Staff Post Tracker
1124046 minutes ago, Marv2.0 said:
I remember this Kübelwagen picture with a lot more GTA Third Reich references.
Also, Mister McFly! Mister McFly! Would you be so kind and add @Flint74 work on this? He did literally do the last two answer summaries. ( @Reto.McFly )
It feels a bit wrong to take 100% credit for only 75% of the work.
13516On 23/11/2017 at 9:04 AM, Akinaba said:
What about new helmet cover discount?
Those won't be out until Update 1.10 - so kinda difficult to put them on sale :-)On 23/11/2017 at 1:13 PM, Captain.Future said:
Will there be discounts on other objects?
Not as part of the Black Friday sale46 minutes ago, r2gy said:
Why armour bundle costs same amount of credits?
It is a pure technicality - as the bundle also contains a soldier and ribbon boosters, we cant just go in and lower the vehicle part of the bundle.
It has been a busy few weeks at the Reto-Moto headquarters. We had the Insider Summit, getting the 1.10 update ready while also releasing the Update 1.09.1. were we have made adjustments to the player level rewards and tweaked the xp earned by pilots – the details on the update can be found in the release blog post.
Test the Update 1.10 on prototype
We have put the 1.10 Update on our prototype server so you can test it and provide feedback before the update goes live.
If you go to the prototype server you can have a look at the new helmet covers, the new vehicle paint jobs and the new weather settings. And you get to battle it out on an all new encounter map called 'Culmar Hamlet'.
We have made a forum section dedicated to public test feedback, please go there to provide your input.
Second letter from the CEO
"What allows me to wake up every morning and come to the office with a smile on my face, is that now I understand that Heroes & Generals players are dedicated to their faction, to the war, but also to the game service as a whole and this is what makes RETO MOTO and Heroes & Generals stronger," writes Reto Moto's CEO Reto.JM in his second letter to the community.
You can read the letter from the CEO here.
Devstream this week– record number of questions for the Q&A & WHY-STREAM
Once again Reto.RedBjarne was joined on the Q&A & Why-Stream by Reto.Gargamel. We a record 171 questions submitted by you guys this time around, and Reto.RedBjarne managed to get through approximately 30 of them.
Did you miss the Q&A & Why Twitch-stream? Not to worry you can still find it on Twitch and on our YouTube channel. If you want to submit a question for next time, you can do so here.
And remember to follow us on Twitch and tune in every Wednesday at 1500 CEST / 9am EDT, where we have a new Twitch-stream happening.
Also remember that community members Insider Marv 2.0 and Flint74 collects the answers given in the Q&A & Why-Stream in this forum tread.
Insider Summit went well
Saturday 11th of November we had the very first Insider Summit at the Reto Moto headquarters in Copenhagen. The nine invited veteran players had an enjoyable time as did the developers from Reto Moto – it was a mutural benefitial exchange of viewpoints, ideas, thought and just plain fun.
We are working on a more extensive report detailing what was talked about at the Insider Summit that will be made available to all of you.
Meanwhile, we collected all our photos from the event in this blogpost. However, our favorite picture from the summit is the one below submitted by community member GermanSoldier.
The making of a Highlight video
Each time we do an update for Heroes & Generals we also do a video highligtinging the new content and features – these we call Highlight videos.
If you want some insights into how a Highlight video is made, you might want to follow our Lead Animator Reto.Colding on Twitch. Just before the release of the Update 1.09 he streamed while putting the Highlight video together. You can still watch both part one and part two on Twitch.
Anything can happen in combat
All Heroes & Generals players know that anything can happen on the frontline. And we really like it when you tell us about your more unusual experiences during combat – be it videos, gifs, screenshots or whatever.
The clip below was uploaded to the Heroes & Generals Subreddit by Porthgeidwad. And we really like the small story about showing mercy in combat:
Ever dreamt of taking down a heavy fighter – no problem! All you need is a truck as you can see in the clip below recorded from the players point of view:
And just to make sure you get to see just how awesome a kill this is, Reto.Christiano made sure to capture it from a different angle:
The Intelligence Bulletin is your quick brief about what is going on in and around Heroes & Generals. While the DevStreams and the forums are for the deep dives, this blog post series is an overall view – the Intelligence Bulletin will be published at regular intervals.
7618065 minutes ago, SilvaRodrigo said:
Not what i was expecting, but still far better than getting nothing.
Those credits are needed to buy my STUG camo
You get the unlocks that you "missed" compared to before the changes. That is 2x100 gold, 10k credits and the 3-day veteran membership if you have level12. The system automatically hands out newly introduced unlocks to existing players that fulfill the requirements. It does remove rewards that are discontinued though of course. So, as an existing player you will always benefit form old and new rewards.
This issue is already reported. Thanks for posting anyway
481230On 11/22/2017 at 10:00 AM, Mastah said:
As is in my nature I, for one, keep being skeptical and all i'm saying is:
Good intentions and +1 for that but I have yet not seen any of the major game breaking issues being addressed, let alone been fixed yet. Issues that killed the game play for me and many other players. Mostly long time players that left for other games but those that helped raising H&G to it's top era in 2013. Before the well known decline.
Major issues not being fixed still and ignored for way too long (without going in detail; being discussed on the forum too many times already but tried to be constructive):
- Infantry scope slowing down game pace / encouraging camping;
- Removed iron sight zoom killed game pace for skilled players;
- Slow (and game pace diminishing) exit animations are pure frustrations and not suitable for this game;
- Art work, both in game as concerning the general UI being a step back compared to old one;
- Graphics quality compared to early Béta (read: drawing distance, FOV, shadows, lighting);
- Lack of WW2 immersion in forms of flags, banners, insignia's, as was the case in early Béta version of the game. Environments look dull;
- Too much HUD info / lack of disabling obstructive messages and tool tips (old F2 function);
- Old maps / previous versions of maps need to be returned (instead of more copy/ paste maps);
- Map design should be based on competitive even balance instead of a preference for attacker or defender (perhaps listen more to experienced competitive players rather than graphical artists who happen to be handy with MS Paint and such) *;
- Amount of bushes need to be toned down all across the maps **;
- Amount of misplaced props (such as fences, stone walls, sand bags and such) being (ab)used as a method to try to balance map / direct game flow. See *
- Pick Battle list removed but was well liked;
- Squad 2.0. needs to be removed (return to Squad 1.0. and start over, this time based on community wishes/suggestions);
- Spawn 2.0. need to be removed (return to old spawn locations, simply just add invincibility timer when spawning vehicles and you're done);
- AT darts need to either go or made way less effective;
- Lack of specialized AT class;
- Lack of restriction to # of special class slots per match (as before). Once active, there is less need for so much foliage to create cover for infantry class players. See **
- Insane XP earnings by planes need to be toned down ASAP (it's a single digit that needs to be changed. 5 minutes of work);
- Not able to perform any actions when jumping is skill nerf;
- Not yet have option to take grenades away from weapon cycle and bind them to preference input key;
- Most rooftops made inaccessible due to bad modeling (character models did not fit through windows);
- Endlessly fiddling around with weapon stats (just even them all up. Only trade off with weapon balance should be ammo count v.s. damage per bullet).
- Heavy set badge still here;
- Differences between possible mods and their effects per faction needs to be evened out (e.g. barrel mod A for faction A has same effect as mod A for faction B. Keep the name differences though to keep the distinctive feel;
- RNG is skill nerf;
- Overly reacted gun retraction -> activated when not even close to an object;
- Moon gravity when jumping;
- Boundaries of map elements not drawn/shown correctly (e.g. when lying on attic and having clear view, shots get blocked by outer border of house element);
- Lag /ping spikes and packet loss, Especially the Russia based server is killing game experience to MANY players;
- Lack of ping filter and server location filters in MM;
- MM issue concerning squads without SL, dissapearing squad info boxes;
- Random crashes action game due to use of flash;
- No option to sell or swap gear, other than when promoting to general (should be possible always);
- Laggy RTS map (most likely due to too many AT's in the game. Ergo: limit amount of AT's per player) ***;
- No GUID system to prevent multi accounting thus lead to problems mentioned at ***;
- Lack of interesting RTS elements such as effect of oil-fields and factories on production rates or bunkers / rail road system on troop movement rate.
- SU and US factions fighting each other instead of being merged to just a single faction.****
- Bonus to underdog faction. Which can be removed when performing action mentioned at ****
- Present a bit more realistic in game footage (soft issue though) instead of cinematic trailers that do not represent what the game is. Just doesn't feel right;
- Promised road map lacking (what issue, when to be expected a fix for);
- Showing active player numbers on the server again;
- Lack of price list of vehicles and weaponry other than what players themselves had to find out (it's no secret so why not showing us a complete tabel);
- Same goes for weapon stats...
As you can see, there is (as far as i can see) a LONG way to go still and quite honestly not much has been achieved yet since Reto decided to "open" up a little.
At least take a clear stance on whether something will ever see light of day in upcoming versions of the game or not so players know what to expect from Heroes & Generals and able to decide to stick around or look further and drop the false hope they might have.
As stated here already by @Geronimo553; please stop reinventing the wheel and endlessly try to tweak things that used to work almost perfectly before. Would be welcome to first "consult" the active minority of the player base about what they think about certain ideas before even taking it to the drawing table and already having reached a point of no return.
But credits where credits due: communication towards player base has increased significantly though.
FYI quite a lot of the 'issues' on your list are not issues but design choices that will not change. and at least some of your assumptions on how eg. pilot xp works (and pilot xp was adjusted today) or how weapons are tweaked are incorrect.
So we are working on the game, in many different areas and people with different jobs and skills are working where their strengths are (you don't want programmer graphics or artist's server code).
And yes a public game plan for development is something WE also want to get done and made public ASAP!
481230On 11/21/2017 at 7:06 PM, mmj97 said:
Stop giving US and especially SU the OP UD bonues when they have won EVERY single war since end of April.
You are purposely ruining my and many others game experience, i have no intent to switch from the German army, i have all my achievements and progress in GE, and i will rather quit than be forced to start fresh as another faction.
Im not spending a single cent on this game until you fix this unbalanced and bias against GE. and i dont know for how long im willing to stay as it is, because war games are no longer fun at all.
The bonus depends on the amount of players online at that exact moment. It is a population, IF you don't see it active for Germany it is because when you play, there are more players online on the German faction than on the others.
The game is not biased against anyone, it would not make sense for us to do so. Especially since the most populous faction is the German one.
We are aware that the German army seems unable to stop the attack from two fronts and we are working on finding ways to alleviate the issue.
It's time for Black Friday Sale!
Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and dark autumn nights - a perfect time for gaming! Throughout this "extended weekend" you can save 50% when buying a new vehicle.
The Black Friday Sale ends Tuesday the 28th of November @ 06:30 CET 02am EST
With the release of the “Update 1.09.1 – Player Level Adjustments” we have made a number of changes to the rewards you get as you level up in Heroes & Generals.
We have made these changes to make progressing in Player Level a more smooth and fun experience for new players.
Overview of player level rewards
Below is an overview of the player level rewards and bonuses in Update 1.09.1:
Level 1: Unlock Encounter + Training matchmaking
Level 2: 10,000 credits + 24 hour veteran membership + Bronze matchmaking
Level 3: 5,000 credits + unlock Skirmish
Level 4: 5,000 credits + unlock Assault
Level 5: 100 gold + Silver matchmaking
Level 6: 10,000 credits
Level 7: Gold matchmaking
Level 8: 10,000 credits
Level 9: 10,000 credits
Level 10: 100 gold + 20,000 warfunds + unlock War
Level 11: 25,000 credits
Level 12: 50,000 warfunds + 3 day veteran membership + General recruitment unlock
We moved the 24 Veteran Membership from level six to level two.
We also upped the credit reward at level two, six and nine from 5,000 to 10,000 credits, and put a 10,000 credit reward in at level eight.
Finally we added a 100 gold reward to level five and ten.
Lowering xp for pilots
We have decided to lower the amount of xp earned by pilots adjusting them to match the other soldier types in Heroes & Generals
The reason for this is that we want all types of soldiers to be equally interesting to play in terms of progression and earnings. We want it to be fair to everyone, and to make sure that all players get a more balanced gameplay experience.
We will continue to monitor xp and earnings for all soldier types and possibly tweak them to uphold this balance.
The Q&A & Why is an event where Reto.RedBjarne answer questions asked from the players in a livestream on Twitch every other Wednesday.
Do you have a question about what we are working on, why a certain feature works a certain way or other relevant subjects? Then write it in the poll linked below. We want to ask everyone to limit your contribution to 1 question, so everyone gets the chance to get his or her question answered.
You can submit your question here: Q&A and why questions! #9.
The question poll for Q&A & Why #8 will be closed Thursday the 30th of November at 12:00 CET and all questions will be collected and put up in a poll that will run until Monday the 4th of December. The questions answered in each Q&A & Why will be ordered by the amount of votes.
After the stream we will open a new thread for questions and will repeat the process for every Q&A & Why stream.