Reto.Hades

Prototype test: Hero control tweaks

Reto.Hades    3,433

We have opened the prototype server so you can try out some new hero control tweaks.

You can download the prototype here: 

http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com/

The changelog for prototype is as followed:

• Sprint has been changed: you can now sprint as far as you like
  • Fatigue is gained at a constant rate regardless of items
  • Marathon man badge changes into - faster fatigue recovery instead of being able to sprint longer (controllers.givecb1 110-112)
  • The effect of being fatigued is the gun moving up and down
  • decreased run speed (because inf sprint)
  • Added new breathing sound
  • The Fatigue bar fills up the more you sprint and the aim gets affected visualised by the red icon thingy
  • The fatigue bar disappears when you have regained your strength and it reappears after a little while when you start sprinting again.
  • Speeded up time to prone from standing
  • Looking around now affects sway
  • Better blending on sway
  • Running while crouched is now faster (blend still needs to be added)
  • tumble speed set to 10 m/s
  • increased prone speed by 30%
  • Angle of the grenade has been changes, so you no longer have to aim upwards so much

22 hours ago, Reto.Hades said:

We have opened the prototype server so you can try out some new hero control tweaks.

You can download the prototype here: 

http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com/

The changelog for prototype is as followed:

• Sprint has been changed: you can now sprint as far as you like
  • Fatigue is gained at a constant rate regardless of items
  • Marathon man badge changes into - faster fatigue recovery instead of being able to sprint longer (controllers.givecb1 110-112)
  • The effect of being fatigued is the gun moving up and down
  • decreased run speed (because inf sprint)
  • Added new breathing sound
  • The Fatigue bar fills up the more you sprint and the aim gets affected visualised by the red icon thingy
  • The fatigue bar disappears when you have regained your strength and it reappears after a little while when you start sprinting again. Please see MP4 below.
  • Speeded up time to prone from standing
  • Looking around now affects sway
  • Better blending on sway
  • Running while crouched is now faster (blend still needs to be added)
  • tumble speed set to 10 m/s
  • increased prone speed by 30%

The only thing players ever wanted was infinite sprint everything else is just a hindrance.... Sway when looking, fatigue, decreased run speed. Devs People want weapon balance, none of this nonsense.

Edited

guncolony.com    527

1. Infinite sprint is excellent!

2. Another nerf to SMGs and buff to AT Rambos. I don't think I support this. SMGs should honestly be 5 equipment points if this change goes live, otherwise there would be no reason to use it over an assault rifle (even for US). It does clear up some inconsistencies though, such as bringing 2 stacks of AT grenades penalizing your sprint more than bring one stack and using dynamite lover.

3. The new marathon man seems much weaker, I prefer the old design by far. With the new design I would always use heavy set instead of marathon man

4. Honestly the old system had enough penalty for fatigue, no need to change the player's sway into AT rifle sway after they run out of stamina... I think the sway penalty should be about half of what it is right now. Currently there's no way you hit anything past 2 meters after sprinting.

5. Ok for the sake of balance, but I hope it is not a huge decrease above 10%

6. Fatigue UI is a nice touch, but I wouldn't mind if it stayed shown all the time due to the fact that you are usually sprinting a lot in any H&G match

7. Faster prone is good for general responsiveness and to buff some heavy LMGs that needed buffs like the MG34 and MT and to some extent the M1919, but watch out for DT29 and MG42 becoming too powerful after this change

8. Faster running on crouch is much needed, bravo

9. Prone speed is another another buff to LMG.. is this too much?

10. Normal sway on weapons is broken (weapons have no sway unless you have no stamina), but I don't think this is intended behavior anyways

Overall positive and i would prefer the new system more than before, but there are some negative balance ramifications to this update that I hope can be addressed before the patch goes live. The game is overall on a good path now that they are actually working on modernizing basic gunplay and movement mechanics, I just hope that weapon balance can be addressed sooner or later.

Edited

guncolony.com    527
5 minutes ago, Desphear said:

What's up with shooting? W/o fatigue there's no sway/conefire — only recoil. Sights are steady, hipfire is accurate

Probably a bug. The sway from no stamina is wayyyyy too high though.

Tumult_inc    348
1 hour ago, Reto.Hades said:

Looking around now affects sway

Didn't it always?

It certainly always expanded the cone.

sayukta    111

overall game is moving in positive direction  but we asked for weapon balance..

these things just  provide bonus to existing game...
balancing  weapon is what should be prioritized.

guncolony.com    527
3 minutes ago, Khadmon said:

Are bikes faster than running? 

probably only on roads now, and there's always the fact that it doesn't make you have sway

Xeator    743

Sway, sprint, crouch and prone speed. Wow! Awesome changes. Makes the game feel a lot more dynamic.

sayukta    111

finally carbine has no fuc*ing sway
love it

Edited

Lobo[PT]    557
2 minutes ago, sayukta said:

finally carbine has no fuc*ing sway
love it

Have to test this 

bartalamey1    334

simulator of running is evolving. now randoms without an apc will have penalty at accuracy. hm...

aaaaaand a guy with machinegun now can sprint as long as a guy with pistol? hm again... may be you are going to add different movement speed for them?