1.16.1 - HalloWar Update

New Melee Weapons

• Added US Baseball Bat
  • Added GE Baseball Bat
  • Added SU Lapta Bat
  • Added a Limited Time Halloween skin for each bat
  • Added Unlocks for new Baseball Bats to Close Combat ribbon level 8

UI Fixes and Adjustments

• Messages players has to press something to remove are all moved lower out of central view
  • Capture messages are only shown as a notification if they are objectives or you are in the capture zone. All capture events are shown in the team chat
  • Fixed a UI issue where the spawn screen had inconsistent display of control points and objectives
  • Fixed a UI issue where newly added lines behind access points would overlap with control point name
  • Fixed a UI issue where the grid on the ingame map was offset
  • Fixed a UI issue where character type drop down would appear empty under rare circumstances

Flash Client Bug Fixes

• Fixed a Flash Client bug where ribbon progressions were shown wrong in store bundles
  • Fixed a Flash Client bug where titles were missing on War Update and Friends List
  • Fixed an error preventing some players from downloading files

Infantry Scopes & Recon

• Fixed an issue with Scope reticles having a height offset.
  • Adjusted starting scopes for newly purchased US and Soviet recon Soldiers. All Recon Soldiers starts with a Rank 7 scope now. People who are missing a Rank 7 scope can expect it to appear within this week.
  • Fix for wrong scopes coming with newly purchased US and Soviet recon soldiers

Battle Context

• Changed the flow of how assault teams arrive at the start of the battle
  • Added war event log and notifications (When assault teams arrive and when access lines are opened)
  • When assault teams arrive, the resources that they contributed with, count up on the resource overview
  • When deploying, the resources you used are shown and count down
  • Options to hide/show all resource notifications was added to the settings menu
  • In the deploy menu when hovering over capturepoints will show the resources located at that accesspoint, hovering over spawnareas will show the resources in the pool you are about to draw from"

Localization

• Fixed several localization files

Click to go back to the Update 1.16.1 announcement

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2019/10/

On 10/29/2019 at 9:53 AM, Reto.Hades said:

Changelog

UI Fixes and Adjustments

• Capture messages are only shown as a notification if they are objectives or you are in the capture zone. All capture events are shown in the team chat

Was this necessary? Now I have to pay attention to chat when I want to keep up with the flow of the match. And read all this nonsense that is written there :-)

starkdog    533
2 hours ago, cubicle.warrior said:

Was this necessary? Now I have to pay attention to chat when I want to keep up with the flow of the match. And read all this nonsense that is written there :-)

Related image

raphoux    420
8 hours ago, cubicle.warrior said:

Was this necessary? Now I have to pay attention to chat when I want to keep up with the flow of the match. And read all this nonsense that is written there 🙂

Stop camping then.

bartalamey1    335
12 hours ago, cubicle.warrior said:

Now I have to pay attention to chat when I want to keep up with the flow of the match.

Voice "general's" notifications can solve that problem. It leads players to the right direction more effective then text and "beeeep... beeeep...". And also takes the whole game, as a product, to a new level.

Edited

4 minutes ago, bartalamey1 said:

Voice "general's" notifications can solve that problem. It leads players to the right direction more effective then text and "beeeep... beeeep...". And also takes the whole game, as a product, to a new level.

Last thing I need is more distracting noise, given the sound model is still mostly broken.

bartalamey1    335
1 minute ago, cubicle.warrior said:

Last thing I need is more distracting noise, given the sound model is still mostly broken.

no "more". you already have all that notifications, but in the form of beeps, buzzes and "ta-daaaah"s. Don't you distracted by it? Yes or no, anyway unobtrusive calm voice will not bother you. like in Battlefield game series.

39 minutes ago, bartalamey1 said:

Yes or no, anyway unobtrusive calm voice will not bother you. like in Battlefield game series.

I'm pretty sure that on the question what bothers me, I'm the expert here, and you have no idea What-So-Ever.

bartalamey1    335
1 hour ago, cubicle.warrior said:

I'm pretty sure that on the question what bothers me, I'm the expert here, and you have no idea What-So-Ever.

Take it easy, man, I understood that shouldn't decide for you. But I'm pretty sure that replacing beeps with voice will improve gameplay. Many players asking for it here on forum. If Reto will implement it, sound setting for it will be added obviously.

Edited

4 minutes ago, bartalamey1 said:

Take it easy, man, I understood that shouldn't decide for you. But I'm pretty shure that replacing beeps with voice will improve gameplay. Many players asking for it here on forum. If Reto will implement it, sound setting for it will be added obviously.

No they won't because disabling it would give you an advantage. That's why you can't disable all the other sound notifications neither. I need a running commentary on the match by a bad voice actor as urgently as a fish needs a bicycle.

bartalamey1    335
3 minutes ago, cubicle.warrior said:

No they won't because disabling it would give you an advantage. That's why you can't disable all the other sound notifications neither. I need a running commentary on the match by a bad voice actor as urgently as a fish needs a bicycle.

first of all: why do you think that voice will be bad?

and a very important second: really big amount of people often ask it in comments and in topic, like comments with asking that and so on. but there is no guarantee that Reto read it. but they definitely read comments in topics they start. and for them 1 your opinion they see with thier own eyes can outweigh 1000 opinions they hear about. for this reason I beg you, do not break the expectations of many people. if you just do not like human voices, suggest to add setting to replace it with old beeps (it's an improvement of proposed), but please do not write such categorical dissuasions.

45 minutes ago, bartalamey1 said:

and a very important second: really big amount of people often ask it in comments and in topic, like comments with asking that and so on.

That's exactly why I wrote it: People here in the forum have asked for a lot of nonsense which then led to outcries in the player community when later implemented in the actual game. Reto sometimes uses this as an excuse, but they are right: A small but vociferous group here in the comments can lead to game design decisions that positively s!#+ck.

Of course, there are situations where the forum has prevented stupid things from happening - like armour plates. That's why I speak out against voice in the game. But some dubious decisions have their origin in discussions like this one. Take, for example, the very decision to put capture notifications in the chat. Who came up with this brilliant idea? Chat is optional, you can check it out when dead (or camping lol) Gameflow updates are VITAL for teamplay. Now they are buried under insults from 12 yo kids informing you that they f&%$ck your mother and your sister too. 

That's a bad UI design decision, period. Same thing with moving resources up to the top. When you are accustomed to very quick TAB checks, this totally breaks concentration. And why? What is the benefit of moving this info to the top of the screen? Answer: there is none.

Voice acting in action games ALWAYS sucks. While it is often quite good in roleplays etc. in action games it's always the same lines. Even when spoken by the best voice actors, it becomes quite annoying when you hear the "fire in the hole!" snippet for the umpteenth time. No thank you.

Edited

bartalamey1    335
2 hours ago, cubicle.warrior said:

I politely asked you not to do what you just did. Instead of speaking out in the discussion in the appropriate topic, being on an equal footing with others, you use it to push YOUR OWN opinion here.  it's not fair. what an antagonist you are.

you are wrong in both assumptions and conclusions. but I will not quote a million arguments for voice acting now, and I will not speak with you here anymore. You can read all this in the relevant forum topics. which you should have done if you wanted to express your disagreement. I should understand from your conversation with other people above in this topic that communicating with you will be a mistake.

4 hours ago, bartalamey1 said:

I politely asked you not to do what you just did. Instead of speaking out in the discussion in the appropriate topic

You are funny. I was totally on topic, then you brought up the subject of voice in this thread, not me.  Look, here:

10 hours ago, bartalamey1 said:

Voice "general's" notifications can solve that problem. It leads players to the right direction more effective then text and "beeeep... beeeep...". 

And now it's my fault? 

Edited

Jmj191    1,029

Spawn delay can no longer be circumvented by reconnecting to an ongoing battle  

Solution to this leave the match find a new one or simply just stop playing since hey token system was a step in the right direction! Hooray for forcing me to play stock weapons in war that I spent time grinding for to eventually hope to use them to only have my hopes and dreams crushed with 50 second spawn delays YAY!!!! Oh and I wouldn't even bother going into those paratroopers you know the thing that are just used to troll/block towns and serve 0 purpose in the action game thanks to oh look you died twice? Thats cute wait 50 seconds to spawn again making them completely useless and pointless in wars never to be used again to cross rivers like in the days of old.

Edited

kunalp    1,163
1 hour ago, Jmj191 said:

Spawn delay can no longer be circumvented by reconnecting to an ongoing battle  

Solution to this leave the match find a new one or simply just stop playing since hey token system was a step in the right direction! Hooray for forcing me to play stock weapons in war that I spent time grinding for to eventually hope to use them to only have my hopes and dreams crushed with 50 second spawn delays YAY!!!! Oh and I wouldn't even bother going into those paratroopers you know the thing that are just used to troll/block towns and serve 0 purpose in the action game thanks to oh look you died twice? Thats cute wait 50 seconds to spawn again making them completely useless and pointless in wars never to be used again to cross rivers like in the days of old.

What do you mean? Use your golden shovel. That should fix everything

Tumult_inc    348

From changelog 6/11:

"all existing recons without a rank 7 scope have been gifted one with this change"

My existing recons didn't receive this.

Santa-Claus.exe stopped working.

Sturmfliege    131
1 hour ago, Tumult_inc said:

[...]

Santa-Claus.exe stopped working.

😶😏🤔🤨🤣🤣🤣🤣