Reto.Hades

Update 1.18.1 - Combat Rebalance

Reto.Hades    3,433

Soldiers!

Update 1.18.1 is here! Weapon Rebalance, Ground-to-Air Combat Adjustments, terrain fixes and more! Don’t miss out on what is new!

Weapon Rebalancing

Working with our community we have been tweaking many weapons on our public test server. Our goal with this patch is to balance weapons better - several weapons have been performing better than intended and vice versa. Starting with this update, we are going to look into doing more balance updates to improve Heroes & Generals for the better.

We have normalized many stats of all weapons to each specific weapon group. All weapons have also seen sway reduction when standing still, while increasing when moving. Specific weapons have also seen Rate of Fire changes, both increases and decreases.

For a full list of the changes you can take a look at our Changelog!

Ground to Air Rebalancing

We have also revisited ground to air combat in update 1.18.1! The aim of these changes is to increase the fun factor of being infantry. This has been done with focus on vehicles, mostly tanks and planes.

Starting with tanks, we have adjusted the armor of most tanks, making the actual armor of the tank stronger but several medium tank destroyers now share around the same health pool as light tanks. This will also improve tank vs. tank combat - while tank destroyers pack a punch, their sturdiness is their weakness in many cases. Tanks have also seen a few adjustments to their armaments, this includes Coaxial, Turrets and Vehicle Mounted Machine Guns along High Explosive Shells.

Along the vehicle changes the planes also received quite a few substantial changes. They are more vulnerable to ground fire and damage toward ground targets have been decreased - this also means that planes do less damage to planes.

For all the specific changes you can check out our Changelog!

Terrain Fixes

We have a bunch of terrain fixes on several maps and done a few changes to improve the overall experience as a Soldier! Maps affected are Forward Airfield, Town Map, Samrée Depot and Colmar Hamlet.

Most maps have had their floating ammo, panzerfaust and medic crates grounded and vice versa for buried crates and props.

The Town Map has also received some well deserved love. The distance between the curb and the cobblestone road in the center of the town has been decreased, vehicles should no longer have trouble maneuvering.

We have also smoothed the terrain along the river on Colmar Hamlet and increased the height of the terrain under the river for easier crossing both on foot and in vehicles.

Vehicle Damage Indicator

In 1.18.1 we have introduced a vehicle base damage indicator to the UI. Knowing your strength in combat and how you should approach the enemy is critical. In the bottom middle of your screen you are now fully aware of your vehicle’s condition indicated by green/red color.

ENLIST IN THE WAR AND FIGHT FOR YOUR FACTION NOW!

Enjoy!
RETO MOTO

Changelog

CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE FULL CHANGELOG!

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2020/04/update-1-18-1-combat-rebalance/

guncolony.com    527

The initial test server build of this update had every gun being nerfed to death, but in this final update it seems like we got buffs to many weapons instead and barely any nerfs. Overall the infantry balancing is great now, each faction has weapons that can seriously shred the opponent and you can also get shredded quickly yourself. STG/AVS are no longer dominant because lower TTK weapons now exist that nonetheless have decent handling. MG13 was broken but has been fixed as well with a longer reload and worse accuracy when moving.

Buffed A Lot - PPD40, MP34, MP40, Grease Gun, Thompson, M1/M2, M1918 BAR, MG34

Buffed A Little - PPS43, Maxim MT, M1919, DP28, Johnson

Roughly Stayed the Same - AVS36, STG44, MG42, FG42, PPSH41, DT29, SA rifles, BA rifles, Pistols

Nerfed - MG13, M1 Carbine, M1A1 Carbine

New tier list IMO:

S (top choices) - DT29, M1919, AVS36, STG44, M1/M2, M1 Garand

A (very good) - MG42, PPSH41, MG13, Maxim MT, MP40, SVT40, G43, FG42, P38

B (decent) - Thompson, PPS43, DP28, BAR, Johnson, P08, M1917 Revolver, MG34, Mosin

C (mediocre) - Grease Gun, MP34, 1911 Pistol, Nagant M1895, K98k, M1903

D (bad) - PPD40, M1A1 Carbine, Korovin TK, Pistol C96, TT33

F (terrible) -M1 Carbine, Model 1934, 1903 Pocket Hammerless

Edited

sayukta    111

i dont understand why semi auto carbine still cant 3HK??

guncolony.com    527
29 minutes ago, sayukta said:

i dont understand why semi auto carbine still cant 3HK??

to "balance" out the insanely OP 800+rpm 1 shot headshot M1/M2 in this new patch

sayukta    111
Just now, guncolony.com said:

to "balance" out the insanely OP 800+rpm 1 shot headshot M1/M2 in this new patch

🤣🤣

Lobo[PT]    557
5 hours ago, Xanotos said:

loving the plane nerf

Fıx the files so people cant change them to remove weather effects and similar abuses.

thats known since day 1...

starkdog    530
4 hours ago, Lobo[PT] said:

thats known since day 1...

well i just got back on this forum. i'll say hi to @Lobo[PT] hi!

stay wellThe look robert downey jr GIF on GIFER - by Direwarden

Sahuco    9

So far I like this new update,brings finally to the US an AR,and GE and SU still having really good weapons.

Lobo[PT]    557
2 hours ago, starkdog said:

well i just got back on this forum. i'll say hi to @Lobo[PT] hi!

stay wellThe look robert downey jr GIF on GIFER - by Direwarden

💪💪 

stay safe mate! 

Al3k    2
12 hours ago, guncolony.com said:

The initial test server build of this update had every gun being nerfed to death, but in this final update it seems like we got buffs to many weapons instead and barely any nerfs. Overall the infantry balancing is great now, each faction has weapons that can seriously shred the opponent and you can also get shredded quickly yourself. STG/AVS are no longer dominant because lower TTK weapons now exist that nonetheless have decent handling. MG13 was broken but has been fixed as well with a longer reload and worse accuracy when moving.

Buffed A Lot - PPD40, MP34, MP40, Grease Gun, Thompson, M1/M2, M1918 BAR, MG34

Buffed A Little - PPS43, Maxim MT, M1919, DP28, Johnson

Roughly Stayed the Same - AVS36, STG44, MG42, FG42, PPSH41, DT29, SA rifles, BA rifles, Pistols

Nerfed - MG13, M1 Carbine, M1A1 Carbine

New tier list IMO:

S (top choices) - DT29, M1919, AVS36, STG44, M1/M2, M1 Garand

A (very good) - MG42, PPSH41, MG13, Maxim MT, MP40, SVT40, G43, FG42, P38

B (decent) - Thompson, PPS43, DP28, BAR, Johnson, P08, M1917 Revolver, MG34, Mosin

C (mediocre) - Grease Gun, MP34, 1911 Pistol, Nagant M1895, K98k, M1903

D (bad) - PPD40, M1A1 Carbine, Korovin TK, Pistol C96, TT33

F (terrible) -M1 Carbine, Model 1934, 1903 Pocket Hammerless

try an AVS 3hk rn, I used to use sniper bullets, sight upgrade, trigger, now this set up threws my avs up to the sky xD, but stock avs, avs with spring only is still pretty the same, just got little sway for sides.
Also in my opinion STG is lot better right now than avs, cause both re 4hk, STG is more stable than AVS, bigger clip and reload time imo. DP28/MT got buffed indeed, DT is little bit nerfed. But MG42 dont need to have tight grip to use on full rof wtf is that xD. All i can say new meta for SU/GE is MG+SMG, maybe SA rifles due they re all the time good, and let it stay that way.

senser64    13

This has got nothing to do with balance as it is not balanced at all.

First of all you create balance with choice of weapons (with their parameters) when you FIRST introduce them in the game not APOSTERIORI  >>> for just ONE example,  you don't introduce  MG 13 laser beam sniper precise LMG which is also super efficient for shooting from the hip in comparison to DT 29 which has aim preventing you to see  more than half of the screen + plus smoke and totally unusable from the hip, big mag being only good thing about it and at the same time you leave USA faction without anything in that zone. Such examples you had way too many in history)  .

I'm pretty sure that you will get many comments, about destroying avs and dt 29 etc and the real goal of this update which is focused on CREDITS and its consequences forcing players to use heavy modded guns since not a single gun can be used without modes (and thus, much fewer CREDITS you will get at the end of the match) and various other aspects of this update so i will concentrate on a single question where i found myself totally sunk and which may not be brought up soon enough.

That is next  >>>

What should I do with 3 000 000 credits spent on CAPTURED WEAPONS which CANNOT be MODDED and which NOW has so POOR RoF that makes them UNCOMPETITIVE vs even the starter weapons (in skirmishes  and for war are totally useless because you cannot confront almost anybody 1 on 1 unless you sneak and shoot people at their backs).

Something must be done to make such investments worthy > let us chose that one allowed mod or find whatever solution would make those weapons competitive in the game (their price was already insane but this has gone too far).

I find this very problematic outcome of this update. Other questions I will leave to other players to bring up.

Edited

GermanSoldier    3,792
1 hour ago, senser64 said:

balance as it is not balanced at all.

All of the supposed "balance" updates are mere meta changes. But people should be used to that by now

aanton1    131
1 hour ago, senser64 said:

That is next  >>>

What should I do with 3 000 000 credits spent on CAPTURED WEAPONS which CANNOT be MODDED and which NOW has so POOR RoF that makes them UNCOMPETITIVE vs even the starter weapons (in skirmishes  and for war are totally useless because you cannot confront almost anybody 1 on 1 unless you sneak and shoot people at their backs).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm opening a forum thread on this topic  as I already did but probably big number of people dont watch that subreddit

I understand you plight buddy I'm in the same position.

Al3k    2
45 minutes ago, aanton1 said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm opening a forum thread on this topic  as I already did but probably big number of people dont watch that subreddit

I understand you plight buddy I'm in the same position.

jest get an MG (DP28/MT) or PPD, PPSH, PPS for now, only reliable weapons for SU atm

aanton1    131
1 hour ago, Al3k said:

jest get an MG (DP28/MT) or PPD, PPSH, PPS for now, only reliable weapons for SU atm

dude I already have everything worth having in this game on every army it's just that I consider it to be a subpar fps playing experience for the current state of the game now. 

I really find it hard to make myself play this game that I enjoyed playing since 2 days ago.  really really sad how the clueless game devs treat experienced fps players and their time and money.

khanemir    21

The new recoil pushing for short bursts breaks the balance between various weapon types. Spent 2 days testing, couldn't log in to give my opinions on the prototype.  Now tested all GE guns again. The same problem from the prototype still plagues everything. The update makes MGs overperform in every aspect. Sure, OP Mg13 was nerfed and Mg34 (previusly useless) was buffed, that's good. BAR was also buffed, also good. But the problem is that the new system that pushes for short bursts is a huge buff to ALL MGs.

Explanation

TTK is not linear. How TTK works:

1hk weapons need 1 shot

2hk weapons need 2-3 shots (some might miss)

3hk weapons need 4-8 shots (some WILL miss)

4hk weapons need even more...

That's why Heavy set is in it's own league as far as badges go. That's why MG's always dominate the meta, they have higher damage.

The new recoil system pushes all of this to a new level.

TTK shortens more than before for high damage weapons and becomes longer for lower damage weapons.

Heavy set is now considerably better than before, because the difference between 3hk and 4 hk is significantly bigger in terms of TTK.

MGs that are 3hk against HSG like MT and M1919 got a huge boost from this.

All other MG's also did, as they're 3hk against the other players, and can become 3hk even against HSG with bullets.

Rof is a meaningless stat now compared to damage. Stg got a bit of a Rof nerf. It doesn't matter, what matters is that ALL MGs got a huge boost in accuracy for the first few bullets they shoot, and those few bullets are strong and accurate enough now to kill a player at medium ranges, the Stg would probably take 2-3 times as much. MG13 got a bigger rof nerf, but despite having stats significantly nerfed, is not weaker than before, it's stronger, but all other MGs got an even better boost, that's why it appears as nerfed.

Sure all factions are now more balanced, because MG's rule all possible encounters at all possible ranges, and all factions now have good MGs. This comes with lower pool of choosable weapons and with the badge meta becoming even more stale. All loadouts are now MG 8pts + heal 2pts (some might have 1 heal and also add a handgun), HSG+TGG.

Edited

weristderbabo1    126
On 4/28/2020 at 9:55 AM, Reto.Hades said:

Soldiers!

Update 1.18.1 is here! Weapon Rebalance, Ground-to-Air Combat Adjustments, terrain fixes and more! Don’t miss out on what is new!

Weapon Rebalancing

Working with our community we have been tweaking many weapons on our public test server. Our goal with this patch is to balance weapons better - several weapons have been performing better than intended and vice versa. Starting with this update, we are going to look into doing more balance updates to improve Heroes & Generals for the better.

We have normalized many stats of all weapons to each specific weapon group. All weapons have also seen sway reduction when standing still, while increasing when moving. Specific weapons have also seen Rate of Fire changes, both increases and decreases.

For a full list of the changes you can take a look at our Changelog!

Ground to Air Rebalancing

We have also revisited ground to air combat in update 1.18.1! The aim of these changes is to increase the fun factor of being infantry. This has been done with focus on vehicles, mostly tanks and planes.

Starting with tanks, we have adjusted the armor of most tanks, making the actual armor of the tank stronger but several medium tank destroyers now share around the same health pool as light tanks. This will also improve tank vs. tank combat - while tank destroyers pack a punch, their sturdiness is their weakness in many cases. Tanks have also seen a few adjustments to their armaments, this includes Coaxial, Turrets and Vehicle Mounted Machine Guns along High Explosive Shells.

Along the vehicle changes the planes also received quite a few substantial changes. They are more vulnerable to ground fire and damage toward ground targets have been decreased - this also means that planes do less damage to planes.

For all the specific changes you can check out our Changelog!

Terrain Fixes

We have a bunch of terrain fixes on several maps and done a few changes to improve the overall experience as a Soldier! Maps affected are Forward Airfield, Town Map, Samrée Depot and Colmar Hamlet.

Most maps have had their floating ammo, panzerfaust and medic crates grounded and vice versa for buried crates and props.

The Town Map has also received some well deserved love. The distance between the curb and the cobblestone road in the center of the town has been decreased, vehicles should no longer have trouble maneuvering.

We have also smoothed the terrain along the river on Colmar Hamlet and increased the height of the terrain under the river for easier crossing both on foot and in vehicles.

Vehicle Damage Indicator

In 1.18.1 we have introduced a vehicle base damage indicator to the UI. Knowing your strength in combat and how you should approach the enemy is critical. In the bottom middle of your screen you are now fully aware of your vehicle’s condition indicated by green/red color.

ENLIST IN THE WAR AND FIGHT FOR YOUR FACTION NOW!

Enjoy!
RETO MOTO

Changelog

CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE FULL CHANGELOG!

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2020/04/update-1-18-1-combat-rebalance/

The plane nerfs are too much after you severaly buffed the flaks. Especially recon planes can now be easily killed by even SAs.