Reto.Hades

Prototype test: weapon sway

Reto.Hades    3,433

Prototype is open!

We would like your feedback on:

New weapon sway/shot pattern model:
As of right now, there are no unique shot patterns for individual weapons - all are the same to get feedback from the community before we take this model any further.

• Weapon sway has been tightened. 
  • When the trigger is pulled the shots will enter a new set pattern, that pattern is the same each time the trigger is pulled.

Tweaked air brakes to ease landing with aircraft:

• Air brakes are now more efficient 
  • Landing gear will deploy at a higher altitude as a result of using the air brakes. 

Deployed landing gear will not affect the performance of the planes.

http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com/

Leave your feedback in #prototype-feedback on discord or in the pinned forum thread

Lobo[PT]    557

will do for sure|!

reserved for feedback:

did test with full moded stg (lol) , feels good with scope.. even tho i srsly hate such a small scope reticle :/ srsly need bigger post vision like befor but at same magnification as now.

ptrs lol cant tell
mg13 sometimes a litle more spray upwards but overall the same
bar i belive was from schilli, even tho was unmoded it feel nice to shot with. was a precise gun to play even tho is still slow as hell.
jhonson from hades didnt know the mods did felt good, the sight is srsly hard, needs a touch here.
ppsh feels more precise , less spray around, aiming on sights its a lazer on cqb. strong low recoil noticed on sights.
mg42 did feel good with only heavybolt, a moded one without bipods still a mess to shot on shoulder and bipod did had a strange sway/recoil
SA rifles prety much the same.

if its a way to remove the "always headshot" and RNG rages from the community sure, go ahead!

overall its prety much the same... donno if its placebo talking but overall was the same experience as right now... i did notice some random bullets go no where the reticle on my first STG clips when i started the match and shot walls and such, but overall i had less fps/more ping than usuall, could be it.
Finnaly:

Spoiler

ddfdfewf.png

Edited

zaerius    1,770

After testing it out a bit, the cone fire changes are nice, but everything depends on how reto will handle the unique recoil patterns. If they keep the current system where basically the sway pattern is used as the recoil/spread pattern. This system is very limiting on what can be done to make it more skill based instead of spraying and praying. The recoil pattern should be precise, easily predictable and controllable for the first couple of bullets depending on the weapon and the mods, and after that it should get harder to control and predict. A good gunplay should always motivate players to use less bullets in order to be more effective, using burst fire and tapping like CSGO, where you get heavily penalized if you holding onto your trigger, while if you have good trigger control you are rewarded by always having an accurate gun.

I made this a long time ago, but it still holds

dRf5YhK.png

In the current system the recoil is purely vertical, or in some cases like the FG42 slightly diagonal, and the sway pattern is used to spread the bullets around the axis of the recoil.

How it should be is that the recoil moves in a line pattern inside the cone of fire. With each shot the cone should get slightly bigger and bigger, and after X bullets fired it should start to expand exponentially with each shot fired. The recoil should then start to move side to side and move the player's aim off the target. This is the proper way to penalize and discourage spraying instead of putting ridiculous amount of smoke on it that obscures the vision. As it is currently you can just pull down your mouse and let the spread do the work, you cant improve your efficiency by skill, spraying is always the fastest way to kill.

Edited

Kickassinator    113
1 hour ago, Reto.Hades said:

When the trigger is pulled the shots will enter a new set pattern, that pattern is the same each time the trigger is pulled.

A few questions:

Does this mean the weapon will follow a set pattern for the duration the trigger is pulled. Once the trigger is released and pulled again a new set pattern will be active?

Will semi-autos have a set pattern?

Is the end goal to have unique shot patterns for each gun?

If shot patterns are going to be the same, wont this make things easier for the macro users?

Thanks

-Ger-Schilli    891

Played one round with most the US guns, without any badges. Weapon mod wise I used modded and unmodded guns and to make it short I enjoyed the gameplay.

Not a single time I raged because of an unreasonable headshot. All headshots death felt legit and a look on the scoreboard confirmed that feeling. Less headshot kills for all players the ratio was around 1 headshot every five kills at least for me.

I used the unmodded LMGs on US Side it felt, that there was a little bit more recoil, but that could be just me as I haven't played a lot of LMGs in this game. However they worked smooth the bipod.

So far good job. Will spend some more time on proto.

PrivateMarkosL    377

I recommend it it's good,especially for the PPSH41 and LMGs but let's see what the final product will be.Let's eliminate random headshots.

Edited

-Ger-Schilli    891
2 minutes ago, Kickassinator said:

A few questions:

Does this mean the weapon will follow a set pattern for the duration the trigger is pulled. Once the trigger is released and pulled again a new set pattern will be active?

Will semi-autos have a set pattern?

Is the end goal to have unique shot patterns for each gun?

If shot patterns are going to be the same, wont this make things easier for the macro users?

Thanks

SA Rifles felt accurate as they are now, maybe a bit more accurate from the hip.

I've been playing around with a lot of different weapons and I must say that I really like this new system for most of the guns. Especially the PPSh and MT feel a lot nicer now. BA rifles also felt a lot nicer to use. The only weapons that still felt bad to me were the MG42 and M2 carbine, they still feel very unpredictable and random because they now have a lot of horizontal recoil which is almost uncontrollable with their high ROF. Random headshots also seemed less of a problem on the prototype build. The only headshots that still felt undeserved were the ones I got with weapons with high recoil and bad sights like the Johnson (I couldn't even see what I was shooting at). These last 2 issues should change when the M2 and LMGs get reworked though.

One minor thing I also noticed (especially on Hades' stream) was that weapons still bounce all over the place when you hipfire them. Even though it might not have that much of an effect on where the bullets land it looks kinda silly and unrealistic. And I was also wondering what the cause of it is?

As for the plane changes I haven't really had the time to try them out yet but they do sound nice.

Overall a huge improvement over what we currently have. I also heard on the stream that RTS resource queues are being looked into for the next build which is also greatly appreciated. Really looking forward to these changes! :)

Edited

Lobo[PT]    557

^agree. mg42 did feel strange as hell. only usable with heavybolt :/

strange recoil pathern. even on bipods

Zoaron    683

Well, its looking promising!

@reto.hades, please note that the soldiers sequence at the main screen keeps changing (as it also does on the live servers) is there any chance to get this fixed?

Jonas010    855
2 hours ago, Lobo[PT] said:

ppsh feels more precise , less spray around, aiming on sights its a lazer on cqb. strong low recoil noticed on sights.

Finally good News. 😎

Just need to unlock it from my SU Depot now with a new Soldier.

Edited

On stream it was also mentioned that a lot of the weapon sights are being reworked for better visibility. Most of the times (for me at least) the sights are only half the problem when it comes to bad visibility though. What really hinders me (even on weapons with better sights) are the weapon smoke and blood splatters all over my screen that are blocking my view. Is that something that can be looked at in the future as well @Reto.Hades?

Edited

Lobo[PT]    557
8 minutes ago, NinjaDutchman00 said:

On stream it was also mentioned that a lot of the weapon sights are being reworked for better visibility. Most of the times (for me at least) the sights are only half the problem when it comes to bad visibility though. What really hinders me (even on weapons with better sights) are the weapon smoke and blood splatters all over my screen that are blocking my view. Is that something that can be looked at in the future as well @Reto.Hades?

jhonson as one of them. on sights i cant see nothing at all after a shot lol

shumpu123    125

My first thoughts:

It feels a LOT better than before. I love how on the M2 I can actually hit at longer distances now, even at max RPM, and the M2 certainly feels a lot better as does the BAR.

The M2 certainly feels a lot of love from this update since it's much more controllable now. I also really like how the standing sway is pretty minimal.

The Thompson feels delightful to use as well since it can actually hit at farther ranges it seems like. All in all I like the new weapon handling, the guns feel really nice.

It's a big step in the right direction in my view, good work so far Reto. I do feel that the standing sway on the SMGs can be toned down some more, it should be more like the M2 where there's practically no sway on them. I haven't tried the SA and BA yet though but the sway on that should be pretty minimal as well.

However, that being said, I still don't like the random horizontal recoil, and as people have mentioned, it's not very nice on high RPM guns like m2, MG42, and PPSh.

I think the horizontal recoil shouldn't be random and should be made weapon specific like CSGO spray patterns. The gun should only shoot where you point it after all, not randomly left or randomly right. A step in the right direction nonetheless

Edited

Deuce443    88

I'm not participating in the prototype test and I'll reserve judgement for if/when it gets polished up and released live, but I am concerned that aimbots are going to get out of control if recoil patterns are standardized.  I'm also not a big fan of counterstrike to begin with and I am a little concerned that adding in counterstrike recoil patterns will just drive players to play counterstrike instead of H&G.

Lobo[PT]    557
31 minutes ago, Deuce443 said:

I'm not participating in the prototype test and I'll reserve judgement for if/when it gets polished up and released live, but I am concerned that aimbots are going to get out of control if recoil patterns are standardized.  I'm also not a big fan of counterstrike to begin with and I am a little concerned that adding in counterstrike recoil patterns will just drive players to play counterstrike instead of H&G.

i m not sure if you deserve an answer at this point...