Forums closed, discord our new home! Read more... ×
Heroes & Generals
Sign in to follow this  
PrivateMarkosL

Suggestion: M1917 Enfield

PrivateMarkosL    390

I know there's thousands of threads that ask for it, but i finally found that it saw use in frontlines but more as a training rifle.

i'll give you one example that it was not only used as a training rifle: Liberation of Philippines and it was used with Rifle grenadiers like the M1903 but they used the MK2 Rifle Grenade:

post-89-0-99100600-1419419521.jpg

IMG_6215.jpg

The M7 Rifle Grenade Launcher (Remington T14 prior to adoption) was a muzzle device originally designed by John Garand and first adopted by the US military in 1943. In the modern sense it is a grenade adapter rather than a grenade launcher, as the device cannot actually launch anything by itself. It could be attached to the M1 Garand in order to allow it to fire 22mm rifle grenades using M2 or M3 grenade blank propelling cartridges. It was developed to solve the challenge of firing rifle grenades from a gas-operated semi-automatic rifle: prior to this, the solution had been for squad grenadiers to be issued with a bolt-action rifle, either an M1903A3 Springfield equipped with an M1 Rifle Grenade Launcher or more rarely an M1917 Enfield equipped with an M2 Rifle Grenade Launcher.

Taken from:http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/M7_Rifle_Grenade_Launcher

It also saw use in the Irish army

if someone thought of rifle tiers:

tier 1 M1 Garand

tier 2 M1903

tier 3 M1917

the reason the M1917 should be tier 3 is because it is proven that it is better than the m1903

Fun fact: The M1917 outnumbered the Springfield during WW1.

Edited

PrivateMarkosL    390
3 hours ago, _Finnish_Gamemaster_ said:

How is it better than the M1903 and why should it be a thing in the first place? 

the only downside it has is that it's heavier than the M1903.It has better sights,faster bolt e.t.c to the point it outnumbered m1903 production.

I didn't want to make this, but the M1903s sway and sights are unconfortable and i don't mean it as a Recon.

Edited

Jøhnson    15

Yeah, let's also add the 1981 Mosin Nagant and the Gewehr-98 and the SMLE Mk. III

I mean they were used in ww2! they werent frontline weapons or anything but rather gap fillers which would be replaced when given the chance but cmon guys

On 7/31/2019 at 1:42 PM, PrivateMarkosL said:

I know there's thousands of threads that ask for it

I have not seen a single one so far lol

Sign in to follow this