Sign in to follow this  
Reto.Hades

Prototype test: AA-gun, UI & vehicle handling

Reto.Hades    3,433

We have uploaded a new build to the prototype server.

In this one we have combined all three features you have already experienced. 

We are working on more UI changes, but these have not yet been finished and will not make it in the upcoming build.

You can download the prototype here: 
http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com/

You can find the following changes on prototype:

- Redesigned victory progress for encounters/skirmishes
- Redesigned victory progress progression for assaults
- Improved notification when receiving 'extended playtime' (+2 minutes)
- Improved notification once 'sudden-death' has initiated (factions do not hold all victory points when timer runs out)

- Increase traverse speed on all AA guns
- Depression angle reduced on all AA guns
- Rate of fire increased on all AA guns
- Damage and Armor Damage decreased on all AA guns (DPM has increased due to the higher rate of fire)
- Increased AA-gun spread, to cover a slightly wider area
- First person view now lines up the sight correctly. right-mouse-button will zoom in (similar to mounted machine guns)
- Sights changed on all AA guns. GE and RU has a pendulum ring sight to aid in target lead. US has a new modeled reflector sight.

- Vehicle handling tweak: General gravity increase, 
- Vehicle handling tweak: Generally lower side friction
- Vehicle handling tweak: Generally lower turn angle at maximum speed
- Vehicle handling tweak: Center of mass on Kübelwagen moved forward
- Vehicle handling tweak:  Center of mass on WLA moved rearward, slight changes to world collision

Added fords to the river on Colmar Hamlet

- Removed roof capture from church (French Town)

- Reduced the capturezone of C4 to half the bridge

- Added extra AT-weapons to all objectives on T02M04 (Airfield)

known issue:

The victory progress for Capture & Hold shows 90% bar fill as 100%.

As a small bonus, I will be flying around the French town map as well as US faction so come and shoot me down!

I will be streaming this live on https://www.twitch.tv/reto_hades starting now (5 to 10 minutes after posting this) for about an hour

Xeator    743

AA vehicles do not have improved depression. Please please, fix this before it gets pushed to live. Would give reason for people to actually use these vehicles again.

As for the UI. Please add capture progression on deployment screen T6eHVsC.png

I can only see progress if I click to spawn on it, but otherwise I do not know what the situation on that point is.

guncolony.com    527

I think the ring sight isn't that practical in game since planes usually aren't flying flat and have widely varying speeds which defeats the point of the sight (IRL it would help you aim at planes that fly at a constant altitude and known speed)

The US reflex sight is a really nice addition though and it's modeled very well. I don't know whether I prefer the old sight better (the full scope view like a Tank MG) or the new one.

I think during the last test I have spawned a few Gaz Maxim's and the depression is indeed way better than before. The accuracy nerf did reduce the ability for the truck to function as a full auto sniper truck of death but now you can use it to shoot enemies and vehicles at flat ground (it's as good as a tank at taking down jeeps and APC). I think it's overall well designed as a high risk high reward vehicle that is worth an APC spawn.

Just watch out for Recon fighters getting rekt hard by AA guns

Removed roof capture from church

I think this change makes it even harder to attack O2 in a stalemate. It's way easier to access roof as attacker from O1 than defender so ultimately making attackers unable to capture from roof just makes it even easier to defend the point.

- Reduced the capturezone of C4 to half the bridge

Tank Camp 9001 incoming

and also swimming defenders got even more advantage over attackers

Edited

Xeator    743
18 minutes ago, guncolony.com said:

I think during the last test I have spawned a few Gaz Maxim's and the depression is indeed way better than before.

You sure? I just tested all AA vehicles vs base AAs and base AA can point guns into the ground while AA vehicles its only straight forward, 0 degrees.

guncolony.com    527
56 minutes ago, Xeator said:

You sure? I just tested all AA vehicles vs base AAs and base AA can point guns into the ground while AA vehicles its only straight forward, 0 degrees.

In the live server you can't even point it forward so it's a HUGE improvement

Also the German AA is super OP and melts light tanks (M2A2 2.0). While it's certainly not balanced, germans now have a counter to hellcat when soviets already had the ptrs for a while...

Edit: another feedback I have is that the AA now runs out of ammo fairly quickly. I think this is fine design for stationary AA's but I would like to see the ammo doubled for AA trucks since they can't resupply automatically unless you stay in the truck.

Edited

Xeator    743

0 degrees is just not enough when the whole gun is elevated, should be all around the same -8 degrees. If AA melts M2A2 thats good, not like light tanks should be some sort of impenetrable mobile pillbox.

If people really want to use low tier tanks they need to learn that they have weaknesses too, probably more so than heavier tanks.

VenstreDjevel    386

Oh yipee its gonna be even closer to vehicles and bots as infantry get more marginalized in favour of anyone wanting to play one handed.

4 hours ago, guncolony.com said:

Also the German AA is super OP and melts light tanks (M2A2 2.0). While it's certainly not balanced, germans now have a counter to hellcat when soviets already had the ptrs for a while...

US AA also damages tanks, not sure how much tho as I only shot at SU85 and exploded fuel or sth. Too bad there's no way to test it against planes..

guncolony.com    527
48 minutes ago, b.j.blazkovitch said:

US AA also damages tanks, not sure how much tho as I only shot at SU85 and exploded fuel or sth. Too bad there's no way to test it against planes..

soviet tanks have a fuel tank outside the tank

dat.duck    165
15 hours ago, guncolony.com said:

Edit: another feedback I have is that the AA now runs out of ammo fairly quickly. I think this is fine design for stationary AA's but I would like to see the ammo doubled for AA trucks since they can't resupply automatically unless you stay in the truck.

thats the case for all vehicles though, and the resupply isn't that long, more ammo would also improve the capabilities vs Light vehicles. I think the 3.7cm AA would have been better for GE since the overall dps is Lower.

10 hours ago, b.j.blazkovitch said:

pretty sure that the AA will do monster damage to armor of tanks, has anyone tried this vs King tigers and co?

Reto.Hades    3,433

Thank you for testing, I know it wasn't open for too long but we are getting pretty close to release and we want to start fixing issues that are still there.