Reto.Hades

Prototype test: Fighter changes

Reto.Hades    3,433

We have created 3 forumtopics for this prototype test.

In this topic you can discuss everything related to the changes made to the planes:

The following changes have been made:

La-7: Increased pitch speed

P-51: Increased pitch speed & stall speed

FW-190: Increased stall speed

HS 126 B-1: Increased hitpoints

Polikarpov R-Z: Increased hitpoints

Curtiss O-52: Increased hitpoints

Wing Left: Increased hitpoints

Wing Right: Increased hitpoints

Elevator: Increased hitpoints

Rudder: Increased hitpoints

The prototype server can be downloaded here: http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com/

Vudu_guy    1,545

Can´t reallly test  the changes to the US and SU planes as i only got in games with 3+ GE planes, this population imbalance will follow to live if at least  a TEMPORAL rule is not created to prevent it, it MUST be applied to this game mode to stop the GE overspam effect until pilots from the other factions dare to try to fly this planes again:  MAKE THIS GAMES ONLY START WHEN at least 8 VS 8 PILOTS ARE READY, and dont allow more to be added after the game start, if not the imbalance from the plane handling will be replaced for a population imbalance, this always happened but a rule to prevent it was never made.

Why the majority of pilots will even try to face 1 "buffed" plane vs 3 or 4? they still lose, encourage ways for the US and SU pilots to return, something similar happened when the p-38 was king vs heavys, not any change made to the GE plane will make pilots balance pilots in the air vs the p-38 only after meds got merged with heavys enought GE pilots dare to face and end the p-38 kingdom, the same will happen with the focke, even "nerfed" and the others "buffed" a similar number of pilots is still needed in the air.

Vudu_guy    1,545
16 minutes ago, LuisCyphre said:

Eh, you're going to extremes again, why not set turn, accelleration, brake and climb speed for all tier 3 planes equally.....

That even if not realistic will be a great way to make US and SU pilots use their planes again and prevent  GE overspam.

We all see this things before they happen as they happened before, Reto MUST take radical action if they really want to try to solve problems faster and cut the bleed of frustrated players out fo the game after several bad preventable experiences.

Vudu_guy    1,545
Just now, LuisCyphre said:

Have you playtested it vudu? If you ever want to see an FW190 again without flying it yourself, now's the time IMHO.

Yeah i will not post on a feedback thread without even trying it, im not that kind of forum warrior, i felt the FW almost the same but maybe having 5 copilots against 2 enemys wa the reason i cant really feel how it will behave against the others, the thing that i found is im not able to outturn them anymore so we end in an infinite loop as it was usual in 2014.

LuisCyphre    691

Didn't mean to say you were. Just saying that presently the adjustments are way overdone, from a balancing perspective, and with the goal in mind not to cause another rage quit wave.

Vudu_guy    1,545
1 minute ago, LuisCyphre said:

Didn't mean to say you were. Just saying that presently the adjustments are way overdone, from a balancing perspective, and with the goal in mind not to cause another rage quit wave.

Oh sorry about thinking that then!

Yeah overdoing the values will lead for sure to rage quits like always, thats why i think your idea of making them equal even if not realistic its still a good way to encourage players that left the focke reing in the sky uncontested, if not even nerfed and the others buffed the imbalance of people daring to face them will not change. I mena they can make them equal then after some months slowly make them a little different and no one will feel the difference as the equalization worked and then the placebo effect remain.

Vudu_guy    1,545
6 minutes ago, vKoii said:

Buff to the FW190?

Shouldnt it get nerfed to the ground?

That kind of mentallity is being ruining the game, if something is good it must become trash instead of making others things also good to compete, but no where is the fun in that?

weristderbabo1    126
11 minutes ago, vKoii said:

Buff to the FW190?

Shouldnt it get nerfed to the ground?

The same way it happened after years of suffering with the P38?

Ahhhh, wait

Sjf0212    603

Will test everything later, but from the posted changes it looks like a load of buffs instead of nerfs, which is a good thing. Increased component health is a welcome change, I can guarantee that without even having to test.

ÐEM㊉NIC    15

The Foke Wulf 190 is still way too fast and truns still better than any other med plane.

it didnt feel you did anything at all to balance the planes.

and pls stop moking the players, the fw190 is OP.

why do you do this @Reto.RedBjarne ?!?!? why do you make fun of your own players ?!

why is the the fw190 not op compared to the US/Rus Medium Plane i dont get it.

you didnt fix anything.

you just made it worse.

karenin    216
3 hours ago, ÐEM㊉NIC said:
Spoiler

Wow. Like really, wow. I really hope he just wanted to cater to the single major faction and its all talky talky, but "behind the scenes" he knows whats up. But i dont get my hopes, its not the first time he shows that he has not a single actual clue whats going on in the game he pretends to develop..

Ometron    11

Whenever there are enough players on proto queueing and finally starting a match, i'll try and get some hard facts:

Fw 190:

turn time: 8.3 sec (per full turn)

roll rate: 4 sec (per full roll)

P-51:

turn time: 8.9 sec (per full turn)

roll rate: 2.7 sec (per full roll)

La-7:

turn time: 9 sec (per full turn)

roll rate: 3.5 sec (per full roll)

Although no changes were made to the roll rate (at least not according to changelog), i still included them to give a better picture of the planes' performance.

Edited

So what did they change on the fighter planes ? From my POV the only thing they changed is how long it takes to bring the plane down. The new module system works fine. However, this wont solve the problem with the t3 imbalance. The flight model changes you listed have little effect on the planes. They all felt the same and the changes where hardly noticeable. Along with fellow vet pilots Wehrmacht1941 , Champi0n, and Trickshot we conducted several tests and found that the fw 190 will still have enough energy to continue vertically for 15 seconds after the la 7 and p 51 have fully committed to a stall. We also tested high speed turning and debug maneuvers. The fw 190 still is able to keep inside the la 7 and p 51s turn circle all the time. This also includes t2s mediums and heavies. As for the p 51 vs. la 7 scenario they are fairly balanced against one another assuming you know how to use the plane correctly. 

Poopdrip    75

In the limited matches I got to actually work/load correctly...
I honestly felt no difference between the Tier 3 fighters either.

- FW190 still easily out turning and out climbing the La7 and P51.
- P51 MG's still are super weak with AP and increasing the module hp has just made it worse
- 20mm cannons still have no issues shattering elevator/wings
- Destroyed module penalties to the La7/P51 still way more harsh than the FW190
- FW190 still easily out turning planes even with broken wing/elevator

Can Reto double check to make sure the proper build was loaded to the prototype? It really feels like there is no difference or changes done to these aircraft... let alone any proper "balancing"

Please bring that dumb FW190 back down to earth so pilots are willing to fly again

Please also bring back heavy vs heavy matches so those planes are actually worth using sometimes

Also, one last request please fix these terrible ram physics!
(I have 10 more videos of this if you need more reference)

Edited
spelling