Reto.Hades

Prototype test: AI

Lobo[PT]    557

as i stated a week ago;

pros:
i was able to test on proto alone
Bots do aim better than 1st encounter. witch is a good sign. they react faster and aim way better, i was headshot'ed 30/50 mts away from a svt bot.
They do capture/defend the objective and travel both inside and outside houses... find some even moving to 1st floor on police station in town,
they are 5 or 6 per team... witch isnt that much... would prefer to see 20vs20 normal player + said nunber of bots . or, 32 vs 32 normal players without bots... maps are huge for that.. server confirmation still cant andle that?

cons:
they shoot even far, even when u are way unseen behind bushes far away. giving ur position away.
they just run on open fields, capture and move to the next obj. saw 1 stuck on c3 house in town all match.
we cant order them to do nothing, and we cant see how many are alive or dead.
they didnt had bazoocas or any AT weapnory to destroy enemy tanks
They could, atleast follow squad leader orders. move there, capture/defend/ destroy tank / regroup and stay there ,...
they are pretymuch useless right now. just a space filler.

Quick questions:

Will they:
- react to Squad leader orders? giving a bot for each squad and squad leader can sigh them an action to do. (capture/defend/regroup and hold/destroy (tank/man the AA gun and so on.)
- didnt saw bot resources, are there any? they dont waste our resources. therefor they are "unlimited" so a nice way to grind weapons/ribows/exp (2 per kill + 2 veteran) close to spawn points with a vehicle like a 222 apc.
-are they only inf type of bots? no plans for light tank ones per team/ recons/vehicle driving ones as apc drivers even if the team doesnt have said resources?? that every x time they spawn an apc and drive around the map helping the team without vehicles?

Vudu_guy    1,545

First,  good job, the IA behaves decently enough, in most cases they play better than most players as they continuosly rush the points eventually capturing them.

Bots will help to prevent those horribles 6vs6 assault games in  not populated  time zones, but as real players will replace the bots how to prevent a massive number of people joining close to end games?

-Bots are helpless against vehicles, they ignore them (tanks mostly), so maybe add a small number of terminator bots with AT rockets from tank vs tank mode?

-Bots numbers seem to be infinite, maybe making rules to change from infinite to a fixed number when: 

1-pushed back at their last line and starting  spawn point. 

2-At the last objective (they were pushed back while defending) so battles don't drag too long unnecessary.

This will prevent the mostly not-fun games when your faction is just being farmed until the end of time.

-Bot paths to cap points are random? if not in a short time players will learn their routes. >(i found attacker bots from B line always coming to the top of B2 in mountain town map, real players moslty come from below to the ammo room )

-Bots uniforms can be randomized like in the old "first blood" training mission? so they can´t be instantly recognized as bots (many are way more smart than real players)

-Can bot weapons have some variety too? maybe 2 or 3 from each wave with better weapons to blend them more with real players, or maybe giving them real squad weapons (mostly rifles, some SA, some smg guys, some AR, one occasional AT bot) .

-What happens to bots when they lost a line? the already spawned run all the way to the remaining line or they disappear?

-Deaths from bots  don´t count, so killing bots also dont count for the final troops captured feature? this will lead to less captured resourses and increased queues as most of the deaths in stage will come from bots.

Vudu_guy    1,545

Also:

Bots numbers are not supposed to auto-balance the number of real players?  just got in this game:

7WZ4tU.jpg

If GE got 7+4=11 why SU dont get 3+8? also bots are not going to fill the 18 vs 18 total?

Bot numbers MUST be increased to try to "balance" total numbers.

Maybe a "total bots alive counter" must be added along with the f7 function to  keep track of the friendly robot allies.

/M 3764644548394651043

Talking about some heavy unbalanced populated games, may ....maybe when the difference is too high (2x) a "veteran bot" can appear to help the team with less real players.

joke note: this bot must be able to complain making rage post in the forums  like the ones we alreay have :D .

Akinaba    461

Can we please agree when we can test, cause I can find on match on testserver. :(

Akinaba    461
On 10/18/2019 at 6:55 PM, Lobo[PT] said:

as i s.
they didnt had bazoocas or any AT weapnory to destroy enemy tanks
They could, atleast follow squad leader orders. move there, capture/defend/ destroy tank / regroup and stay there ,...
they are pretymuch useless right now. just a space filler.

Always wanted to be able to actually deploy my other soldiers with they're according outfit while being at field at the same moment myself. Imagine they will also gain their experience will be awsome

Some more orders then just deploy will be also nice. 

What I feel it to be is that you'd be able to actually spawn your own soldiers as bots (no matter inf, sniper, tanker or pilot) using bot resources and having then gain 1/2 of exp or some othe fraction then if you'd played them yourself. 

Independent (AI-spawned) bots could be used as a filler to less populated matches BUT they should either be free to the players or completeley player independent. To make them differ from the player-spawned ones. 

Also, different outfit for the AI-spawned bots a must-have otion when it will hit live server. It will be both good for a players to blend btween them and for overall visual diversity.

I can also suggest to use warfunds as bot spawning currency.

Edited

Akinaba    461
3 hours ago, b.j.blazkovitch said:

At least the push for the objective and actually fall back if previous cp is lost, unlike real players 😛

That may be achieved with existing attack and defend orders.

Edited

57 minutes ago, Akinaba said:

That may ve achieved with existing attack and defend orders.

Interesting, usually when I give an order my teammates won't even bother being on same line as the order.

Bots have %s instead of name when trying to heal them.

Killing bots counts on the scoreboard but dying to them doesn't.

They don't react to vehicles trying to run them down but I guess that would be tricky to fix.

They tend to gather up in same spot, nade friendly.

They ignore apcs.

Still no bonus xp for long range kills = losing credits as recon.

Will headshot US recon out of t1 and t2 vehicle mg.

Lastly there are some weird moments where bot starts to shoot at me before I can see him and in general are difficult to hit when strafing, ping 0 I guess

Akinaba    461

@Reto.Hades Can we be more specific on what we are percisely looking too? It also would not bad if you'll allow a three-faction assaults for this test.

As for bots: is it me or they are rarely looking up? And they either can't see me in the second floor window from the ground or really dont looking up much. Two bots didn't payed attention at me being 5 meters away on the ground and me being at the window.

Well checked it appears to be a plain situational awareness of those two which was, well not very good.

Another thing I've noticed they stop monitoring the direction of the enemy as soon as they loose the sight. I mean they can turn their back to you as soon as you step behind the wall. They just don't keep checking if you are still there.

Edited

Akinaba    461

I kinda feel like bots could handle some more deadly tweaks. Their reaction could be slightly faster for example. But not accuracy. I also wonder if they can use sprint while navigating inside the objective and simply generally travel.

Edited

stones77    215

Just came from testing: Bots are superb and really will enrich the whole game. Ready for release. Just push them live, tweaks can be done later.

Vudu_guy    1,545

Another question, what will happen with attrition games (stage)?, i mean when you finally managed to deplete all enemy spawns and they got kicked one by one as they can´t spawn anymore (this situation on my experience in the past made great and fun matches when you finally earn the rigtth to win after wiping out all infantry spawns  when your team wa near defeated). How this will work in games  with bots? a rule for them to stop spawning after X remaining players lives, a rule to make X bots spawn per real player spawning so they decrease when real players decrease?, or attrition will  be only possible in war? 

Almost forgot, will be nice if bots sprint once in a while while moving, i  don´t think they are doing it now.

Sozzys    12

There should be a way to differentiate bots from players. A custom camo for example.

Teeri    590

As a heads up, some stamina/spread issue on the prototype version.

Edited

BLCKYEEZUS    610
On 10/20/2019 at 2:43 PM, b.j.blazkovitch said:

Killing bots counts on the scoreboard but dying to them doesn't.

I think both should not count in as a stat kill or death.

22 hours ago, Vudu_guy said:

Arent bot spawns tied to resources? I mean if there is 0 inf resources, a bot cannot respawn after death same as any player. No?

Vudu_guy    1,545
4 hours ago, BLCKYEEZUS said:

Arent bot spawns tied to resources? I mean if there is 0 inf resources, a bot cannot respawn after death same as any player. No?

I have no idea of the rules behind the bots spawn numbers, but i think some rules must be necesary like the ones i asked above.

Bots will change the way stage battles are played, the majority of players will be affected but only a minority dare to test it and give feedback (not useless whiny post), yet  we will see many of the usual forum warriors complain after its released, like always,