Reto.Hades

Prototype test: Armor plating

Reto.Hades    3,433

Hello everyone!

We have deployed armor plating on the prototype server. We wanted to make sure you guys have the opportunity to try them out and see how they really work.

Please note that we have not yet made any changes to the heavy set badge, as we are still looking at the options.

We will also take a look at the plating during the livestream on the 28th of June 15:00 CEST, several Reto's will be playing on prototype during/after the livestream.

We recommend only joining 'first encounter' or 'Capture and hold Infantry' to get most people in the same matches

• All new infantry characters come with an armor plate
  • They can be purchased only for infantry
  • They function as any other item (E.g. they cost equipment points(3) and take an equipment slot)
  • Every time they absorb damage they are worn
  • The plates can absorb up to 30 damage
  • When hit damage will first be subtracted from your armor plates and any remaining damage will be transferred to the character
  • Heavyset is applied after armor plates have absorbed their damage
  • They can be replenished at ammo crates on the map
  • The equipment type is communicated as a "Shield" icon. This is visible on the item in the flash client and a section of armor health after your normal health bar in the action client
  • When you hit an enemy with armor plating, a specific sound will be played
  • Plating does not effect headshots

Known issue:

• When you get shot wearing plating, it will not show the health of your plating decrease, when your plating is completely destroyed, the armor icon will be removed from your UI

• Armor plates prices are not final yet

You can download the prototype server at http://prototype.heroesandgenerals.com/

Please keep the discussion about plating in this topic, so all the feedback is kept together.

*The prototype server will be up from Friday the 28th of June up until Monday the 1st of July

r2gy    469

Do you need to repair armor plating with credits?

oh, and proto is down

Xeator    743

Ok. First problem based on only reading this. INFANTRY ONLY.

If heavy set is changed or removed you can say good bye to OHK protection for all the other classes. A BIG mistake.

ONLY free for new soldiers. This is a good way to anger old players with 30 soldiers per faction.

This change does not look good, not good at all.

Link to my other post regarding all the possible issues with this change.

Edited

r2gy    469

Just please do not f**** up heavy set badge, curentlly it is one of most grind required things in this game, if you will make it useless, all this grind by ALL players will be gone.

Maby make that heavy set adds equipment points, so gold heavy set would balance out wearing armor plates (3ep). But you are adding armor plates to help the newbies, so this would just be pretty much how it is now.

Edited

MaxTunnerX    436

Just one thing - please dont ignore the bugs players report during the proto test. If there is something players and/or devs find gamebreaking or too harmful, delay the actual update and fix the issues before going live. Its the number one concern of many players. Agreeing/disagreeing with features/tweaks is one thing, but gamebreaking/bugged features are another. Last time players reported vehicles had broken physics, but it still made it to live and broke the game. Dont let it happen again please, theres no rush.

Edited

CrazySerb90    72

Before this sh*t we had a nice balance between arcade and simulation (in terms of infantry gameplay) now it's just one more arcade like a bunch of other games, but poorly designed, badly optimized and broken by pointless events.

Neznan    1,708

@Reto.Hades can you consider idea that:

Armor Plate - 4 equimpet points 

Heavy set reduce required EP 

Bronze - 3 EP

Silver - 2 EP

Gold - 1 EP 

Edited

Supermauz_R    242

Armor plates working as intended... You don't think so?

Spoiler

rB6wVbU.jpg

Are you still thinking armor plates are a good thing?

EneCtin    161

Sorry, but many times people fire at me on auto from some unexpected place in medium distance, the first I hear the bullets is when I die...so, plates won't help as much, maybe.

Otherwise, Mutalisk anyone :D ?? ouops, no, the mamooth one, with 2 blades, whatever the name was...

Edited

StanSmith44    48

Even if I do not like this idea of armor, she is there, and I have to help and test if there is a bug.

So I'm on the prototype with a Rank 2 character tested on "first encouter":

Some questions about these "plates":

The first is: the cost of repair: (reloading 3 times)
1561727521-plates-armor-hng1.jpg
It's HUGE !!!

The second:
With this character, I enter the game without plate, but I equipped before (It does not appear in the bottom left next to life), the armor plate is displayed once I go reload (in ammunition).
I do not feel that it works at the first fight in the game. (I will retest)
Edit 2nd test, it is present (on a different map).

Third: Loss of damage
When I get shot, the absorbed damage is not displayed (in minus) as for health, the armor bar disappears when it no longer exists., I find it a shame, the idea would be to put a bar that diminishes like life, or, just an icon that disappears once that armor is broken. It is an idea.

Fourth: The sound of armor
The sound of the armor on the enemies is working, sober, but I do not feel I hear it on me.

I have to go to work, I will test other things tonight.

Edited

r2gy    469

yes, repair price is huge, reto.hades laughs about "2 credits" - thats buy price, not REPAIR

dra1002    206

So after see the bad and little acceptance of this plates in the threads of the forum you follow with the idea. Ok Reto keep going even if you are told it doesnt make sense nor will help the new guys (at least as you want to implement).

I just wish all the veterans start playing inf snipers and see the misery that can be the game with your wonderful decisions. And yes, I think it will be the new meta. 

I would love see especially those guys who without camp do k/d of 3-5/1 camping the noplates guys and outplaying the plates guys. So after this go live just all vets go camp or everyone go camp until plates is mandatory and only see sa/ba tanks and planes in the games. 

Krzysiek5657    956

It is joke right? We will wear plates like knights or what??

Still most annoying feature won't be solved with that thing - insta headshots left and right.

Instead stupid plates, maybe better would be implement that as helmet which has a chance to block first shot to head from auto wep

Jonas010    855
2 minutes ago, Reto.Hades said:

Please use the topic in the prototype forum area

I just don't like the Idea of Armor Plates.

That's why I posted in the another Thread because I know that complaints gets Ignored, as we faced in the other Threads.

Where most of the people don't like the Idea either.

There is simply no Reason to give Feedback because I won't equip Body Armor, nor Test in on the Protype Server.

Reto.Hades    3,433
6 minutes ago, Jonas010 said:

I just don't like the Idea of Armor Plates.

That's why I posted in the another Thread because I know that complaints gets Ignored, as we faced in the other Threads.

Where most of the people don't like the Idea either.

There is simply no Reason to give Feedback because I won't equip Body Armor, nor Test in on the Protype Server.

I do recommend to at least try it. Even if your conclusion stays the same, it is good to have at least given it a shot. Feedback from players who have actually tried it, and that includes the feedback 'I don't like it' from players that have tried it on the prototype server is a lot more valuable for us than people who just don't like it before they even tried it.

ThaPain    21

After a few rounds I have to say I can't really see how the armor plates are better than the Heavy set badge. First of all I think it takes away too much sprint stamina. This will definitely makes the user a sitting duck for scoped BA and SA rifle users. This is a problem because ,as you said, this badge is intended to help new players ,whose tactical abilities are not as great as veterans, so they will ran into open field,armor plates will drain stamina way too fast, newbie is a sitting duck, and the aforementioned scoped rifle user will farm them down.

Then ,there is the bush camper. They are already a big issue to deal with ,mainly because of the sheer number of them. Now if you basically give them +30 HP ,they will become an even bigger issue.They WILL surely survive a BA rifle hit ,relocate and start farming again.

Possible solution : removing scopes from infantry semi-auto and bolt action rifles.

There is also an issue with availability. As far as I know this is an Infantry only equipment whereas the Heavy set badge was universal.

Possible solution : making it available for all classes.

My last observation is that it won't actually solve anything. The tanks and planes will still effortlessly farm infantry with their HE spam. The spawns will still be camped. The only thing this will add to the game is a huge repair bill to the newbies who wear this stuff(and maybe angry veterans who will have to revise most of their loadouts).

Possible solution : I have no idea.

geschlittert    1,789

It is a horrible idea. Basically will screw up the whole game balance. You don't want to get ohk by a BA? Ha, screw all your builds, your base EQ are now 7.

There will be a heavy inflation of bush wookies farming everything.

Why does Reto have to go such an unnecessary complicated path? Why not just remove heavy set, remove OHK (give BAs other traits, such as super low sway etc) and balance the weapons? This new system will bring a ton of new variables which will make the game impossible to balance. How to balance a game where one guy can have 90% more health than another.

The sad thing is, that nothing what we say here will stop armor plates. They are GOING to come. Good luck guys

Edit: at least these plates will heavily buff SAs. They are still 2hk. This is good, since SA defenitely arent the best weapons in the game atm (sarcasm)

Edited

Jonas010    855
9 minutes ago, ThaPain said:

Possible solution : I have no idea.

Become the Cancer if you don't like it either.

Grab a SA or BA, Medkit and AP or AT Mine.

Plus Camo badge and camp in bushes.

Place AP Mines for self defence and AT Mines good hidden on paths where enemy will cross.

Edited