Forums closed, discord our new home! Read more... ×
Heroes & Generals
Sign in to follow this  
PrivateMarkosL

Suggestion:VIS pistol for Germany that Replaces Mauser C96

PrivateMarkosL    390

Who wouldn't like a Nazi M1911?

1200px-Radom_%25286825677274%2529.jpg&f=

That was used by Infantry and not pilots?

''Used by Infantrymen and Towards the end of the war used by paratroopers''

01021a49a8e04390806c86707be536c7?AccessK

Another Choice is the Konigsberg Colt:

41-900x600.jpg

51-900x739.jpg

Edited

Dude, Did you check history of this pistol?

1st VIS is not Nazi it is Polish

2nd Yeah Germans captured some from Polish Army and manufactured it.

3rd Not sure if those guys are infantry/paratroopers or partisans what was the caption at the pictures source?

4th https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSH9VvQAvog Ian's got it right.

Edited

PrivateMarkosL    390
2 hours ago, _Finnish_Gamemaster_ said:

Why should it replace the C96? And why not something more common like the Hi-Power?

Well the Browning HI Power should be for the Commonwealth(if it ever gets added).

It should replace the C96 and make the C96 Pilot exclusive. if they add 5 pistols other Factions will complain how they only have 3 pistols meanwhile GE has 5.

Another choice could be the M712 to replace the C96

'' Small numbers of M1932s were supplied to the German Wehrmacht during World War II, who designated it the M712''.

5 hours ago, AlbrehtZiegeman said:

Dude, Did you check history of this pistol?

1st VIS is not Nazi it is Polish

2nd Yeah Germans captured some from Polish Army and manufactured it.

3rd Not sure if those guys are infantry/paratroopers or partisans what was the caption at the pictures source?

4th https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSH9VvQAvog Ian's got it right.

1.I didn't say it's German.I said Nazi because the Nazis and partisans used it

2.Yes they did especially the rifles

3.Infantrymen but i don't know where it was taken(France? Poland? Germany?)

4.Yeah McCollum is always right i do watch him

As i said before they could add the Konigsberg Colt instead of the VIS

Edited

6 minutes ago, PrivateMarkosL said:

Well the Browning HI Power should be for the Commonwealth(if it ever gets added).

Was used by the Germans so it would suit. 

6 minutes ago, PrivateMarkosL said:

It should replace the C96 and make the C96 Pilot exclusive.

C96 was used by infantry too tho, rarely ofc but some were privately purchased as well. 

7 minutes ago, PrivateMarkosL said:

3.Infantrymen but i don't know where it was taken(France? Poland? Germany?)

The guys in the pic are not partizans or such, the uniform isn't german.

PrivateMarkosL    390
10 minutes ago, _Finnish_Gamemaster_ said:

Was used by the Germans so it would suit. 

C96 was used by infantry too tho, rarely ofc but some were privately purchased as well. 

The guys in the pic are not partizans or such, the uniform isn't german. 

Ok the Hi power is good i will admit(was so good it was in a German Propaganda):

aPistol%2Bg&f=1

I honestly prefer the M712 or all the weapons above

Possibly Volunteers or Hungarian Soldiers.The only thing i know is that they are not Partisans

Edited

PrivateMarkosL    390

Not only that the HI Power is also at one of the most famous WW2 pictures:

11406633_5.jpg?v=8CE7FA46FA0EC80&f=1

You see that guy with ammo belt? He is holding one. I knew this picture but i didn't know he had a Hi Power

Akinaba    462

Okay, so at first I decided to open a single therad about all-four handgun tiears for all factions, but then I found this thread so I'll put it here.

1. At firtst I just added an extra t2 pistols to US and Su factions accordingly. They appeard to be a large-mag (13 for HP and 18 for PV) GE-match pistols.

2. But then I've found out that the german line just doesn't match the result tier concept and I decided to search out for an appropriate GE M1911 and TT-33 compertor. And it's appears to ve the famous Walther PP which I believe suits the place so much well. 

And I end up with this concept of 4-tier Hanguns line for all factions.

Pistols-T4-all.png

Questions, suggestions, improvements?

P.S. this post opens up a series of all-tier weapons for all faction posts which I hope to manage and post here with according discussion.

@Reto.Christiano marking you here just to let you know.

Edited

GermanSoldier    3,795
6 hours ago, Akinaba said:

Questions, suggestions, improvements?

with a HP on US you are literally fueling the Vietnam jungle fires, not a good idea. Not to mention that it honestly just really fits better on GE than anywhere else

The only other pistols that come to mind that would be useable though, is the S&W Model 10.

Akinaba    462
5 hours ago, GermanSoldier said:

with a HP on US you are literally fueling the Vietnam jungle fires, not a good idea. Not to mention that it honestly just really fits better on GE than anywhere else

The only other pistols that come to mind that would be useable though, is the S&W Model 10.

Okay, aside form that vietnam relation and the fact thet HP indeed just as relevant to GE as it is to US, how about the following tier loadout:

HNG-pistol-tiers.png

The concept behind that is:

t1 - pocket pistols, 1 AP

t2 - large clip

t3  - Iconic (well semi)

t4 - high power

t5 - high power compact, 1AP

It also may be considered swapping T2 and T3 since Walther PP feels there kinda awekward to me.

EDIT:

I kinda fellthis loadout to be more in-line though it does not follow concepts stated above:

HNG-pistol-tiers-V2.png

Edited

GermanSoldier    3,795
6 hours ago, Akinaba said:

just as relevant to GE as it is to US,

The HP wasnt relevant at all in the US until vietnam, it was only produced for britain (and i think canada? or was it by canada?) in like 1944 and started being issued in like 1945.

I think sticking to 4 Pistols might be the best option. And honestly? i think i would take an entirely different approach to the pistols and that would be this:

HNG-pistol-tiers.png

Every faction starts with a decent, iconic pistol. It fits in best for newer players as well, because they are the ones to usually have room for them to start with.

The second tier is still very iconic but somewhat more "powerful" or "accurate" pistols

The third tier is the pocket pistols. Why? Because this allows to actually give them a real purpose, they shouldnt be as common as they are now and they are more useful to a veteran who has that one slot empty and can now decide what he wants to stuff there. It would also allow to make them a little more effective then they are.

The 4th tier would be a faction special pistol, now on GE that could also be the C96, but considering it is a 9mm currently (though that could be fixed) and it wasnt all to common anyway, thoug the HP is a pretty iconic gun in german service still and would allow to deviate from the else overall very similar german pistols. The model 10 and the Voevodin are what they are i dont think il need to say anything about them.

Akinaba    462
22 hours ago, GermanSoldier said:

I think sticking to 4 Pistols might be the best option. And honestly? i think i would take an entirely different approach to the pistols and that would be this:

HNG-pistol-tiers.png

Every faction starts with a decent, iconic pistol. It fits in best for newer players as well, because they are the ones to usually have room for them to start with.

The second tier is still very iconic but somewhat more "powerful" or "accurate" pistols

The third tier is the pocket pistols. Why? Because this allows to actually give them a real purpose, they shouldnt be as common as they are now and they are more useful to a veteran who has that one slot empty and can now decide what he wants to stuff there. It would also allow to make them a little more effective then they are.

The 4th tier would be a faction special pistol, now on GE that could also be the C96, but considering it is a 9mm currently (though that could be fixed) and it wasnt all to common anyway, thoug the HP is a pretty iconic gun in german service still and would allow to deviate from the else overall very similar german pistols. The model 10 and the Voevodin are what they are i dont think il need to say anything about them.

Well, I see the legitimace in your approach. Overall you want the less used waeponary be the rarest by use in the game and therefore standing higher in the tiers. So did I thought at first TBH. But note one thing - you cant simply put ANY gun higher on the tier ladder, because every next tier gun suggests that that gun would be better and more expensive then the previous one. That's how the majority of the players think and that's how teirs usually work in all of the games not only in this. Hence putting pocket pistols on tier 3 or 4 would make people think why the hell they are there at all? THough yes it will also drestically decrease their ingame usage since, well majority of the people will think they don't even need to buy them at all.

Thinkin all about that frankly I would really like to see the full 5 tier tree for each faction. However if it's not a problem for the GE I see trouble to find anything legitimate for US to put in.

Anyway, though< I got the feeling that I would be mentally banned from you for the following suggestions I keep trying inventing the 5 tier tree line for the pistols and here are the ideas.

HNG-pistol-tiers-V4.png

But still the US T2 choice brings up questions.

Another variant would be ofcourse just put the HP on par with 1911 and TT and be with it

HNG-pistol-tiers-V3.png

Edited

Sign in to follow this