Reto.Hades

UPDATED DEVELOPMENT OVERVIEW - MAR. 2020

Reto.Hades    3,433

Click here to see the Development Overview

The Development Overview board provides an overview of what projects are currently in development at RETO MOTO, so you as players of Heroes & Generals can see what we are working on.

The overview lists both the player-facing projects we are doing such as new content, features and maps. But it also shows the projects that are happening behind the scenes. Development projects you as a player may never even notice, but they are necessary to do to keep the game going.

The Development Overview is a living thing. Projects grow, transform, split into new ones or change all together as we work on them. Sometimes you might even see a project moving backwards in development if we find out something needs to be reworked.

WHAT THE DEVELOPMENT OVERVIEW SHOWS

Our current development projects are sorted into three basic sections based on where they are in our development cycle – early to final development.

This provides an indication of how far along in development a given project is.

The individual projects on the Development Overview vary in size and as such there can be a huge difference as to how long a project remains in one section or another.

The Development Overview also gives you an insight into what project we have chosen to put on hold, which are in test and projects released since the overview was last updated.

The Development Overview will be updated on a monthly basis.

Cheers,
RETO MOTO

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2020/03/

r2gy    469

Basically major update in march will be just bug fixes and RTS refactoring is....on hold??

drhoops    2,282

I understand bugfixes.

I also understand the Covid-19 pandemic is affecting Reto just like it's affecting everyone.

But why is Reto not focusing on new FPS maps?  It's seriously getting more than boring playing Town map over and over  . . . ad nauseam.

Junell    128

I wish we could get a proper roadmap with actual plans for this game. Not this overview of which of Retos whims that are currently in effect. 

Teeri    590

Well, at least "Content Creator Programme" sounds interesting. 

dadeoplanets    127

RTS refactoring being put on hold seems like a big deal... @Reto.Hades any chance you can provide a little background on what is going on there?  A lot of us are waiting on significant focus on the RTS game at long last...

Also, as drhoops pointed out, it would be nice if we can consider the existing maps "cleaned up enough" and re-prioritize new map(s).

Kyrie626    178

Sad over refactor going on hold. But perhaps its a status update that was overdue... I hope it works out.

Zoaron    683

Yup, sad that the RTS refactoring is put back on hold again.

This has been in development since 2016, very sad that after 4 years it still hasn't been released.

(I'd like to paste the link to the post Reto.Circinus made on April 13, 2016, but the forum access on my PC is still bugged and also this has not been adjusted yet, after weeks)

VietnamVet    108

You have got to be joking. After ALL THIS TIME OF WAITING, the RTS refactoring is now put on hold without a single word as to why?

Reto, you do realize that the RTS is pretty much the only reason a lot of us veterans are still playing your game at this point, right? The RTS is one of, if not the most important requested feature for you to update according to your playerbase, we've been asking and waiting for years now but nope, apparently we're gonna be waiting for those illusive RTS updates forever. Seriously, come on guys this is just ridiculous.

I guess that explains why you're suddenly eager to plan more war capital start changes though... keep giving us the illusion that the RTS is changing when really its not, since you apparently still refuse to make huge neccesary changes such as allying/merging the US and SU factions which is needed quite simply for the RTS game's own survival more than anything else at this point but you won't because it takes too long to code?! *sigh* Just making capital changes will only get you so far when we've been begging for huge changes to the entire system for years to breathe some proper life back into the RTS side of the game and you just went and crushed it.

Funnily enough, literally everything us veterans actually asked for to make this game better is on hold now. RTS refactoring. Squad linking. A Clan system (not that there's any of them left lmao). NEW ASSAULT MAPS!

I'll give you a pass if it's due to the coronavirus. Otherwise your infamous Reto.Logic is becoming insanely hard to swallow...

PrivateMarkosL    377
42 minutes ago, RussianSniper01 said:

I dont see the part that says weapon balance, where is the weapon balance?

SoonTM along with other things.Reto said bug fixes first and then new toys and balance

Nurthis    27

No worry guys, you will get some fancy baseball bat or another useless thing to play with on old maps. Really though, RTS refactor is long overdue, Faces are in development since when, 2018? If that's not an ideal example of being lackadaisical I don't know what is. I do realise coronavirus might have an impact but as far as I can see at this moment it's just reto being "itself".

EDIT: Clarification below from hades.

Edited
update

PrivateMarkosL    377
2 minutes ago, Nurthis said:

No worry guys, you will get some fancy baseball bat or another useless thing to play with on old maps. Really though, RTS refactor is long overdue, Faces are in development since when, 2018? If that's not an ideal example of being lackadaisical I don't know what is. I do realise coronavirus might have an impact but as far as I can see at this moment it's just reto being "itself".

They had them on hold they were done but it seems they want to work on some things before they put them

For example the old title of new faces was

New faces for soldiers/DONE and now they removed the /DONE

About RTS i don't know why they moved it to hold i suspect it's because developers aren't allowed to work due to Bio weap-I MEAN coronavirus and Hades since he is the Community manager is relaxing at his home but still has to see the forums and discord

Edited

xCobi04    29

Faces for soldiers are moved IN DEVELOPMENT??? All right, brothers, let's have a beer!

Edited

Reto.Hades    3,433

The person who has been working on the RTS refactoring is on maternity leave. Which in Denmark is about 3 months I believe. Not sure exactly (Quite different from the 3 days you get in the Netherlands).

He's also the person who does most the work on the matchmaker. So we won't be able to make any changes there during that time period either.

I believe he's already been away for about a month now.

Zoaron    683
11 hours ago, PrivateMarkosL said:

About RTS i don't know why they moved it to hold i suspect it's because developers aren't allowed to work due to Bio weap-I MEAN coronavirus and Hades since he is the Community manager is relaxing at his home but still has to see the forums and discord

You know what? The beauty of working with software is that you can do it also from remote, from your home!

I'm working from home since 2 weeks now, using a VPN connection, it is as if you are working in the office and meetings we do using Skype, it works like a charm!

I have also colleagues that while they are at home, I'll, they are still available to go further with the work as they have passion for their job.

Sorry but I'm really astonished that whatever, even minor fixes, takes always extremely long time to be implemented in game (and I'm not even talking about new maps that are also overdue for years now)

Edited

weristderbabo1    126

"Content creator program" ?

Is it meant as people creating stuff for you, or just advertisement trough some youtuber?

Edited

Juggernaut9631    811
5 hours ago, Zoaron said:

You know what? The beauty of working with software is that you can do it also from remote, from your home!

stfu let the man be with his child when your loved is on their death bed id love to see you keep working as if nothing is going on not exactly same thing but close enough