Lobo[PT]

so, how long srsly is needed for a new map?

Lobo[PT]    557

looking at last update, that to be honest i did enjoy and apreciate the terrain fixes, most maps did get terrain rework/fixes and airfield map is prety much a new map and that in 2/3 months after redbjarne states that map reworks on airfield had started..got me thinking,.. if airfield map rework did took 2/3 months to be done,(its prety much a newmap on old layout) and updating another maps/new prop (house) on colmat one at same time,, does asking for more assault maps (unique) be so hard to deliver? that fortress map is already on development for more than a year now...
last "unique" assault map was foward airfield. and that was in 2015..

most maps have be changed right now, i do enjoy the terrain diferences in most maps i did play after this update. and finnaly airfield is way more playable, and not just a open field with some hangars here and there.

. i dont care if we have some floating props here and there that can be updated later,  but deliver more maps will ya? like 1 every 6 months or so.... but do them even with same french setups...

i cant understand, that for a game with ww2 in it, a beach landing map isnt even in the game...

is this so impossible to do?
EG19KpFXYAIhcpG.jpg

Edited

xCobi04    29

First of all,all the maps need to be repaired. A little bit of the cruelty of the war needs to be added to those maps,they look like we're fighting in some rich places. Under these,of corse the reto companies are not asked to invent something out of ordinary,but to apply something they alredy own. Example:

Look at this city map,does this look like a city that has experienced the effects of war? NO!

Резултат слика за Heroes and Generals Town map  Let's compare these the two pictures?

Сродна слика

Reto has conditions,but he doesn't want to try to activate the effect of a real fight on the players,nor does he listen to the players.They alredy have a half-ready map,whic they rejected,whic is better then any current one.We don't want a maps that look similar,we want something difrent,example can be the old city river map.

HnG_CityLevelA_MockUpSS_12.jpg

HnG_CityLevelA_MockUpSS_11.jpg

Of course we are wrong about what we write here and discuss,because they don't care about anything.They add some tottaly irrelevent things and do not grasp the essence of this game's problems.

Edited

pumbaafight    336

that would be interesting to make one map with two differents situations. the first is the map which is clean (like in the game) and the second is the same map but destroyed because of the war. 

like that in war mode we can fight in a map (example: Paris) and when the loser want to go again to capture the town the map is destroyed because of the last battle. 

Vudu_guy    1,545
7 minutes ago, pumbaafight said:

that would be interesting to make one map with two differents situations. the first is the map which is clean (like in the game) and the second is the same map but destroyed because of the war. 

like that in war mode we can fight in a map (example: Paris) and when the loser want to go again to capture the town the map is destroyed because of the last battle. 

i really like that idea, if its possible to create game code that do an asset swap  after a battle has been fough so the next one its destroyed, then after a sucesfully defense the city returns to the intact state, will add a lot of variety to the current maps with relatively easy vs making a totally different version with stuff destroyed, i mean this system can also be expanded to a more refined version that replace more and more assets after many battle so there is a "maximum destroyed" state after lets say 4 battles? @Reto.Christiano look at this idea.

Khadmon    564

you know now bots are added it will take even longer for maps as RETO will need to have the bots working on them before they are ready :(

Edited

stones77    215
On 1/6/2020 at 10:13 PM, Khadmon said:

you know now bots are added it will take even longer for maps as RETO will need to have the bots working on them before they are ready :(

Bots are in staged only. And if bots behave strange in staged, so will it be. It can be fixed later.

Just give new maps pls! We fought the old maps over and over and over and over and even if they get a bottle of rum and just throw random assets into a plain landscape for six hours straight, we would love that new map because it is something new, no matter the quality.

Neznan    1,709

Can we stop talking about new maps please. Unless new maps are not part of a paid DLC, why RETO would even create it? 

Lobo[PT]    557

but just the fact that airfield is a totaly new map on same base (more or less) and was done in couple of months since RB anouce it on a twitch session, making a new one using a current map as starter is too much to ask?

even tank vs tank map could be used as a assault map or a skirmish...

robotpilot    51
On 1/13/2020 at 11:49 AM, Neznan said:

Can we stop talking about new maps please. Unless new maps are not part of a paid DLC, why RETO would even create it? 

I think we are so desperate to get a decent few eastern front and Africa or Italy maps that most of us would actually even buy that.