ATTENTION! The content of this article is more than three months old and may not be relevant to the current version of the game
Test is now over! Thanks a lot for your help. Those who won will be contacted directly by support!
We have opened the Prototype Server with a hotfix for 1.12.
The main fix is an annoying bug that required some players to join an action game TWICE before it would launch properly. Read below for a complete list of changes on prototype.
We need you to log in on our Prototype Server and play like you normally would.
If you encounter a crash, you should send the crash report and if you encounter other issues, please post them in the Feedback topic.
Be aware that we may need to apply hotfixes to the Prototype Server during the test. So if the server is down, don’t despair, it will come back online shortly.
- The "rejoin" bug where you are unable to launch the action game and have to press 'Rejoin' to get in.
- Action server crash fix
- Crash fix
- On bulletin screen, the changelog now has a label identifying it as "CHANGELOG"
- Added hint that you can skip "commencing field maintenance" by pressing space
Armor and Damage
- Windscreens no longer block bullets. They will still block blast and grenades. Thank you to those who reported!
- Armor component messages are now combined if you have multiple messages within 3 seconds. Armor Damage messages are combined into one, Component Damage are combined into one and Components Detroyed are also combined into one. Thank you to those who reported!
- Vehicle component damage to vehicle hitpoints is now normalized, so the maximum hitpoints the vehicle can lose from one component type is based on the max from one. E.g. if a vehicle has 2 ammo compartments (one that can transfer 1000 dmg and another that can transfer 500 damage), then the total they can transfer is 1000 where the large one can transfer 666 and 333 for the small one.
- "Destroyed gun breech, now reduces rate of fire and reload speed. Detroyed barrel, now reduces muzzle velocity and increases cone fire"
- Fixed a bug where the audio effect of sitting inside a vehicle could be stuck on after exiting
- Assault – capture to neutral is now faster
- Moved tanker wrench from lvl 5 to lvl 2
- Re-arranged tanker combat badges to favour mechanic badge
- SMG now unlocks adjusted down
- Moved tier 2 light tanks to lvl 1
- Death camera tweak and suicide key option disabled.
- No effects and explosion damage in ghost mode
All who plays at least one battle on Prototype before 09:00 CEST Wednesday the 10th of October, will participate in a prize draw with cool prizes such as a H&G branded Zippo-lighter, a H&G hoodie, a H&G t-shirt, a H&G Medic bag, Gold and Veteran Membership. The more who plays on Prototype, the more prizes we will give.
HOW DO I JOIN?
Download and install the client as indicated.
You will have more than enough Gold for testing purposes and grabbing the vehicles you want to play with! Please note that any gold, credits or warfunds are not transferred to the Live servers. What you do on the prototype server stays on the prototype server.
Q: How do I access the prototype server on Steam, Mail.Ru, or Hype?
A: Unfortunately, Prototype is only accessible through the standalone client. But you can use the same login, so you only need to download the stand-alone client.
Q: Can I play when I located outside Europe?
A: We have two different servers supporting prototype this time, one in Frankfurt, Germany like we normally have that gives good (or decent) ping for Europeans, Russians and most Americans, but we also have one running in Hong Kong so our Australian and Asian players should have a chance to play as well.
Q: Why is the downloading of the client progressing so slow?
A: During the initial opening of the server, there is a heavy load on download centers.
Q: What should I do if I encounter a crash?
A: If you experience crashes you should send the crash report right away!
Q: Does this impact my normal game?
A: No, You have a separate amount of credits, gold & warfunds as well as separate characters, weapons, vehicles etc. on the prototype server!
Q: Do I get the Gold, Warfunds and Credits back in the normal game?
A: No, the free stuff stays on the prototype server.
Q: Am I allowed to have fun?
A: YES! While this is a test it is also a game, so go have some fun! Check out other vehicles, factions and careers from what you normally play.