Reto-Moto is looking for an Experienced Environment Artist to bring the visual quality of Heroes & Generals to the next level.
Based in central Copenhagen, Reto-Moto, a computer games developer, that employs 35 people, all passionate about creating the best possible experience for the players of our free-to-play large scale FPS Heroes & Generals.
You will be working as part of our graphics team in supervising creation of game assets from level design block-outs to finished assets, and providing hands on assistance at any stage if needed, as well as working with the Art Director managing assets created by external partners to ensure highest performance and visual quality.
You will perform tasks as varied as creating lighting and weather effects of game environments and terrains in alignment with the art direction, ensuring textures style, shaders and colors are in line with art direction, and work with our level designers and technical artists to optimize assets and environment layouts for optimal performance.
You will also work with our technical artist and tool programmers in updating and improving the art production pipeline, transitioning from XSI to Maya as main content editor, and work with our QA department in improving quality assurance of our game artwork.
We are offering a full-time position in our office in central Copenhagen, where you will be part of a highly motivated team with experienced developers having fun doing what they love.
Please send your application and résumé to [email protected]
- Create game assets from level design block-outs to finished assets.
- Supervising production of in game assets.
- Manage assets created by external partners to ensure quality.
- Create the lighting and weather effects of the game environment and terrain.
- Ensure textures style, shaders and colors are in line with the art direction.
- Optimize assets and environment layouts for optimal performance.
- Updating and improve the art production pipeline.
- Help the transition from XSI to Maya as main content editor.
- Improve quality assurance of our game artwork with our QA department.
- Minimum five years experience in the game industry working on 3D games (PC/Console).
- Strong understanding of architecture, lighting, composition and multi player/single player level design.
- Strong understanding of environment art in competitive games.
- Excellent skills in modeling and texturing detailed modular environment assets.
- Excellent lighting skills.
- Excellent knowledge and experience creating shaders.
- Strong understanding of the live game development process.
- Understanding of the f2p business model and how it relates to the artwork.
- Experience with current generation of game engines like Unity, Unreal or similar.
- Able to provide good estimates on art production time and cost at quality level.
- Solid English skills (written and spoken)
- Experience in specialized 3D packages like ZBrush, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer and similar.
- Experience with skinning and rigging.
- Experience with PBL shaders
- Experience with level design (multiplayer, co-op and single player)
Make a Difference – Fight for Friends
About Heroes & Generals
Heroes & Generals is a free-to-play MMOFPS where Germany, United States and Soviet Union fight for victory in one grand online war. You fight and make friends as a team, and no matter if you play as Infantry, Tank crew, Fighter pilot, Paratrooper, Recon or General, you make a difference in the war.
Reto-Moto is an independent game studio based in Copenhagen and established in 2008 by the original founders of IO Interactive and the creators of the Hitman series.