Forums closed, discord our new home! Read more... ×
Heroes & Generals
Sign in to follow this  
Akinaba

Automatic Rifles (ARs) and Carabines

Akinaba    462

So, it's known that the balance of those weapons between factions is a big pain in the butt.

Currently we have two automatic (assault) rifles and one carabine on LVL12 fo infantry assault ribbon, due to the fact that what we need here is a full automatic weapon that could mount a scope. (Sadly only an M2 carabine fits to all this requirements in possible US arsenal).

However there is at least two other weaoons that could fit into an automatic rifle conception - an AVT-40 and an old BAR M1918 (which was disscused several times earlier).

Frankly I'm all for excluding the Carabine (M2) from that automatic rifle list, and replacing it with sometnig (say that same BAR), however the fact that BAR can not mount a scope ruins all the concept and I can not find anything another to fit in.

On the other hand we could have the current  M1918A2 BAR LMG as US automatic rifle counterpart. It's dounside would be inability to mount scope, and it's upside would obviously a bipod. To tell the honest truth I like this concept the most. However not sure what you, the community guys will say bout it.

Overall keeping in mind above stated I will suggest two possible automatic rifle concepts to future HnG:

ARs.png

As I said I really like the Second concept exept the fact that there is no place for an AVT-40 and the old BAR there (and I really would like to fit in as much variet to the game as possible). Though they could fit in if only we would find an interesting GE counterpart for those two.

Another thing to fit in BAR would be simple removing of all the scopes for STG, and AVS altogether.

But that's not all. Because we moved M2 Carabine somewhere and because there is no actual carabine counterparts in other factions roster I would like to introduce a carabine line. It also has two variants.

Firs contains only semi-auto ones, has one tier and fulfills the First variant of AR tiers shown above. Second one fits two tiers - one with a sem and the second with full-auto carabines, it also fits the Second variant of AR tiers.

Carabines.png

Again I really like the second one.

/discuss

GermanSoldier    3,795

There is a few things .

First things first, i dont think its good to use the BARs for the AR role, while they do fit it, they have their place with the LMGs and fit very well in the first tier (only soviets lack there).

Second, i dont know about using something like the MKb42w. Its an odd prototype, which is really the problem here

Third, what you call the Volkssturmgewehr VK 98 is a VG 1-5, the VK98 is essentially a downgrade resource saving k98 (though ive heard some of them had a zf41 mount lol)

Junell    128

Just look for guns that fit a high tier role. Forcing thing into a somewhat narrow assault rifle concept is IMO not the best solution for the end game guns.

In addition to the 3 current high tier guns we could have:

GE

VG 1-5. Make it like a M1 (not M1/M2), with higher damage and worse accuracy. No scope. 5 or maybe 6 point, depending on stats.

or

MkB 42 (H) or (W). Adjust accuracy, recoil, etc. to differentiate from StG. 

US

Winchester 1897 Trench Gun. High damage, fast rate of fire. Crappy range, reload and ammo count. (No need to make new bullet mechanics. Just have one high damage bullet to resemble either a buttload of shot or a slug. No need to complicate things).

SU

Fedorov Avtomat. Low recoil, low rof. The rifle equivalent of the PPS 43, but tweaked to be better at range than close quarters.

All guns except the MkB is quite different from the current high tier guns. Not all are (or should be) balanced to be awesome in all roles at all ranges. But thats part of the fun, right?

GermanSoldier    3,795
On 11/3/2019 at 2:56 AM, Junell said:

worse accuracy.

5 hours ago, _Finnish_Gamemaster_ said:

How could anything be less accurate than the M1? 

Can we just stop making things inaccurate by default?

Junell    128

Is the M1 that bad? Don't play much para anymore, but I really liked it the few minutes it was available for infantry. I did not consider that it probably have changed a handful of times since then. Anyhow, bad accuracy was not the point, just some downside to balance out the higher damage compared to the M1. I don't really care if it's recoil, sway(!), accuracy or reload time.

Akinaba    462

EDIT: I also loved how he decomposed those wall. If only we could have that kind of asset destruction in HnG...

Edited

Akinaba    462

Say hey to Johnoson AR and actually that's not a bad option

Edited

Akinaba    462

Thinking more about the AR theme, and kowning how almost entire GE community longs for FG-42 being added to infantry We could probably have such AR roster:

AARs.png

Or... can add all that T1 guns fully modded only for paratroopers and give to infantry in current FG42 style.

P.S. Alternatively AVT can be replaced with AKT to further implement the para uniqueness and probably M1918 BAR could be replaced with current para M1A1 carabine, though it's not automatic.

Sign in to follow this