The Mid-Season Update is here in time for Hallowar and with it a new tutorial system to allow new and existing users to learn the ropes and be rewarded.
Get the Hallowar bloody bat skins and get up close and personal with your enemy. Enjoy better visibility in the heat of the battle and much more!
Keep reading to find out all about the update and the new tutorials below!
For this mid-season update one of our main focuses is the new user experience.
We are introducing a 3-layered tutorial system which is designed to take players, new and old, on a journey through Heroes & Generals’ many systems and mechanics.
Career Orders can be found on the right hand side of your soldier screen.
Our mission is to unveil the complexity of Heroes & Generals at a good pace and showcase the unique opportunities you have in the game, while not making them mandatory to follow.
A new introduction video is shown to new players when launching the game for the first time. It’s a short and sweet 90 second video highlighting the unique aspects of Heroes & Generals and gives the new recruit a clear goal of reaching war mode.
If you are curious about the video take a look here!
The tutorials are written explanations of many of the features Heroes & Generals has to offer. This can be anything from equipping a weapon or changing between soldiers ingame. Many tutorials have Career Orders attached and can be viewed by pressing the sergeant icon inside Career Orders. You can find all tutorials in
ACTION GAME CHANGES
- The amount of smoke that infantry guns produce has been decreased to help you to keep your eyes on the prize.
- We also took a look at the blood splatter effect when you are hit and have tweaked it to never obscure the middle of your screen.
- Enemy soldier headgear is now shown in the kill message.
- AI Soldier difficulty has been increased in the Encounter gamemode.
- Players can now view the Strategy Map before unlocking the gamemode.
- It is no longer possible to initiate a new battle immediately after losing one. Assault Teams on the losing side moving to the battlefield of the battle that just ended, will now retreat back to their previous location without suffering from retreat penalties.
- The deploy cost increase after a war victory has been lowered from 5% to 4,75%
- When making a purchase in the store a confirmation box will now appear to avoid misclicks.
- Command points are now visible in the soldier purchase window.
- Equipping a crate to a vehicle no longer unequips camo netting on armored vehicles or machine guns on infantry vehicles.
- When a staged battle is found, you now see what city you are near on the RTS-Minimap and the battlefield is highlighted with a crosshair.
HALLOWAR IS HERE
Bloody bat skins are now available for purchase for the remainder of Season 2, get yours while they are available and swing your way to victory!
In addition to the bloody bat skins, we will be running a spooky screenshot contest when we get closer to Hallowar. Stay tuned!