Sign in to follow this  
liverare

Town map needs adjusting

liverare    161

The E line on Town is too exposed.

• GE defending (foot infantry/jeeps/bikes/recon/recon cars/etc.)
  • SU on E line (infantry/jeeps/bikes/some APCs to begin with)

It was obvious we weren't going to capture E4 because couldn't even get to the river without sustaining heavy losses. Enemy snipers were spawn camping from the bales up the hill from D4, rushing to E2 and spawn camping from there. There were recon cars, mines and zookas, and what have you making damn sure nobody was crossing the river. Compound that with very frequent raids from enemy infantry, it was a nightmare.

I stopped playing to win and instead went and harassed the enemy. They were going to win anyways, so things just got arcade-ish for me.

The major problem is the E line is too heavily exposed to the D line. If we needed giant boulders and hedges anywhere, it's to provide E line with some actual cover, because there's far too much open ground.

I think the choke points are fine, it's just a case of whether we are even alive long enough to arrive at them.

I think a better solution that requires no map changes would be to make it so the defending team cannot spawn on assault lines they completely own. That would add a bit more breathing room for the map, as this problem exists with B & C line too.

Edited

iNuBe    18

I would rather have more cover for that attack area as well attacking as ge is also a nightmare unless u got armor support to clear these hills and teams that blitzcriege fast assaulting that line is next to impossible 

Concerning no spawning on owned lanes i dont like that idea at all

Generals worked hard to get them for us heroes and we should be able to use them

Akinaba    462
On 1/20/2020 at 4:12 PM, liverare said:

I think a better solution that requires no map changes would be to make it so the defending team cannot spawn on assault lines they completely own. That would add a bit more breathing room for the map, as this problem exists with B & C line too.

The E+D line is a deadly combo. If attackers not sure to have both lines assaulted simultaniously the battle is most likely will be lost (unless the defenders team is not good enough). Same rule almost applies to B+C line combo. (Almost, because those lines interference is slightly less because of more line outstraching yet still)...

The D-line flaking is one problem the river crossing is another case. I agree that more cover on both E2 and E4 open spaces could be interesting. Especially at the river crossing. But another way to try to solve the flanking problem could be some pathway separators and chokepoints between the interfering lines. For example those could be dry streambeds going from the hills down to the river. Those could be crossed in some ways with roads or bridges and this will make those flanking routes much more heavy and unsuitable for rushers. This also applies to the B+C interference situation.

Sign in to follow this