Reto.Hades

Update 1.16.2 - Captured Weapons and More!

Reto.Hades    3,433

Soldiers!

You just defeated the enemy and see a weapon you like… Take it, use it and eventually unlock it for you to use!

Waging war is a resource heavy endeavor and let’s face it, using the enemy's weapon against them would be the ultimate chance to get back at them. Why not free up some resources and just steal what your faction does not supply!

Captured Weapons

Soldiers are now able to capture enemy weapons, just pick up the enemy’s weapon and shoot away. When you have used an enemy's weapon for long enough you will unlock the ability to purchase it for yourself!

• The first time you pick up an enemy’s weapon and use it, you will be able to view your progress with that specific weapon’s ribbon in the Ribbon Overview in the flash client.
  • Captured Weapons unlock for purchase when you reach Ribbon Rank 9 of that specific weapon.
    (Required Ribbon Rank can vary for some weapons)
  • Captured Weapons' purchase price are marked up by 4 times their original price. Maintaining enemy weapons is not an easy task for Soldiers in the battlefield.
  • Captured Weapons can't be modded except a Captured Weapon specific bullet. Maintenance of these bullets are increased by 15% compared to their counterpart.
  • Recons who capture Bolt-Action Rifles are able to modify the weapon with a Tier 1 Recon Scope.
  • Some Captured Weapons does not have their own ribbon. One of such weapons is the Ampulomet Model 1941, it is unlocked when progressing on the Tank Destruction Ribbon.

A few select weapons are available outside their normal intended unlock. We don’t want to spoil all the fun, so get out there and explore what special weapons you now have available in your arsenal!

New AI Soldiers in Staged Battles

We are introducing the first version of our new AI Soldiers! In addition to players, AI controlled soldiers will now join each team in matches to assist with capturing. Not only will they allow you to lure out the enemies, but more soldiers in a battle will also enhance the feeling of an all out war!

Quick Overview:

• The new AI Soldiers are sent in on all open attack lines to assist with capturing points.
  • AI Soldiers will not replace players, they are in addition.
  • The number of AI Soldiers in a staged battle is dependent on which gamemode it is.

We made a short Q&A about the AI Soldiers which you can find here!

Drive safer with our Bug Fixes

We have tweaked our road generator to smooth out the terrain where we generate roads. This should get rid of ripples and spikes in and around roads. While this does not get rid of ripples or spikes on off-road terrain, it is one major step in addressing the terrain issues.

Infantry First Badge and Iron Fist Badge have been discussed heavily since our Armor Update. We have deployed a fix to address some issues raised by the community.

• Infantry First Badge now only affects Infantry and Recon based vehicles.
  • Iron Fist Badge now only affects Tanks.

Steal the enemies’ weapons and fight for victory now!

Enjoy!
RETO MOTO

Changelog

Click here to check out the full changelog!

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2019/11/

raphoux    420

Hit reg is trashier than ever.

What did you do ?

People surviving a whole MG42 mag without taking damage.

No i didn't miss, no i didn't lag and him neither.

@Reto.Hades

d|ng    3,216

Some pros and cons of captured weapons but overall dislike it due to  immersion issues.  Appreciate it's behind a hefty paywall.   Other pluses is putting decent AT on SU soldiers and US getting better options for midrange.  I'm looking forward to some of the diehard GE-only players on here complaining about others being able to use the stg... that'll be entertaining.  But still, meh immersion

Fixing infantry first makes sense but also probably just buffed tanks as iron fist wasn't as effective... will test

Not thrilled about AI, keep that out of war :)

Road fix, nice

StG and AVS to 6 eq pts, nice (now you should buff certain US weapons)

Edited

Neznan    1,708

Cap weapon for 1 million credits but with NO MOD options sounds weird. Hope peoples smart enough not to buy it

Edited

d|ng    3,216
Just now, Neznan said:

Cap weapon for 1 million credits but with NO MOD options sounds weared. Hope peoples smart enough not to buy it

I hope they keep mod options out.  It's already ruining incentive to want to play other factions...

plus certain weapons are simply great out of the box (looking at you StG and AVS)

d|ng    3,216
Just now, _Finnish_Gamemaster_ said:

Rework*

fair

Tumult_inc    348

"Decreased equipment points for Stg44 and AVS to 6"

- Most interesting change in this update. Coming up next; soviet paras get access to AVS :)

Edited

4 minutes ago, Tumult_inc said:

"Decreased equipment points for Stg44 and AVS to 6"

- Most interesting change in this update. Coming up next; soviet paras get access to AVS :)

Spoiler

*cough* Fedorov Avtomat *cough*

Reimond77    78
12 minutes ago, Neznan said:

Cap weapon for 1 million credits but with NO MOD options sounds weird. Hope peoples smart enough not to buy it

I'll buy a PPD for my German soldier :x

Xanotos    664

make us mod captured guns fully , and reduce prices to normal value to avoid  p2w

add bots to war for consistency ,new players need to have fun in war to play war ^_^

steptronik    147

I'm surprised there is only one complain here about the utter trash hit detection. It's been bad since forever, but now one can miss entire clip on standing still targets 10m away... nice work as usual Reto!

Jonas010    855
8 minutes ago, Reimond77 said:

I'll buy a PPD for my German soldier :x

You're free to get my PPD... Hell, i'd gift it to anybody if I could, because im soon making my SU main Soldier a General.

Lobo[PT]    557
5 minutes ago, steptronik said:

I'm surprised there is only one complain here about the utter trash hit detection. It's been bad since forever, but now one can miss entire clip on standing still targets 10m away... nice work as usual Reto!

I dont have problems withthat.

overall good update. Finnaly cap weapons!! Long time request from many of community members 

ill grind some weaps on staged on  my lowranks

Edited

Sqeek    709
Just now, steptronik said:

The brand new "Moscow" servers delivers this exceptional gaming experience.

@Reto.Hades You are aware that the newly implemented "Moscow" servers are EVEN WORSE than before? If not - well, now you are aware.

And btw, there is no longer a badge to kill planes? ...

Apart from that, it is a great update.

Lobo[PT]    557
2 minutes ago, Sqeek said:

And btw, there is no longer a badge to kill planes? ...

finnaly! Inf fist/first was broken af 

Sqeek    709
1 minute ago, Lobo[PT] said:

finnaly! Inf fist/first was broken af 

Of course, but none cared for almost a year. It is just the lat few months people started really using it.

But against planes, there need to be a badge or something else changed. They are way too powerful.