Forums closed, discord our new home! Read more... ×
Heroes & Generals
Reto.Hades

HalloWar Update: New Melee Weapon & 50% OFF on Uniforms!

Reto.Hades    3,441

Soldiers!

Halloween is right around the corner and it is time to Trick or Bludgeon! In update 1.16.1 we celebrate Halloween by introducing a new melee weapon to the Heroes & Generals arsenal!

New Melee Weapon for Each Faction

Each faction will get a new Melee weapon. A Baseball bat for the Americans and Germans while the Soviets will get a Lapta bat!

Assert dominance and show your enemy you don’t need bullets to be the boss.

A Unique Halloween Skin will also be available for each of new bats, but for a Limited Time Only!*

Uniforms & Helmet Sale - 50% OFF

In further celebration of Halloween, our players will find that Uniforms & Helmets are 50% OFF with Gold! Stand out from the crowd and get yourself some new Costumes for a bloody good deal!

Bug Fixes

We have been working hard on crushing bugs to improve the game for our players. Here is a snippet of some of the bugs, for a full list please visit the changelog here.

New Infantry Scopes had a slight offset value related to the reticle, it has now been fixed.

Adjusted starting scopes for newly purchased US and Soviet recon Soldiers. All Recon Soldiers starts with a Rank 7 scope now. People who are missing a Rank 7 scope can expect it to appear within this week.

We have deployed several UI fixes for the action game. The ingame map grid was offset when zoomed in/out, newly added lines would overlap with control point names and soldier type drop down menu appearing empty sometimes was all fixed.

We have also fixed several Flash Client bugs related to missing titles, localization and store bundles.

Better Context for War Battles

With update 1.16.1 players will now be notified about Incoming Assault Teams before and during the battle. The flow of how assault teams arrive at the start of the battle has been made more snappy and faster.

Your faction’s resource overview are moved from the scoreboard to the top of the screen and will count down every time a resource has been used. You can now also see resources located at access points and spawn areas by hovering over them.

Generals who own incoming Assault Teams will have their names broadcasted along the details of their incoming troops.

Create your own legacy as a General and let the players know that you were the one to supply the resources to push back the enemy!

Get your costumes on, hit a home run and achieve notoriety among your fellow Soldiers now!

Enjoy!
RETO MOTO

Changelog

Click here to check out the full changelog!

* Skin and Uniform Sale ends November 4th 2019 @ 10:00AM CET

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2019/10/

BLCKYEEZUS    610

Holy balls XDDDD Am i dreaming right now

In further celebration of Halloween, our players will find that Uniforms & Helmets are 50% OFF with Gold!

Uniform discount is always appreciated, even if gold only, thanks!

Bug Fixes

God bless the bug fixing

=Vortex=    172

.....Why?

You are working on things like this, yet they are massive holes in the terrain that everyone gets stuck inside.

Don't even bother with the "the devs work on different things" line, you should have recruited accordingly then.

<Exception><Version>162242&#13;&#10;QQ&#13;&#10;</Version>
<ExceptionAddress>1423909512</ExceptionAddress>
<Description>ACCESS_VIOLATION</Description>
<Details>(read from 00000026)</Details>
<Username>HitnRun2016</Username>
<Scene>Environments/Scenes/Gamemaps/T02M01_Mountain.scn</Scene>
<HumanReadable><![CDATA[----- Exception -------------------------------------------------------

Version 162242
QQ

Exception at 54DF2288: ACCESS_VIOLATION (read from 00000026)
Username: HitnRun2016
Scene: Environments/Scenes/Gamemaps/T02M01_Mountain.scn
          player: 54DF2288 CreateAirInterface() 
Computer name: DESKTOP-3HGN16Q
Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes & Generals\live\hng.exe" /M 2471538847809860383 /P 8439158848458058554 /W 37.48.111.80:15170 /lang en /NOSERVER  /H 0 /PS 8648347933901353430 /V 162242 /x LaunchedByHngSync /R "ircserver=37.48.111.70:16667"  /R "chatp=8648347933901353430::vLMq3GafNPWKa2mSr2uQRClYhN0"  /R "sync.delayShow=1"  /R "actionhost=31.204.148.43:16122"  /R "useDX12=1"  /R "render.enable_pbr=0" 
Time (UTC): Tue Oct 29 09:36:02 2019

Absolutely amazing work, now the battles don't even load!

Edited

bartalamey1    335

.....Why? You are working on things like this, yet they are massive holes in the terrain that everyone gets stuck inside.

they are working on Terrain fixes in general and Airfield map rework. we will see it soon. fixing is always longer than breaking, unfortunately.

Link755US    142

I noticed the bats require 2 equipment points but didn't have time to try them out till I had to go to something. Anyone know how they function? I assume they have the longest reach but I'm curious what their damage is like.

Heldentod31    28

I grateful that the scopes are firing true again but they still hurt my eyes so much da I can't use them. Just increase the size of the circle PLEASE for the love of god, it's literally 80% of the screen blurry in exchange for 1,9 magnification.

BLCKYEEZUS    610

I noticed the bats require 2 equipment points but didn't have time to try them out till I had to go to something. Anyone know how they function? I assume they have the longest reach but I'm curious what their damage is like.

They function similar to shovel. Maybe faster sway. Damage is surprisingly decent: from first two staged battles it was a solid 2hk in body in 100% of cases, if i hit a guy once and he killed me - he had something like 20-25% hp left. I assume it’s without heavy set.

Edited

GermanSoldier    3,795
4 hours ago, Reto.Hades said:

A Baseball bat

But, why? Why not make actual melee weapons that where used in ww2 instead of a slightly longer shovel that is super inconvenient to use (as if normal melee wasnt already)? and literally impossible to use on moscow servers.

4 hours ago, Reto.Hades said:

Soviets will get a Lapta bat

is that still to come or are you just trying to sell a baseball bat as lapta bat

51 minutes ago, Link755US said:

they are literally the shovel but with slightly more range for 2 equipment points

Jøhnson    16

man these bats better get replaced by something the moment hallowar ends later or I'll pee

suitable substitutes include a rifle bayonet, something much more practical, accurate and widely used that I'm sure everyone who takes hng seriously would want more

but do you anymore?

Played like 5 games with bat all moscow server (how lucky!) and  hit detection is just awful ım getting the hit sound and blood effect but no damage to enemy.

Cant wait for golf clubs and tennis rackets maybe even add polo mallet where you can use them from bikes !

Gerhacht    274

how is the armor penetration? any application anti air features for this excellent new weapons down the roadmap in this comedy?

amaiiiizing job! 😎

First I though we would get new meeles with new abilities (like a throwable knife or crowbar which decrease the time to steal vehicles).

And then we get "better" shovels for 2EQ with blood skins.

Im starting to think that Reto is pranking us.

Edited

raphoux    420

Any other FPS game : Oh here some new skins/ weapons skins in the theme on halloween.

H&G : 338.jpg

But honestly, i really like the fact they gave us Something for halloween. I don't really remember if they did anything before for this occasion ?

Sturmfliege    131

I like the new information system in FPS. thumbs up! So far - it´s much better.

- - -

Baseballbat for german soldiers? Really? I think I never held one, my father didn´t and all my grands didn´t. Change it to a peace of steel or a wooden batten, but a that sport thing doesn´t make sense in ww2 on german or russian side.

Edited

BLCKYEEZUS    610
11 minutes ago, bartalamey1 said:

Where you guys see that server you are playing is from moscow? 

By ping. When teammates from moscow have 5-10 ping and i have 130 i memorise it. Every time i have 130 ping i assume its MSK.

43 minutes ago, Sturmfliege said:

I like the new information system in FPS. thumbs up! So far - it´s much better.

- - -

Baseballbat for german soldiers? Really? I think I never held one, my father didn´t and all my grands didn´t. Change it to a peace of steel or a wooden batten, but a that sport thing doesn´t make sense in ww2 on german or russian side.

Russian Lapta bat game is dating back to 14th century (but the bat is similar to cricket one, not baseball), and germany has seen baseball in 1936 olympics certainly. But in ww2 battle it makes as much sense as pocket pistols... so nvm.

Adding baseball bats is meeting Reto’s signature arcade style

Edited

raphoux    420
15 minutes ago, bartalamey1 said:

Where you guys see that server you are playing is from moscow? 

By ping and hit reg.

12 minutes ago, BLCKYEEZUS said:

By ping. When teammates from moscow have 5-10 ping and i have 130 i memorise it. Every time i have 130 ping i assume its MSK.

5 ? my lowest is 25... Holy...

Fegaris    1,744

o boi, all da soldiers, who would had melee unlocked are Generals now -_- 

Wirdex    104

What's use of the baseball bat the AVS bayonet is faster and only takes one equipment point

Edited