Reto.Hades

UPDATED DEVELOPMENT OVERVIEW - JAN. 2020

Lobo[PT]    557

In for that soldier faces! Finnaly x)

didnt know about my.games store :o 

Edited

Jonas010    855

@Reto.Hades

Skilled MM should have from my View an on/off Button.

I like to play against better Players to maybe gid gud someday. 😀

Playing against people on same lvl or lower can be boring.

Mastah    1,138

Early development:

• Basically nothing except MM thingy. Let's hope next step is giving us back a list that shows all active battles which you can join instantly.

In development:

• New soldier faces:
    Nice gimmick but not really necessary. Rather nice to have.
  • Feedback bug fixes (terrain e.a.):
    Rather seen some decent rework of all the current maps but guess not spawning on rocks or get stuck in numerous ditches will have to do and is the most we can expect.
  • Community based feedback tweaks:
    Nothing here? This should be the most important subject and contain a long list with issues that have been plaguing the game for years now? (*cough* spawn 2.0.) 
  • Dynamic Staged battles. 
    Really needed? Doesn't ring a bell here. Especially with annoying bots in staged, it's a place to avoid now (in that aspect, good job for getting more players to war)...

Final development:

• Graphic assets rework:
    New houses. Cool I guess. How about those good old props such as flags and banners? Electricity poles? Things like that, that make the maps come more alive. 

In test:

• Tweaks for iron sight:
    Going to sound harsh here but nothing has really been 'tweaked'. If you want to do it right, go back to iron sight zoom. ADS still looks silly and completely off. Players still have to choose between two bad options; useless scopes or useless sights :( 
  • Adam Cone Fire rework:
    Not yet tested. Can't be worse than current RNG so I'd expect some improvements there.
  • Some UI changes:
    UI can't get any worse so meh. Swapping some tiles don't make it better / more intuitive. 
    Wished to see, for example, the possibility to swap your last selected character when watching the Generals tab instead of having to switch back to Heroes tab again. Now that would be an improvement....
  • Tweaking plane landing speed:
    Can't see shirt whats happening on the ground with bad visuals so barely ever fly. No comment on this one.

Well that's it. GG and HF.

Time to take another break; nothing to see here ;)

Lobo[PT]    557
3 minutes ago, Mastah said:

• Tweaking plane landing speed:
    Can't see shirt whats happening on the ground with bad visuals so barely ever fly. No comment on this one.

a player on proto found that was possible to land without deploying the landgear. on the correct angle/speed

drhoops    2,271
15 minutes ago, Mastah said:

Tweaking plane landing speed:

It just allows you to fly slower before you land and hit a rock and explode.

54 minutes ago, Reto.Hades said:

January Update for our Development Overview is up!

What's wrong with this picture (which is on the trello page):

image.png

Yeah, you have the tanker armed with a BA rifle and infantry vehicles and the infantryman has the SMG and tanks.  LOL

bartalamey1    334
8 minutes ago, drhoops said:

What's wrong with this picture (which is on the trello page):

nothing wrong. it is mockup. the picture showing where elements should be placed. it is not means that tankman will be able to spawn an APC or something like that.

Edited

drhoops    2,271

Things I'm excited about:

Adams conefire rework

Terrain fixes . . . assuming it's not like the ditch for rock "fix".

Graphic assets rework.  New buildings will be nice.

Community based feedback tweeks . . . well, could be good, depending on what they do.  Rather vague.

Skill based matchmaking will be good for noobs.

And I also want:

Assault Fortress Map

New Factory assault map

Squad linking

Clan system

5 minutes ago, bartalamey1 said:

nothing wrong. it is mockup. the picture showing where elements should be placed. it is not means that tankman will be able to spawn an APC or something like that.

Yes I know.  But they could have at least put the pictures in the right place.

Lobo[PT]    557
8 minutes ago, drhoops said:

it was there on december dev overview . its just a mockup

pumbaafight    334

new face for soldiers = new contents ! :D 

Bye Bye clones and welcome diversities. Just see only 3 differents faces it's already good. i would like to know how many new faces available ! 😛 

Can we have some informations for the futur ? i want to say with this question that TRELLO become more and more empty. After that what is your ideas ? :) 

Champi0n    433

This game doesn't have enough players to house a Skill-based matchmaking system, I would consider it twice before putting it in the game.

Just recently played another game that has Skill-based MM in its competitive playlist and it has over 10 times the player base of HnG and it still struggles to find battles for the top 10-15% players.

I know we really wanted a skill-based mm but that's just gonna make the game unplayable for veteran (better) players trying to find a battle.

Lobo[PT]    557
1 minute ago, Champi0n said:

This game doesn't have enough players to house a Skill-based matchmaking system, I would consider it twice before putting it in the game.

Just recently played another game that has Skill-based MM in its competitive playlist and it has over 10 times the player base of HnG and it still struggles to find battles for the top 10-15% players.

I know we really wanted a skill-based mm but that's just gonna make the game unplayable for veteran (better) players trying to find a battle.

had the same problem on blacksquad, once my team got on last matchmaking level we always on advantage against others... and long long waiting times. to a point the game was no more fun for us.

mambooman    190
2 hours ago, PrivateMarkosL said:

Assault map,Silenced Smgs(Still on hold) and captured vehicles on hold? Noooo

Captured vehicles on hold is the best news in the Development Overview.  They are totally unnecessary.

Vudu_guy    1,545
49 minutes ago, mambooman said:

Captured vehicles on hold is the best news in the Development Overview.  They are totally unnecessary.

As buyable for other factions yes, but will be nice to have those new skins when you "steal" one vehicle in the battle, so no more confusion if an apc was already stolen for example.

zaerius    1,770
3 hours ago, Mastah said:

Dynamic Staged battles. 
Really needed? Doesn't ring a bell here. Especially with annoying bots in staged, it's a place to avoid now (in that aspect, good job for getting more players to war)...

I was suggesting this a long time ago, and IMO its a much needed middle step between staged and war. Players could get used to and learn how to react when a new line opens up with new resources. Another benefit is that currently many staged battles loose one attacker line before the match gets filled up. Having a single line when the battle starts with 8vs8 will prevent the attackers loosing half of their resources in the first 5 mins of the game.

1 hour ago, Champi0n said:

I agree, and if they set up the conditions way too strictly, the waiting times will become unbearable for many players. I had a different take on how the skill based MM could be done differently, without affecting waiting times.

Most promising overview in a while. Keep it up! I am really interested is these iron sight reworks and the conefire rework.

bartalamey1    334
4 hours ago, drhoops said:

placing guns to right soldiers isn't job of visual designer. he can fill the places with random pictures or with random text (wide known "Lorem Ipsum" for example). so no, my friend, not this time, it's empty claim, really empty.

drhoops    2,271
1 hour ago, bartalamey1 said:

placing guns to right soldiers isn't job of visual designer. he can fill the places with random pictures or with random text (wide known "Lorem Ipsum" for example). so no, my friend, not this time, it's empty claim, really empty. 

Oh please.  It's not like the UI designer doesn't know how the game is played.  I still think it's silly they didn't bother to make it look right.