Sign in to follow this  
PrivateMarkosL

Recon vs Recon gamemode maps

PrivateMarkosL    390

The current map is ok i guess but here's how the maps of Recon vs Recon should be

1.Destroyed Buildings

1anc1206.jpg&f=1

Maps should be done on destroyed buildings.It provides more foliage and cover for recons,which means that the guy needs to pay attention if there's an enemy inside

RIAN_archive_450_Snipers.jpg&f=1

2.Bushes

Now i don't mean huge bushes,I mean bushes that won't make the enemy too hard to see

Example:

57ed6f44e681a9410469d3fb74216c8d.jpg&f=1

Red-Army-Woman-Sniper.jpg&f=1

3.Small trenches

th?id=OIP.uF_FLIsPLbmvSBtW8ErfYQAAAA%26p

041a_hC3A4yhC3A4-12b3e60.jpg?quality=90%

A Recon can also use a small trench as it will be hard for the enemy to hit if the Recon is careful enough

Now i don't think Recon vs Recon should be capture and hold.

The maps should be played stealthy and it should be either capture the flag or Search a vital information or something and destroy it.

Edited

Reto.Hades    3,438

The reason why we are using the tank versus tank map, is mostly because it is an easy thing to do, as stupid as that sounds.

While the map may not be best suited for recon versus recon, it does work. And it's relatively easy for us to implement it.

We will most likely not make any new recon versus recon map anytime soon. As it is very time consuming.

Akinaba    462
3 hours ago, Reto.Hades said:

The reason why we are using the tank versus tank map, is mostly because it is an easy thing to do, as stupid as that sounds.

While the map may not be best suited for recon versus recon, it does work. And it's relatively easy for us to implement it.

We will most likely not make any new recon versus recon map anytime soon. As it is very time consuming.

Funny thing that both tanks and snipers prefer to operate at the farthest possible distances hence using the same map types is only legitimate. Only thing that I'll repeat my suggestion that both current Encounter maps could be pretty much extended to be utilized into TvsT or SvsS  gammemodes while adapting current TvsT map to the Encounter style at the same time I think.

On 8/27/2019 at 2:31 PM, Akinaba said:

Funny thing that both tanks and snipers prefer to operate at the farthest possible distances hence using the same map types is only legitimate

However recons and tanks have different needs and abilities and while a TvT map works with recons distance-wise the rest of the map simply does not work with recons as it was designed around tanks

Akinaba    462
16 minutes ago, _Finnish_Gamemaster_ said:

However recons and tanks have different needs and abilities and while a TvT map works with recons distance-wise the rest of the map simply does not work with recons as it was designed around tanks

Just to be intersted in what particular specific ways?

I mean take a wide Tank map put bushes and voila - you got bush wookie contest.

Speaking of the ruined city concept I really DO feel that we lack some propper ruined building in the game overall.

Edited

1 hour ago, Akinaba said:

Just to be intersted in what particular specific ways?

I mean take a wide Tank map put bushes and voila - you got bush wookie contest.

I thought so as well, but it turned out the area around the objective was too crowded with bushes and other visual cover so the players actually had to get in it and play like infantry, whereas the other areas on the map were very empty with barely any action or danger in them. The objective centered gamemode didn't feel like it worked really well for recons. 

Junell    128

Kills? No. That could encourage games where teams win by not spawning as soon as they have a lead.

IMO the best way would be some kind of capture the flag. 3-5 items placed around the map that players should retrieve would do the trick. With few players and a 15 minute timer it would call for a wide variety of tactics. Locate the items and lurk in a bush with a sniper rifle or zoom around in a recon car armed with a SMG and a wrench?

The skirmish maps are all good for this type of games. It would even make the low tier recon cars useful again. 

Edited

Khadmon    564

Here's an idea for a recon vs recon. Have a valley map with 2 roads on the mountains. A convoy of bots drive/walks on the roads one going one way and the enemy goes the other way.

You and your fellow recons have to shoot across at the enemy convoy and take out as many as you can before the timer runs out. + try to take out any enemy recons to stop them from killing your convoy. Yes you could travel down and across the river but that maybe hard or take up to much time. So best to get a good sniping spot and start shooting.

Bots don't shoot back but may duck for cover when under fire.

CNgdyx4.png

yes it was just a quick pic in paint :)

Image result for ww2 convoy valley

Edited

Junell    128
On 8/27/2019 at 10:19 AM, Reto.Hades said:

But would you consider making other recon vs recon game modes on the existing maps? I guess that would be less time consuming, or at least pull more of the hours from a different resource pool.

Capture the flag on the skirmish maps would be a nice way to go. 

Or is the there need for a massive rework to make the maps function without cap zones?

Sign in to follow this