Reto.Hades

CHANGELOG 1.15.2 - QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATE

Reto.Hades    3,436

Changelog

CHANGELOG – UPDATED AUG. 27 2019

UPDATE 1.15.2

Career Specialization

• Introduced a new feature, 'Career Specializations', to the progression screen

Matchmaking

• Fixed an issue where ongoing matches would not apply skill level to the matchmaking parameter when new soldiers join a match mid-battle

New Effects & Performance Optimizations

New Muzzle Flashes
    • Pistols
    • Submachine Guns
    • Rifles
    • Machine Guns
    • Bazookas
    • Anti-Tank Rifles
    New Explosion Effects
    • Hand Grenades
    • Bazookas
    • Mines
    • Backblasts (from Bazookas)
    Tracer Effects
    • Reworked tracer effects on Pistols, Submachine Guns, Rifles and Machine Guns
    • Machine Guns will now use tracers every 3rd or 5th shot depending on the gun
    • Machine Gun tracers are now colored depending on which faction it is from
      • United States has Red Tracers
      • Germany has Yellow Tracers
      • Soviet Union has Green Tracers
    Tank Ammunition Effects
    • New Impact Effects for All Tank AP Rounds (except 20mm)
      • New Armor Penetration Effect
      • New Failed to Penetrate Effect
      • New Ground-hit Effect
    • New Effects for All High Explosive Rounds

Vehicles

• Players will no longer die if exiting a vehicle at high speed (Does not apply to planes)
    • Added new decals to the SdKfz 251
    • Added new Gun Cradles to all vehicles having the M2 .50 Machine Gun
    • Added new Ammunition Belts to Mounted Machine Guns on Vehicles
    • Added camera kick to Mounted Machine Guns on Vehicles
    • Added 3 new Limited Edition 'Red Sample' Skins to all three Tier 3 Planes
      • MUSTANG P51-D – “MUSTANG MK IV”
      • FOCKE-WULF FW 190 D9 – “LONG NOSE DORA”
      • LAVOCHKIN LA-7

Click to go back to the 1.15.2 Update announcement

Original post: https://heroesandgenerals.com/2019/08/

Sigvall_2    262

New graphic effect ? For what ? Where are bug fixes from community votes ?

You add more cammera kick - for what ?? 

Edited

dit55    78
47 minutes ago, Sigvall_2 said:

You add more camera kick - for what ?? 

The MG's on jeeps are insane when the vehicle is stationary. Mind you this only applies to mounted machine guns on vehicles.

Edited

BLCKYEEZUS    610

You can now visually see the tanker using AP or HE. Good, it could save some AP tankers from getting 6 h3s on them :) 

Klot    47

Yes lets paint the planes red because love you, why not. Much Effort wow.

WarDaemon    1,186

@Reto.Hades, these are all cool and welcome changes in my opinion. The limited edition skins are a cool idea that is long overdue, (not the scheme I'd have picked, but it's cool),  but...

The thing on many pilots minds is, did the plane rebalance ninja happen in this patch, or is that still to come? God I miss flying and not being lasered down in .5 seconds...

Reto.Hades    3,436
1 minute ago, WarDaemon said:

@Reto.Hades, these are all cool and welcome changes in my opinion. The limited edition skins are a cool idea that is long overdue, (not the scheme I'd have picked, but it's cool),  but...

The thing on many pilots minds is, did the plane rebalance ninja happen in this patch, or is that still to come? God I miss flying and not being lasered down in .5 seconds...

Fighter changes have not yet been implemented. They will most likely be released together with the pilotvspilot mode.

We are aiming for next month, but that is not yet set in stone.

WarDaemon    1,186

@Reto.Hades Thanks bud. Take your time, and let's get it great the first go around. Appreciate all of your hard work,  and I put my trust in that there is a lot more to come!

Mosquit0    17

I thought this update would bring more fps to the game, but I did not see a change on that.

Besides that, I really liked the new muzzle fire, tracer and explosions effects. Great job, guys.

On 8/27/2019 at 12:26 PM, Reto.Hades said:

Fighter changes have not yet been implemented. They will most likely be released together with the pilotvspilot mode.

We are aiming for next month, but that is not yet set in stone.

According to @Reto.RedBjarne planes are balanced... 

Even when you play medium planes and you only have GE FW in the air... :p 

Vudu_guy    1,545
19 minutes ago, freemanolimit said:

According to @Reto.RedBjarne planes are balanced... 

Even when you play medium planes and you only have GE FW in the air... 😛

Why you lie? if Hades is saying you the fix is not yet implemented but its done and will be included in an upcoming update that  means RB know about it and aproved the change, im sure  they dont´change things without the game director knowledge.

mikizlo55    1

I tink u forget something :) https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi9seq62KvkAhUCblAKHTaZB-4QjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedium.com%2Fwar-is-boring%2Fthe-world-war-ii-sten-gun-was-cheap-and-dirty-42767cfe2513&psig=AOvVaw2FZp4h__D3O5kOhmHTJqPT&ust=1567292170106692 And did u know gresse gun can hawe supressors silencer and luger and some guns 

Zoaron    699

I'm still waiting for a "Quality Of Life improvement" for the US faction, having again a decent weapon to counter the every where present (laser) STG and AVS.

what is this specialization thing i dont understand, it gives me nothing? it just shows me when i get an AT or??? what guns to pick? when i unlock stuff? do i unlock this stuff on universal soldiers?!!??!!? 

_Vidoque_    52

why do I only encounter GE players with STGs?

while our side (US) uses various weapons as none gets even close to the STG level?

RETO, can you please look into this or the goal is only to help the GE faction?

Micria    0

Were muzzle flashes really changed? I still see only the first bullet I fire from the PPsh before the cloud of smoke completely obstructs my target.

KotExtruder    11

To my suprise I found out that the new player experience has been substantialy improved , that alone would probably have been worth a changelog of its own with introduction on what changed

New players now recive credits up front , enables them to purchase SMGs and other useful stuff much earlier than before

Weapon ribbon for the SA  rifle progresses A LOT  faster then before , under 1 hour of playtime  and I already have all the mods unlocked for the SA  and also enough credits to unlock them if I want to

The first free vet day is unlocked much earlier

The progression tab is much less redundant , alltho some of the information could be cut down  aswell as some of the badge suggestions should be given a secon look  or at least feature some flavor text with like a sentence of explaination

My only question is , why was this not more prominently mentioned ?  This would be worth a lot more spotlight , I think most people could not care less about the new skins for the planes , they are pretty much targeted  at the FW190 pilots only  right now and probably also only for the people that can either already afford them or are willing to invest

please put more spotlight on changes like this , I would litteraly not have guessed that

Career Specialization

• Introduced a new feature, 'Career Specializations', to the progression screen

also means that the new player experience has been improved with countless other tweaks  that would be more deserving of the title Quality of Life

I appreciate the changes a lot  but please elaborate more on positive changes like this , because  even after sporadicaly watching dev streams  I would not have known how much actualy changed for the better

Dont be afraid of the success , Its much easier to praise an update if the main focus is not on the store changes

Also on a side note , the new bullet tracers seem to be much more reliable and an actual representation where the bullet actualy goes , I know those are client side  but it feels like the bullets have a closer trajectory to what the hit detection will actualy register

Nice changes for once

bartalamey1    335
On 8/31/2019 at 2:17 AM, Zoaron said:

I'm still waiting for a "Quality Of Life improvement" for the US faction, having again a decent weapon to counter the every where present (laser) STG and AVS. 

oh yeah, make US overpowered again! the joke is that as soon as the US weapon was balanced, they immediately ceased to succeed. reason to think)