fps boosts" to see if it gets the game a little bit smooth, but even if this doesn't work I would like to thank you anyway!
Besides, my friend running this game with a high end computer (RTX 2060 SUPER, 16 GB RAM, i7 4.3 GHz) still gets the computer pretty heated up, so the devs should address this problem asap or they'll be losing a lot more players than they already lost, which is pretty sad since I had so many good times playing this with friends .-.

MorElfas    0

plis help me i have 40 50fps 
pc spec: gtx gforce 1060 6gb cpu: ryzen 5-3600 16gb ram
how to fix this 

KP78    2
On 3/23/2021 at 9:51 PM, MorElfas said:

plis help me i have 40 50fps 
pc spec: gtx gforce 1060 6gb cpu: ryzen 5-3600 16gb ram
how to fix this 

I have GTX 1060 too. Only way to fix is new graphics card like Nvidia RTX 3070, which may be impossible with todays chip problems in China...

DovAhnakin0    0

We're in 2021 and this game is still lagging as love ! 
Even Planetside 2 in High Quality doesn't put so much pressure on my graphic card ! 
I can make 2 or 3 games on any map without any problem, but for some reason I can have one map where I'll be between 10 and 15 FPS; like come on...
If the system is not upgrading at least aim for a map rework, you've got more trees where it is not needed than in the whole Amazonian forest