Reto.Hades

Update 1.17.2 - Hero Controls Update

Reto.Hades    3,433

Soldiers!

Hero Controls have seen a big change in 1.17.2 along with Directional Sound Tweaks!

With our focus on current issues and feedback we have made changes the Hero Controls, tweaked our sound system and more for an overall better experience!

Hero Controls Changes

Sprinting

• You are now able to sprint indefinitely. When sprinting you will gain fatigue at a constant rate, depending on your weapon’s type the sway will be bigger.

Fatigue has a limit no matter how long you sprint. Fatigue will penalize your sway until you have regained your fatigue (shown as a red reticle to the right of the fatigue bar)

The general rule of thumb is the heavier a weapon is the more sway you get. This list is sorted from heaviest weapon type to lightest:

• Anti-Tank Rifles and Light Machine Guns
    • Anti-Tank Weapons (Excluding Anti-Tank Rifles)
    • Semi-Automatic Rifles and Bolt Action Rifles
    • Carabines
    • Handgrenades
    • Submachine Guns
    • Handguns

To accommodate these changes we have updated two badges:

• First Blood Badge will now increase your fatigue recover by 100%
    • Marathon Man Badge will now increase your fatigue recover by 300%

Other Hero Controls Changes

• Crouch movement has changed. When crouched you will now run at a much higher speed
  • Going prone speed has been increased
  • Prone movement speed has been increased by 30%
  • Increased speed of bikes when pressing the sprint button
  • Running movement speed has been decreased slightly to accommodate infinite sprint
  • New breathing sound when fatigued

Audio Tweaks

Since we switched sound engine directional sound has suffered. In Update 1.17.2 we have tweaked the directional sounds which greatly improves the perceived direction of sounds, especially gun sounds.

New House Variants

We have added new house variants to replace some of the old models. These new houses looks better and gives better performance.

Improved Impact Decals

• Steel impacts now have different decals depending on if the shot penetrated, is blocked or ricocheted.
  • HE shots from tanks will leave a different mark
  • Tank Guns will leave new decals on different material
  • The new decals have a parallax effect which gives a subtle illusion of depth

SPRINT TO THE BATTLEFIELD AND FIGHT FOR YOUR FACTION NOW!

Enjoy!
RETO MOTO

Changelog

CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE FULL CHANGELOG!

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2020/02/

good stuff, Does the Johnson have the same sway as a MG42 or M1919?

Why did you not rebalance the lmgs with this update? its obviously unbalanced and now the 1919 has even more sway

4 minutes ago, Thisbirdisonfiya said:

good stuff, Does the Johnson have the same sway as a MG42 or M1919?

Hope so, otherwise would be too op

7 minutes ago, Thisbirdisonfiya said:

Why did you not rebalance the lmgs with this update? its obviously unbalanced and now the 1919 has even more sway

Going strong with my new year resolve not to buy any more gold till they fix this shirt

geschlittert    1,789
36 minutes ago, Reto.Hades said:

Since we switched sound engine directional sound has suffered. In Update 1.17.2 we have tweaked the directional sounds which greatly improves the perceived direction of sounds, especially gun sounds.

Lets see how that works out

dat.duck    165
3 minutes ago, b.j.blazkovitch said:

still can't hear cars that are behind

well that wasn't what they were adressing was it? 

I mean it pisses me off every time as well but if it's not in the changelog why do you expect a change

4 minutes ago, dat.duck said:

I mean it pisses me off every time as well but if it's not in the changelog why do you expect a change

Idk, since change log says they tweaked the directional sound then maybe fixed the most annoying thing about it?

r2gy    469

I hope they didn't stop that cool war to release this update.

Lobo[PT]    557

Yet another good “update”overall, besides the players moving like crazy, but that could be fix soon.. Keep them coming. 

Edited

drhoops    2,282
2 hours ago, dat.duck said:

3 hours ago, Reto.Hades said:

I believe Hades said ESPECIALLY gun sounds, not EXCLUSIVELY gun sounds.  Getting run over by a vehicle when you didn't hear it until 10 milliseconds before it hits you is far more annoying than being off a few degrees on a gun location.

drhoops    2,282

I do like the new stamina effects.  When you don't have transport, it's nice to be able to run and run and run and not have to stop.

It does make it easier to avoid tanks spinning around and blasting you since you don't have to stop running due to stamina.

VenstreDjevel    386

So with all the changes to AT rifles did they get their range boosted to something beyond the tip of the muzzle brake?

Tumult_inc    348

Mentioned it on prototype, and since it's still in there:

Can we get rid of the wobble after we stop moving. The hero makes an extra movement after we let go.

drhoops    2,282

Maybe it's just the bad ping I get, but it seems that after this update, the movement of the toons is very rubber-band like.  They pop back and forth.  This has been since the update (ping was mostly bad before the update).

mambooman    190
6 hours ago, geschlittert said:

Again map fixes without colmar hamlet river fix :( RETO PLEASE

You don't understand...they used the new sprint feature to run away from fixing the most meaningful things that they should have fixed...

4 hours ago, drhoops said:

I believe Hades said ESPECIALLY gun sounds, not EXCLUSIVELY gun sounds.  Getting run over by a vehicle when you didn't hear it until 10 milliseconds before it hits you is far more annoying than being off a few degrees on a gun location.

Or blown up by silent grenades that never made a sound as they land by you, or bombed/strafed by planes that you never heard.  The entire sound system is a joke.